We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
m Options

FetusFries
#1 Posted : 9/15/2008 1:03:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

m
Everything I say is purely fictional and not meant to be taken seriously, I am a pathological liar seeking attention.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ChemicalEudaemonia
#2 Posted : 9/15/2008 1:21:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! Very happy Glass blowing seems like a real handy skill to learn - you can make all the pipes and equipment you'd ever need.

Thanks for showing us

Darkbb
#3 Posted : 9/15/2008 1:33:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much. I'm gonna have to make my own pipe pretty soon i'm tired of using a light bulb.

BTW Couldn't one use any tipe of glass tube with only 1 open end and round at the end with the bubble. For example a standard test tube found in a labratory. I have access to these test tubes but was wondering if they would work the same?

Also when a person would go to smoke spice or any other base or w/e out of one of these pipes wont the smoke roll out of the hole that you have made

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 9/15/2008 3:58:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have seen a picture of a base pipe on the internet and it had the whole but stuck inside the whole was a triangle-ish-spherish type thing that blocked the smoke from leaving it was very nice looking.

intense_cutn
#5 Posted : 10/2/2008 10:11:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

awesome tek man, i do think it would be easier with the rounded end of a test tube though.

moracca
#6 Posted : 10/9/2008 3:40:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome tek man, I never really thought of blowing my own... I always thought it took more sophisticated equipment like a torch specifically made for that or something. very cool!

moracca
#7 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:51:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I perused through walmart today looking for a suitable alternative for the tube, and didn't find much. Most things are cheap plastic nowadays... I don't happen to have any test tubes lying around either, so if anyone has any novel suggestions, let us know Smile

moracca
#8 Posted : 10/12/2008 2:46:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm... so I found something sort of similar to yours, but I dont think its quite the same. I have a few questions... How thick was the base of the tube? Mine has like a 1/2 inch layer of glass at the bottom... I think that might be whats keeping mine from getting red hot. How long would you normally have to hold it over the flame? Also, what do you use to hold it while you are heating? the glass gets really hot, and I can't see putting my mouth on it to blow it if its that hot. Do you have some sort of tube attachment?

moracca
#9 Posted : 10/16/2008 9:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

any updates to the tek, FetusFries? :-D

FetusFries
#10 Posted : 10/23/2008 7:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no updates i have a video though but its horrible so i have to get it from my friends camera and do some editing or throw it away depending on how it is.

that glass is way to thick, I have never used tubing even on a 3 inch bong piece, if you're worried about the heat (it only gets a little warm at the mouth piece) put some tape around it. it shouldnt take more that 30 seconds to get red hot all the way around.

just go to the cigerette store and get one of thoose incense tubes they will work for sure.

---

anyone have luck with the test tubes??
Everything I say is purely fictional and not meant to be taken seriously, I am a pathological liar seeking attention.

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 10/24/2008 10:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

How hard would it be to put a hole in a small, long-necked liquor bottle. Let's say a hole near the top of the body and the bottom of the neck. Then how hard would it be to insert a glass medicine dropper into that hole and seal the hole around the dropper.

Why SWIM asks this is that SWIM would like to make a bubbler--meaning of course that the dropper nozzle would have to descend to somewhere near the base. The dropper would either pre-loaded like this with copper mesh and a spring, or would be loaded like that after the fact. The bottle may also require a carb to be melted somewhere, as well.

SWIM has no experience with glass blowing but was thinking that once the hole itself was large enough, it could simply be heated immediately before inserting the dropper and would then weld to the dropper tube.

SWIM does not have a propane torch but would strongly consider buying one if a method like this could be proven reasonably viable.

DeadLizard
#12 Posted : 10/30/2008 1:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome tek FetusFries. I saw that picture and thought "Holy crap I have one of those vials around here somewhere"
And as it turns out it was directly behind my keyboard Laughing It's almost half the size so may not be too useful but at least I can give this a shot Very happy

Also, it fits in very well with the D.I.Y nature of DMT Pleased

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

FetusFries
#13 Posted : 11/1/2008 7:43:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

try covering the mouthpiece with some tape so it doesn't get too hot.

lowjackal
#14 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:41:40 AM

PuddinTane

Yes excellently worded and pictorialized. What you've shown us here is methpipe 101. American seekers of the tube look in your convenience stores right at the counter or near it. Sold as air fresheners. Yes most glass cigar tubes will work similarly well only they'll last alot less time and they cant take too much heat, or heat shifts very well.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

Nanaki
#15 Posted : 12/7/2008 2:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One way to remove labels from glass is to soak it in water for about an hour or so, and the label then comes off quiet easily.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Nanaki
#16 Posted : 12/7/2008 2:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can someone tell me what the benefit of the bubble at the end is? I have a standard test tube. Couldn't you just put spice in that and use it like that?
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

lowjackal
#17 Posted : 12/12/2008 4:21:19 AM

PuddinTane

without said bubble the glass is too thick and does'nt diperse the heat very efficiently. The thickness once blown like it showed lets a standard lighter heat the outside of the bubble (bowl) with only a 2 to 5 second time lapse before it smokes and requires to more heat after 10 seconds or so. Without the bubble , it'd be 10 to 15 seconds before you'd see any smoke and it'd burn up the stuff in the bowl for 10 to 15 seconds after you stopped wanting it to be smoking. Making it a poor heat conductor unblown I suppose.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote