We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yellow oil after freeze precipitate Options

spice_girl
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 7:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We just recently got only a 1/4 of mhrb and did a STB extraction. After we put the container in the freezer about 2-3 hours into the process there was this real dark yellow, almost brown kind of oily substance. We also poured some of the naphtha into a little glass container to evap the naphtha and after a few hours of that there seemed to be nice yellow crystals but when we tried to take them off the glass they just turned into the same dark yellow almost brownish color but into a oil. after that we just thought they needed to dry more so we put a fan on it for about 17 hours and its still just as oily as it was and it just wont dry off. ive been reading around for a while now and most of the threads just say to re-crystalize it, but will this actually help?
So i really need some suggestions on what I can do to dry it out more..and letting a fan sit on it just isnt helping.

Also what could of happened to cause the extracted substance to come out as that real dark yellow/brownish oil?

Thanks so much Smile
"With our thought we make the world." -Buddha

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 9:57:36 PM

SWIM

Well since it is a STB then the naptha will tend to pick up more stuff.

Though naptha is immiscible with water it can still mix with a tiny tiny portion of the mimosa sludge which can coat the crystals that precipitation.

Even when doing an A/B with lime there is usually a yellowish film coated the precipitation container under the crystals. SWIM is pretty sure this is either DMT-n-oxide or "jungle DMT" (SWIM's tests suggest jungle DMT is very slightly soluble in naptha) because it is soluble in vinegar and though he hasn't bio-essayed it alone, when the crystals and goo are smoked together they seem just as potent per mg as smoking only the crystals.

So your brown goo is most likely a tiny bit of the mimosa sludge which was mixed with the naptha and some DMT-n-oxide and/or Jungle DMT.
Recrystallizing with a small amount of naptha should definitely help clean up the spice, start with warm naptha (heating via a hot-water bath would be best) and a shot-glass full should be PLENTY to dissolve the DMT. The naptha can be evaporated (assuming it evaporates without completely cleanly) or freezer precipitated. The small amount of naptha and it only being warm should have much less gunk in it to coat the crystals.

After washing the DMT with the warm naptha you can use hot naptha to dissolve some of the more resistant crystals (some are, dunno why) and the goo left being will be DMT-n-oxide + Jungle DMT + impurities. The goo would likely be very harsh and nasty to smoke, smoking it is probably not a good idea to be honest.
You could accept what the naptha picks up as your end yield or you can use a heavier non-polar solvent like xylene or d-limonene to wash the goo then use either vinegar, FASA or FASW to salt the DMT-products out and separate it from the impurities.

Good luck!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

spice_girl
#3 Posted : 3/5/2011 11:02:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks man so much thats exactly what was going on. I really appreciate it...
just got one other question for you if you dont mind.
What can I change about my tek so this doesnt happen again in future extractions?
Thanks so much for your help! Smile

MelCat
#4 Posted : 3/5/2011 11:30:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest, that yellow goop is good stuff from my experience. A re-x would help separate the two but it's not really required. I prefer to use Bestine brand heptane for re-x's.

If you want cleaner crystals in the future, I'd recommend switching to an A/B extraction instead of a STB. When you base the actual plant material with NaOH it definitely tends to pull a lot more fats, oils and oxides. When you base the filtered vinegar solution, you use a LOT less lye and end up with a much cleaner product in the end.

Something else that lends to a cleaner product is to keep the heat down to a minimum. So if you choose to do another STB in the future, make sure you give the lye solution plenty of time to cool off before adding the MHRB powder. The hotter the solution gets = the more stuff you pull.

Me personally, I like to do some naptha pulls to begin with, and as q21 suggested, I follow that up with hot xylene pulls to get as much of the oils, oxides and fats as possible. I then clean that up with alcohol and then finally re-x with heptane. I end up with a lot of different kinds of dmt ranging from beautiful white crystals to brown, orange and reddish waxy stuff.

Congrats on your extraction, and welcome to the Nexus!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

q21q21
#5 Posted : 3/5/2011 11:52:43 PM

SWIM

Ya, doing an A/B would definitely help.

While SWIM has not extracted with lye for a while, pretty sure that just adding a splash of vinegar and some hot water to the MHRB and letting it soak for an hour or more before adding the lye would make the extraction take much shorter cause having the hot-acidic water dissolve the DMT away from the bark and into the water tends makes the PH needed much lower so only a few grams of lye will be needed, much lower PH and as a result there will be much less gunk in the brew and thus less gunk in the naptha.

Boiling the bark and separating the bark from the brew is done in most A/B but in a limetek it isn't needed, it's likely it would be the same with Lye... but of course lime is different. SWIM has found it doesn't work unless the plant matter is present, lye does not need the plant matter.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

spice_girl
#6 Posted : 3/6/2011 2:46:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright well thanks you both so much for the help.
I really do appreciate it Very happy

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 3/8/2011 12:15:29 AM

John Murdoch IV

Might be DMT n-oxide.
Mix it with some herbs like mint leaves and smoke it. It's good.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

DeMenTed
#8 Posted : 3/8/2011 1:45:09 AM

Barry

n-oxide is amazing!!

spice_girl
#9 Posted : 3/8/2011 6:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Might be DMT n-oxide.
Mix it with some herbs like mint leaves and smoke it. It's good.

yeah thats what i was thinking it was from the beginning so we did do that ...and i dont know if it was good or not like it was just this really weird feeling and the visuals were weird, usually on spice i can close my eyes and see a whole spectrum of different colors and odd shapes but when I did this n-oxide [if thats even what it was] it was like I would close my eyes and see kinda like these strange pictures and I had this really different body high..and I mean I know its spice and spice is a very strange substance but to me it did not seem anything close to the spice i am use to doing.
yellow spice is definitely the way to go for me

is that n-oxide a lot weaker then regular spice? because I definitely did not breakthrough and neither did the person I was doing it with.

Smile

endlessness
#10 Posted : 3/8/2011 7:16:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think its n-oxide, I think its probably just plant oils as impurities + your dmt.

N-oxide shouldnt be soluble in naphtha in the first place, so how would it have gotten there?

And yeah considering its impure dmt, its logical that it would be less potent.. How about recrystallizing half your batch and then comparing the product?

BTW, whats your method of smoking?

spice_girl
#11 Posted : 3/8/2011 7:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I dont think its n-oxide, I think its probably just plant oils as impurities + your dmt.

N-oxide shouldnt be soluble in naphtha in the first place, so how would it have gotten there?

And yeah considering its impure dmt, its logical that it would be less potent.. How about recrystallizing half your batch and then comparing the product?

BTW, whats your method of smoking?

yeah we did do a recrystal but havent tried it yet..doing it tonight but the recrystal looks like real spice instead of that dirty stuff...so hopefully it will better...
i just sandwich it between 2 layers of herb in a regular glass tobacco pipe

spice_girl
#12 Posted : 3/8/2011 10:11:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
You could try putting the goo in the fridge for a few days. If it is mostly dmt, it may crystalize by itself.

yeah its all good now but when it was all goo we did that and it would just harden the goo more and then it would cool down and be a big mess again...i dont know it was just all a big mess until we rewashed it a few times and recrystalized it.

Smile

LandOfOz
#13 Posted : 3/9/2011 1:16:22 AM

Oz

look in the advanced forum. we have nearly beaten this to death there.