We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pictures of Unknown Acacia Trees... Need Help IDing!!! Options

Jez
#1 Posted : 3/10/2011 1:38:28 AM

Jez

So my adventures around the local area have continued with more pictures!!! Acacia trees are suppose to be all over Queensland... especially Brisbane!!!

Can anyone help me on the following trees to let me know....

1.) Is the tree an Acacia
2.) If so... species???
3.) Any other comments???

Sorry for the ignorance! I wish I had someone that could just take me around and point out the trees. Would be so much easier and I would never forget Smile But for the moment I have to just rely on your help and take pictures of trees that I think might be acacia??? Thanks so much!!!

~Jez
Jez attached the following image(s):
IMG_2301.JPG (118kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
IMG_2302.JPG (107kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
IMG_2303.JPG (129kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jez
#2 Posted : 3/10/2011 1:40:24 AM

Jez

The above pictures are all one tree

Tree #2 Smile
Jez attached the following image(s):
IMG_2296.JPG (134kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
IMG_2297.JPG (109kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

nn-DreemMasterTree
#3 Posted : 3/10/2011 9:04:39 AM

samsara

sorry dude, no such luck in the spice department Crying or very sad cool trees tho Smile
top one is not Acacia, bottom pic is probably in the Mimosoideae family not sure if Acacia though.

ps. look at pics on the net of phyllodes try and match them up to a tree or even go to a botanical gardens and have a look around they usually have name tags, the information is out there somewhere. and one can only say so much over the net, you need a little prior knowledge.

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

Jez
#4 Posted : 3/10/2011 9:21:32 AM

Jez

Damn... Keep searching Smile The Adventure continues!!! Thanks DreemMasterTree!