We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
You are what You eat ,U R yOur LifE Options

mindash
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 1:05:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Helo Nexians i would like to bring to attention something that is an invaluable lesson to be learned and life saving should one ever overdo things.

in the past i have done horrible things to my body which others should never do and i do not condone (nor condemn but use common sense)and it has left me in some very unhealthy and risky situations. i've since stopped trying to prove something to myself and have begun a long hard but awesome road to healing based on diet, exercise, exposure to elements within reason, and very importantly a healthy relationship with my local community namely in having at least 3 jobs lined up for spring and about to be going to drop off an application for another momentarily. Let me get to my point.

The human body is surprisingly resilient and unbelievably fragile and there is a fine harmony one should try to find in their lifestyle to promote
efficiency with minimal damage. Damage in the right low amounts can be a great tool for strengthening one in many ways example would be how one gets the chicken pox to become immune from it most often (not saying you should go out and catch aids and try to beat it, that would prob suck alot more)a practical example would be im usually very prone to being cold so to compensate ive been walking around in shorts in 35-45 degree weather not to the degree of fetching a deadly sickness but enough to get a small chest cold which just ended after only 3 days.

Also your body tends to tell you what it needs through cravings smell and especially color, for example if one is jaundice then the best foods to eat are generally yellow, examples being the meat of the avocado which is amazing for your live, dandelion root, edible marigold, honey, and flax seed oil, all yellow all liver tonics. im not saying this is a life saving miracle but if one notices such and cant get to the doctor right away use common sense if it seems an emergency and with some imagination understand how your body communicates with its mind

i apologize partially for glorifying my irresponsible drug use that could have killed me many times over and now realize why such things shouldnt be spoken of in a glorifying or even deceivingly glorifying manner. what i do hope to do with time if allowed by the powers that be in this community is to explore the possibilities of healing oneself through a change in lifestyle diet exercise and both interpersonal relations as well as relationship one has to ones self

i've always had a bit of a problem organizing my thoughts so please i ask simply for now if anyone has any health issues (keeping in mind i am not a certified nutritionist nor doctor) not so i can act as a person who has some kind of crazy healing power but hopefully to start a topic which can help us all learn to heal ourselves to the best of our natural potential.

ill start with a very simple idea to end this post. i realized every winter that i was experiencing serious mental and physical health issues. after some time and study of my own lineage namely being pale as can be due to my ancestors experiencing specific environmental effects which made something click in my head, why not start taking vitamin D-3 which is primarily gained from sun exposure and responsible for pigmentation. to my surprise i found that it also had a major effects (along with other dietary variables in conjunction) alleviating my depression, giving me energy to go out and get multiple jobs as well as exercise and overall i feel healthy for once. my drug addiction issues have cleared up aside form nicotine entirely, i have cut back on smoking quite a bit and i also lost 10 pounds of fat then within a week of a high protein diet and daily exercise in the form of walking hiking and some upper body workouts and overall stretching and put back on 15 pounds of lean muscle. i say this not to give you the impression that im gloating on my own health im simply stating it since i cant show you in person the example ive set on myself and only so you all might know that there is hope to heal from the ASH's of yesterday "AllShallHeal" i hope you may gain from this not simply to better yourselves but my biggest goal is that it may Inspire Inspiration to a better nOw/mOment. i love you all Nexians and once again i am (only partially) sorry for any concerns and stress i may have put on some or through being irresponsible and risking bringing unwanted attention to the community. with that said i await whatever is to come and please please PleasE rEmEmbEr
Clarity of the mind
Passion of the Heart
Infinity of the sOul
Awareness of the Bodies needs
and most importantly... Adaptation and Integration of all of the aforementioned

GeoALexm!nd0SH

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

aetherbound
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:54:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very good news Brother and your great attitude makes me happy....

Namaste
Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

Garfield
#3 Posted : 3/5/2011 3:06:20 AM
Sascha

Dear mindash,

you made some very good points here.
I would like to add something, you only mentioned somewhat briefly: the smell of our food.

Since my digestive system is bit sensitive, I started about 25 years ago to smell on nearly everything before I ingested it. This helped me a lot to avoid unhealthy/rotten food. To make this point clear, in many incidences other persons have eaten the stuff which my body "pushed away", without having any problems what so ever. When they smelled the particular food they had no negative impression.
In some cases I ignored my impuls "not to eat" and I always ended up with abdominal pain or colic type intestinal cramps.

Later on as I´ve been more and more engaged with concepts about healthy food, I stumbled across instinctive raw food diet.
The people following that diet are using always their sense of smell to select what their body wants to eat. So I extended, my smelling behavior in terms of looking for very attractive smells and it works great for me.
I´m far away of being a raw food person, but I love to eat raw food. My diet is vegetarian with fish in addition. (I love sushi Very happy ) But even there I´m not strict, it happens one or two times a year, when I come across some yummy smelling meat I´m eating that too.

