We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
BBC news website: "Cannabis use 'raises psychosis risk' - study" Options

soulfood
#21 Posted : 3/5/2011 11:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

MooshyPeaches wrote:
now im scared to try marijuana because im afraid of getting psychosis

Me too... I'm also scared to try sunshine in case I get cancer.

WHAT DO I DOOOOO?!?!?!?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

joedirt
#22 Posted : 3/5/2011 3:03:58 PM

Not I

soulfood wrote:
MooshyPeaches wrote:

WHAT DO I DOOOOO?!?!?!?

LOL Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

polytrip
#23 Posted : 3/5/2011 8:04:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
imPsimon wrote:
polytrip wrote:
Multiple studies have been done on this topic. Everything indicates that cannabis can function as a catalyst for psychosis in people with a predisposition for develloping such mental disorders, so that people get the psychosis at an earlier stage in life. It has never been proven that 'normal' people also have an increased chance of becoming psychotic.

Didn't you mean schizophrenia?Wink
Anyone can have a psychosis given enough mental stress. (Which basically should make it obvious that cannabis
can be a catalyst although rarely).

Well, schizophrenia is a disorder of wich psychosis is one of the main characteristic's. It is only logical to assume that all disorders featuring psychotic episodes, from serious bipolar disorders to schizoid personality disorders, could be worsened by the use of cannabis. Or even that what aplies to psychoses, aplies to all mental disorders in general. Cannabis is also known to be a depressogenic substance for instance.

I don't see how this is anti-cannabis propaganda. It's something as saying that rock-climbing could cause panick-attacks in persons who suffer from extreme vertigo.

The main argument for legalisation is: there are all kinds of activities that could be risky for people with a certain vulnarability, but does that legitimise a total ban for everybody?
You don't want blind people to drive cars, does that mean all cars should be banned?
Some people can die from eating a single peanut, does that mean all peanut featuring products including peanuts themselves should be banned? etc.

Trying to deny the fact that there are vulnerable people out there is no way to go in the debate about cannabis' legal status, because it's a lost cause.

imPsimon
#24 Posted : 3/6/2011 12:43:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I don't see how this is anti-cannabis propaganda. It's something as saying that rock-climbing could cause panick-attacks in persons who suffer from extreme vertigo.

I think it was a good study and I dont think it's anti-cannabis propaganda. I was commenting on your remark about
people accusing it of being politically motivated which it doesn't seem to be.
Whenever anybody say or write something negative about cannabis there is very often strong
resistance to the fact that it has any negative sides.

ElusiveMind
#25 Posted : 3/9/2011 12:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Supposedly the risk has to do with high THC levels and lower CBD levels.

The following link has the news article and links to the sources of the studies... haven't looked into it too much but its a good read Wink

Lack of balance in weed
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Rivea
#26 Posted : 3/9/2011 12:44:23 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

joedirt wrote:
soulfood wrote:
MooshyPeaches wrote:

WHAT DO I DOOOOO?!?!?!?

LOL Smile

I long ago stopped smoking MJ because it screwed with my memory so badly I would have had to drop out from my graduate program. So, the cannabis went instead.

But psychosis, come on....

Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

dreamer042
#27 Posted : 3/9/2011 3:41:49 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

soulfood wrote:
MooshyPeaches wrote:

WHAT DO I DOOOOO?!?!?!?

Just keep drinking the chlorinated fluoridated water and eating artificial colors and flavors. These things are safe Rolling eyes
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

yaxar
#28 Posted : 3/9/2011 9:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use hasheesh more or less on a daily basis since 3 years now. Been dry for several days. Have i become psychotic?
Yes, if psychosis means increased awareness of my surrounding, so hells yeah.. Been an AMOK!
AMOK for music, AMOK for fruits, oranges, apples and strawberries. AMOK for tiny details of life.
I do get paranoid on hasheesh but i use that moment as an opportunity to dig deeper and instantly connect to a deeper part of self.
it's the ever changing set and setting, on hasheesh, that really scares the shit out of me, but hey, m glad to be paranoid, glad to feel fear and be shocked and awed, again and again and again. Very happy Really helps me shed my identity and just become one with my breathe. Smile
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

PREV12