We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
THH - Harmala Holy Grail Options

ouro
#21 Posted : 11/3/2010 5:57:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a very simple test to see if the OP has a new substance: Do the same procedure again without the reducing agent and see if something precips at ph7.2. Then, try the same process again without adding in the harmaline at the start and see if the lower ph precip comes from the other reagents. If the low ph precip does not come from the initial materials separately there is good evidence that a new compound is being formed by this process. Just a thought... I also appreciate the experimenting and wish you luck Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

professor8
#22 Posted : 11/5/2010 5:46:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so Iโ€™ve done some more trials on converting Harmaline/Harmine to THH.
I found that as much as 40-60% of Harmaline/Harmine gets destroyed in the process or my original sample is only 40-60% pure and the process removes the impurities during the conversion. This seems most likely

Reacting for shorter periods was a waste and longer periods also proved ineffectual for larger yields. A gentle boil with reflux and infusions of Ascorbic acid water (1g/100ml) in 30min intervals over a 2 hour period was sufficient for conversion.

I took 100mg of THH from the last trial and dissolved it in 200ml of water with 20ml of vinegar, Heated & salted it to saturation. I then removed it from the heat, decanted and added 40ml of water.

This is a trick I have discovered when salting your alks down to get bigger crystals in the water. A fully salt saturated medium will cause crystals to precipitate almost immediately but if the solution is only 80% saturated you will have bigger crystals that just take a bit longer to form.

Harmine/Harmaline crystal grow like this after salting below the saturation threshold and allowed to grow overnight.

Anyway I got 2 distinct layers of crystal growth after 6 hours as you can see here

This is unusual and begs me to ask: Are the two distinct layers 2 different harmalas?

After filtering & drying, I bioassayed 50mg subling of the combined layers (yeah, I know, should've pipetted off each layer individually; I'll do it next time Pleased)

I got effects very similar to THH HCl (sourced from FV as a control, fully aware of the controversy but this sample is very good). Effects after 30 min were very blissful & of a high vibration and it feels like it might contain as much as 25% Harmine but the taste is much milder than Harmine acetate (which is very, very bitter). Also no sluggish or stony Harmaline effects and spice vaped afterward DID have the Crystalline World Effect I attribute to THH HCl.

This is what I am looking for and pleased to have found a method to make this substance.

It is not my intention to make pure THH but develop a simple, kitchen friendly method for THH conversion so negligible Salt content & Harmine in the mix is fine by me. It is an excellent meditation aid & extremely effective with Spice OR Changa.

Travel Light Pleased
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

burnt
#23 Posted : 11/5/2010 8:18:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Ok so Iโ€™ve done some more trials on converting Harmaline/Harmine to THH.
I found that as much as 40-60% of Harmaline/Harmine gets destroyed in the process or my original sample is only 40-60% pure and the process removes the impurities during the conversion. This seems most likely

Where are these numbers coming from? Are they based on weights?

I remain skeptical this process is making THH but only way to find out is to try it...

One question. Does SWIY use the yellow mostly harmaline as starting material or just cruder rue extracts?

professor8
#24 Posted : 11/5/2010 8:53:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mean weight from 4 trials.

I usually do 4 saltings, a Na2CO3 precip and then 2 more saltings followed by a NaHCO3 precip for Harmine & Na2CO3 precip for Harmaline; I filter at each step with cotton or coffee filters.

Its a ritual that works well for me Pleased

op here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=14064

In the THH conversion trials I used Harmine, Harmaline, & separated Harmine/Harmaline and found the Harmaline to give the best yields.

I will be doing an extraction on caapi leaf solution based to 7 and see what precips and what effects come of it. I beleive there is more THH in the leaves, they give me a much lighter feeling than the vine.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#25 Posted : 11/5/2010 11:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Burnt just showed that this separation is not accurate as you are supposing:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=16743

This means there is probably a lot of harmine in your harmaline, which would explain the early precipitation.

Also you are still talking about FV's THH as if its THH, but its pretty proven that its not, did you check the new subforum about it? So your subjective feeligns of 'this batch being good' arent really any scientific/reliable measure.

You seem to totally disregard the possibility of placebo, and I wonder why, if its been shown again and again how much placebo and self-suggestion can influence effects of substances.

Would be interesting if you did the test ouro suggested.

burnt
#26 Posted : 11/5/2010 2:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I will be doing an extraction on caapi leaf solution based to 7 and see what precips and what effects come of it. I beleive there is more THH in the leaves, they give me a much lighter feeling than the vine.

All kinds of compounds could precipitate non alkaloids included. Caapi leaf is probably 'lighter' because the concentration is so much less of alkaloids in general.