To close that circle, our sense of smell is the most direct sense we have. There are nearly no filters in our brain to modify our impressions regarding smell.
But there is a deception, regarding processed food specially when it´s not home cooked, it can irritate our sense because of flavoring particularly when it comes to artificial flavors.
Use your senses! Therfor we have them!

In Lak´ech
Garfield
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman

mindash
#4 Posted : 3/5/2011 4:57:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you aether. and garfield you bring out a very good point.

our sense of smell as most other creatures developed to both detect predators as well as food and other things came along as well eventually , example finding a mate by scent. they say our sense of smell is the sense most tied to memory. on a side note if your having digestion issues i recommend blueberry Greek yogurt for both its antioxidant qualities as well as the probiotics in the yogurt etc. after my ibogaine treatment i couldn't digest almost anything because mine had been reset entirely, i compensated by eating alot of yogurt and only bananas for about 3 days. that was about 2 weeks ago and im already back to eating t-bone steak extra rare (i like a lil cooking it tends to conserve energy but dont quote me on it as something absolute) drinking raw eggs, eating mostly fresh produce. tho in the early morning i will more often than i use to stop for some fast food or pref at the local greasy diner but thats what seems to work best for me in the morning. i have supplements and other food to compensate the negative effects of such things and the key is to not overdo it. dose and frequency is the key to it all and that applies to not just drugs and food but alot of things in life ive come to find.

back to the sense of smell (smoked some green so bare with my rambling more present in this response ) considering that it developed in such a way that it could differentiate predators from food, poisons, disease, internal toxicity even, when iboga pushed all of the toxins out of my system i smelled RANCID but that was only the first time,since then ive been on a very big health roll especially in terms of diet and throughout the 2 week iboga treatment i recently went through every time i would do it i smelled cleaner inside and out. so i guess the question would be first why not trust your nose when it comes to produce meat even mates and how do we train our nose to become fooled by processed foods. (i still eat them but its a fine balancing act by compensating with other variables such as food environmental ect)

anymore to add or anyone else care to?

lets keep this journey of discovery rollin

mindash
#5 Posted : 3/5/2011 5:06:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awsome sig qoutes u 2 btw

Dorge
#6 Posted : 3/5/2011 5:32:35 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

This is interesting...
http://www.bioregionalan...rom-land-up-you-are.html
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

hydrocarbon
#7 Posted : 3/5/2011 8:12:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that I have serious mouth-watering cravings for fresh veggies and fruit during the day if I forget to take my multi-vit in the morning. For sure, our natural impulses are effective indicators of what our body needs to eat. Just be careful not to confuse it with modern concentrated nutrients like sugar and oil, as the body will start to crave these more dense sources.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 3/5/2011 8:35:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mindash, i'm so very happy to read this Very happy
I knew the day would come and that you are on a path. I agree with you, that we have to look for signals of the body. The hard thing is to tell real cravings from those created by sickness/addiction. That's whats so sad about processed food - it kinda disturbs the natural rythm of the body by creating false signals. Supermarket Food = addictive drugs. Since my first mushroom experienes i believe that everything we put into our tummys directly influences our "brain". I recently found this train of thought in the writings of Robert Anton Wilson, who refers to every food as "psychedelic". I believe that this is also why, diet an influence onces experience with mindbenders..but only because the act like a lens.

I can only offer you my experience as validation, to help you living a sustainable life.
Thank you for sharing this with us Smile

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 3/5/2011 10:38:58 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

agreed.
i can walk in the mountains(hardcore mountains) for 4 days without food or water or sleep with no real major bad effect.
a while ago missing 1 days sleep would almost kill me - now it takes 3 before i even get tired and start hallucinating - i noticed that i dont eat or drink when i sleep fast - then i read about humans not lasting past 3 days without water - bullshit !!! never heard such lies - i could easy go for a week without consuming a thing - just takes practice i guess - been innoculated against hunger/thirst/sleep - woot!
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

mindash
#10 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:38:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you

in regards to the human body and preconceived notions of mortality the key to take into consideration with anything is dose, frequency and starting low n slow. if i decided to go out in the winter in shorts 2 months ago id have the flu or worse by now, but after some indoor exercise, alot of nutrients in easily digestible forms alternating with raw veggies and rare steak/meat, and then slowly going through outdoor exposure in steps has me able to go out in shorts with a small cold and have it kicked, granted i still wear a jacket and hat but thats how steps work. as for sleep deprivation i have a seemingly high endurance level for it myself so i know its possible. i once had to move a friends mother across the state of pennsylvania from a second floor to a second floor with only 1 person and driving an 800 mile uhaul trip with 3 days without sleep. he was going to drive but was inexperienced. after we left his mothers he got into a fender bender and luckily the guy didnt have insurance and the damage was just a headlight. i was gonna sleep on the ride back but i felt more secure staying up and driving. after about 6-9 days then things get a bit rough for me. as for less water needed as long as you have the right ratio of unprocessed salt in your system or maybe even refined idk but it should help retain water for days longer than you need it. just one survival tool to have on mind. still waking up ill check back later