We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Confusa, the New MHRB? Options

Seraph
#1 Posted : 3/4/2011 8:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UK MHRB vendors are not selling MHRB anymore, is this happening everywhere in the world? Would acacia confusa be the best replacement? What is n-methyltryptamine like, does it have psychoactive effects and how can it be separated from DMT?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Madcap
#2 Posted : 3/4/2011 8:50:18 PM

illudium Q-36

I feel like this may not be the correct forum for the question.

But, a while back NMT was discussed as the main alkaloid in mimosa pudica. I believe the kemist brought it up.

I believe the effects are lackluster when compared to elf spice...but that it is active.

I think when Jorkest did his grass test he thought he may have gotten MNT.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/4/2011 8:51:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have never extracted from acacia, maybe someone else will chime in on that...

What I can say is that, first of all, NMT is also present in mimosa (see for example burnt's tests), and in white spice pulled with naphtha and recrystallized, or similar only has 2% impurities, basically NMT. If you check our WIKI, you see NMT's xlogp being lower than dmt, and just a bit higher than dmt n-oxide. Considering n-oxide isnt very soluble in aliphatic naphtha/heptane/hexane, it is a sign that NMT is probably also not too soluble in these solvents. Though this is not fool-proof way to tell, sometimes there are exceptions, only testing with pure NMT would tell.

Shulgin says it doesnt seem very active but then again from what he says its neither conclusive. Also one thing is activity by itself, another thing is using it together with another alkaloid, pharmacology can change.

If you do extract from acacia confusa, let us know the results!