I dunno we have no direct evidence that this absorbic acid method works at all. But who knows it might but until more proof is there, there is no reason to believe it does.

Apoc
#27 Posted : 11/6/2010 5:01:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Professor, thank you very much for your sincere effort to bring an effective method to the people. Unfortunately, I am apparently too stupid to even do a basic Manske harmala tek. I tried and all I got was colored salt. lol.

I must say I am really surprised at this whole thh situation. Here's my analysis....

= for many nexians, thh is the harmala holy grail.
= THH is completely legal everywhere in the world.
= As far as I know, flowingvisions is the only place on the planet that supplies thh.
= It has been determined that even flowingvisions thh is likely half, or less than half thh.
= I am really surprised at how hard it is to come by this stuff, despite how much people seem to love it.

To my surprise, it seems even the unofficial experts in this field still have not found a consistent way to extract thh. And NO ONE is supplying it to the wanting community. Who is going to step up and offer this oh so sought after wonderful substance?

I honestly believe that if every law maker in the world took an oral dose of 100mg harmine with 100mg THH, followed by 30mg dmt fumarate, then dmt would not be illegal.... and there would be a lot of very happy law makers.

professor8
#28 Posted : 11/6/2010 12:59:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I completely understand the need for proof. For I was once in that space and I rejected anything that that logic dictated would not work; I discounted any assumptions based on subjective feeling and often used words like 'placebo' & 'no'. Over time, peering over skeptic's glasses, my intuition atrophied & my creativity suffered for it.

I learned a lot but discovered little.

Inquiry & discernment are essential tools to the seeker especially when employed with compassion. The Nexxus would be a more fertile & thriving community if new ideas were sprouted in a less hostile environment.

In any event, it is quite easy to dissprove or deny ANY discovery with Pure Science; that has been one of its greatest achievements in the modern age. In this simple experiment I have blazed a trail of discovery and left a well documented path to follow; The breadcrumbs are there for anyone to pickup. Whether or not it works for you is not a measure of my success or abilities but your desire to create something, anything, that helps you to become a better human being, Intention is everything. Lets open up a more creative dialogue that encourages creative experiementation and moves bravely away from dogma.

I say this with respect & love for me fellow seekers and I wish you all good luck in your experiements & Light in your Travels.

Be well,
Prof8

burnt
#29 Posted : 11/6/2010 1:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is nothing hostile about curiosity and a scientific pursuit for answers. Realize nothing I saw is to critisize you. I'm simply curious. This is the kind of work I do for a living so I spend all day thinking about this stuff Pleased

mumbles
#30 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:34:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
Nope, its illegal in those places with strict analogue laws.

professor8 wrote:
Inquiry & discernment are essential tools to the seeker especially when employed with compassion. The Nexxus would be a more fertile & thriving community if new ideas were sprouted in a less hostile environment.
I woudldn't call it a hostile environment, its just a place were the scientific method is observed and ideas are encouraged to be backed up with evidence. This is for the common good as the pseudoscience and the legitimate ideas are separated out.

narmz
#31 Posted : 3/9/2011 8:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that this could easily be determined to cause a conversion or not cause a conversion by using a black-light to compare the flourescent emission before and after the procedure? Am I wrong about this? I know that over at the nook they successfully converted harmine to THH using Zinc, and floursecent light showed a distinct change from green glow to blue glow.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

endlessness
#32 Posted : 3/9/2011 8:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How would you know it wasnt simply partial conversion? Or something else happening appart from thh, impurities that change colour, or... ? Seems one of ron's mistakes was exactly relying on these "spot tests".

narmz
#33 Posted : 3/9/2011 8:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
How would you know it wasnt simply partial conversion? Or something else happening appart from thh, impurities that change colour, or... ? Seems one of ron's mistakes was exactly relying on these "spot tests".

You might not know if it was partial conversion, but I'd think it'd be pretty clear if you saw a change in the floursecent color that some sort of conversion was taking place. Harmine and Harmaline both glow green, THH glows blue (this may just be hearsay?) from what i've heard. I am currently looking for refs, I have found plenty of refs regarding floursecent emissions of harman, harmalol, harmine, harmaline, yohimbine, etc, but have yet to find one that mentions THH.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

FiorSirtheoir
#34 Posted : 3/10/2011 1:42:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would not call the Nexus a hostile environment. I would have to agree with Burnt, there is no way to know if it is actually THH without a chemical analysis, or using an established reduction method. I forget who it was or where the post is but there was a great explanation as to why harmine could not, and harmaline could be reduced to THH. So, is the opinion that professor8 is most likely simply refining/purifying harmine? If that is the case it would be a good tek to get nailed down.

Now, professor8, this is not to say that your statement about intention does not have weight, however your implication is that your intention is becoming manifest thus causing THH to be reduced. Amit Goswami, a renowned quantum physicist, talks about how sub-atomic and super sub-atomic particles manifest atoms by intent, with an awareness. Are you saying that you have some how figured out how to direct the intent of strings and membranes? I would like to know how you do that.Smile I am not opposed to objective, nor subjective, exploration. Both are tools and serve a great purpose. I do not believe one is greater than the other, but they cross paths; the real and the unreal; the seen and the unseen. I was under the impression that what was being looked for was a tek for reduction.

Now for those of you that have access to chemical analysis, I would implore you to investigate the results of these teks, so we may know, objectively, what is happening. So, professor8, please outline, in detail, SWIY's experimentation - weights, methods, times, temperatures, ph, components, etc... So that those who have access to chemical analysis can repeat exactly what you did and test the results.

Kindest regards to everyone,
Fior
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

Mydriasis
#35 Posted : 3/10/2011 5:55:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In my ignorant opinion the best way to go about this would be as follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extract as clean as possible from syrian rue. Wash away undesirables. Recrystallize compounds. Run TLC to find an eluent that separates the chemicals checking for spots under UV light.

Once a proper eluent is found(I know of one but it requires conc. NH3), then apply column chromatography. Testing with TLC of course as the eluent is collected.

Recrystallize again... Check melting points?

Attempt reduction(don't half ass the procedure, when it calls for a steam bath use a steam bath or other effective means), saving some of the original sample of harmaline(once this is found of course). Apply TLC to the reaction product and compare it with the plate of the 'pure' harmaline(may need new solvent system?). If the spots aren't visible to the naked eye again perhaps UV light can help sort this out. Separate via column chromatography.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course this isn't fool proof, the difference between harmine to harmaline is an saturated bond. The difference between harmaline to tetrahydroharmine is another saturated bond. Tests such as freezing point depression, etc, are useless here. If the evidence is suggestive and it is documented only then, would I recommend even asking one of the professionals to run a sample(real analysis takes time, patience, effort, etc). Melting point would be an excellent addition to this, if one has a thiele tube + capillary + mineral oil + candle + thermometer handy. Although m.p. tests are inconclusive alone.

As soon as I can get my hands on some microscope slides, some kitty litter and a couple grams of Zn, I'll give this a try, completely documented. Ooo transparency what a wonderful thing. Having 'standards'(said loosely) of THH, Harmine, and harmaline/harmadine will be critical for some of the experiments I plan on conducting in the future. So if no one beats me to the punch it will be tested sometime this year.

Yes there is actually a knowledge bubble shrouding this issue, because there is sadly dogmatic green paper involved with beta-carbolines. Go figure their quasi-legal nature employs them to be slung around like wild-fire at excessive prices and cause people to bash heads against one another's. This is why science is great it excludes these filthy things.

I have some other ideas in mind, but no point in sharing them until the meat hits the tenderizer, and a well-done steak comes off the proverbial grill.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

byallmeansart
#36 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:31:23 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

endlessness wrote:
Burnt just showed that this separation is not accurate as you are supposing:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=16743

This means there is probably a lot of harmine in your harmaline, which would explain the early precipitation.

Also you are still talking about FV's THH as if its THH, but its pretty proven that its not, did you check the new subforum about it? So your subjective feeligns of 'this batch being good' arent really any scientific/reliable measure.

You seem to totally disregard the possibility of placebo, and I wonder why, if its been shown again and again how much placebo and self-suggestion can influence effects of substances.

Would be interesting if you did the test ouro suggested.

Super informative, A+++; would read again
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

byallmeansart
#37 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:34:41 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

mumbles wrote:
Apoc wrote:
Nope, its illegal in those places with strict analogue laws.

professor8 wrote:
I woudldn't call it a hostile environment, its just a place were the scientific method is observed and ideas are encouraged to be backed up with evidence. This is for the common good as the pseudoscience and the legitimate ideas are separated out.

^general sentiment held by most THIS Nexian(s).
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

Trips
#38 Posted : 10/4/2011 3:39:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry,
DEFINITELY not making THH.

A) THH crystals are not long and slender needle crystals like those shown. They are snowflake-ish and fractally. You have purified your original compound somewhat.
B) Ascorbic Acid is definitely not a strong enough reducing agent to blast these double bonds away.
C) ...Where the hell is this H2O2 supposedly coming from? Ascorbic acid acts as an anti-oxidant, as in it 'traps' oxidizing free radicals. It doesn't create sources of them. And even if it did, a free radical is going to oxidize the shit out of everything... not reduce it.
D) Chemistry has replaced alchemy for good reason.

If you are adamant on the identity of your compound, you may send me a small sample and I will scan the NMR printout and post it for all to see. I'll even analyze it Pleased Of course, you'll have to take my word for it, unless there are other chemists abound.

Trips
#39 Posted : 10/4/2011 3:42:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd only need about a milligram.

starway7
#40 Posted : 8/31/2021 1:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

found this old thh post below....

professor8 wrote:
A while back I read a very good explanation of the different effects of Harmalas that has stuck with me. I believe it was 69ron that said: โ€˜Harmine is the Coffee of the harmalas & Harmaline is the Weed and when it comes to THH (tetrahydroharmine) you have The Light.'

Whilst very similar in molecular structure, THH has a completely different personality to Harmine & Harmaline. Calling it The Light of the harmalas is very appropriate. IMHO, it is the Holy Grail of The Harmalas. I have found Harmine very, very helpful in Meditation & Yoga. It energises your Light Body and allows you to see your Chakras & Auric fields; very helpful in a biofeedback sorta way Pleased
Personally, Harmaline is too heavy & stony for me but I do respect its power and personality, kinda like a big shaggy & lovable dog.

While we are all aware of the MAOI effects of the Harmalas I would like to suggest additional effects I have noted that our current version of scientific enquiry is ill prepared to explain. For the scientists out there please bear with me, I have found a dramatic increase in Energetic Vibration from the direct use of Harmalas in any form by any means of ingestion. This is as true for drinking Caapi tea as it is for bong hitting rue seeds.

This Vibration can be felt as light headedness or slight dizziness accompanied by feelings of well being and connectedness. It indicates a move up the etheric spiral towards your higher self. Sometimes accompanied by a slight nausea, that goes away as your complementary bodies move into alignment. It is the same energetic feeling you get from doing Kundalini exercises or the tingly afterglow of orgasm. By cultivating this Vibration and slowly allowing it to increase over time you will find you are more psychic, intuitive, compassionate & can bend time at will. Yes, you read it right, Bend Time At Will.

THH has the ability to raise your vibration in a most powerful, yet subtle way. It brings a crystalline prismy texture to spice and adds a super clear watery dimension to Aya, like looking down through 10meters of shimmering Caribbean Sea on clear blue day. It brings a dimension of pure light to the entheogenic experience and encourages entities & intelligences of only the Highest Order. If one is not accustomed to perceiving these experiences with a spiritual perspective most of the nuances & subtleties THH brings on are overlooked and remain unseen and one would better enjoy Harmaline as a house painter chooses a roller over a brush, its about preference & choice.

THH seems to be more concentrated in Caapi leaves rather than the vine, this explains the lighter feeling I get from Caapi Enhanced leaf vs. Aya Vine Tea. There is ample THH in the Vine but more Light in the Leaf Pleased I am unsure of the content in Rue, but I have read that Harmaline CAN be converted into THH in a reduction process. Iโ€™ve yet to try the Hcl/Zinc method but follows is a very simple oxidation & reduction process using Ascorbic Acid. The initial yields are low but the results are fantastic as I was left with THH & Harmine, harmalas I know and love Smile

First I dissolved 20 500mg Vitamin C (Clicks house brand) in hot water, I let the binding agents settle & decanted through a coffee filter into a pot. I then added 1.16g of Harmaline and brought the mixture to a gentle boil. The liquid turned orange/yellow and I covered the pot with a pyrex dish with ice to let the reaction reflux and the H202 to circulate through the solution. I left it to gently boil adding a bit of ascorbic acid water twice to make up for evaporation.

Gradually the solution lightened up a little but never went clear. Little precipitates began to form and I rightly assumed they were particles of the Vitamin C binding agent that had begun to clump together.

After 3 hours I removed the solution from the heat and filtered to remove the inert precips.

I carefully & slowly sprinkled in Bicarb until it stopped reacting. I was very careful to not add too much and bring the solution to a PH of about 7-7.2 as I read that the PKa of THH is 6.9

And like magic a very fine precipitation began. I let it react & settle for an hour & filtered. I then raised the PH to about 9 and watched another round of precipitation.
After Drying here is what I had.

THH as a gray fb __________________________________ Harmine fb

I have bioassayed both and am sure that I have both Harmine & THH as a result, the THH is as good, if not better than FV's THH HCl

I do not know the underlying chemistry behind such a transformation but am more than happy to chalk it up to Alchemy. I will further reduce the Harmine and a control sample of Harmine HCl and see what happens but in the long run I am quite pleased to convert my Harmaline in this manner even if the conversion is only 60%. I know I can get this figure up after more trials Smile

Peace Professor8

https://youtu.be/_VORDqDwdhg

PREV123NEXT