We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Need Scientific Articles on Salvia to help Stop the Proposed Canadian Ban! Options

Apoc
#21 Posted : 2/24/2011 11:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tropical wrote:
DING DING DING. i was jsut searching through teh govs site to look for otehr peopel to email my letter to and raninto the minsiter of healths page....this sounds like a good person to also forward your letter to. i doubt she will ever read them, but maybe if she gets enough. call me racist, but whenever i have a chace to have hope in some good decisions i always opt for native over white when it comes to government policy as everyone is scarred to offend the red man in our house of the almighty governemnt lol. heres to hoping.

hxxp://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/minist/index-eng.php

I can certainly try, though I'm not sure why this person is a better choice to mail over anyone else. It's Health Canada that has proposed the scheduling of Salvia, and that woman is the minster of Health Canada. She may have played an integral part in proposing the ban. Are you saying a letter to her should be worded differently? In my letter, I think I will draw attention to the fact that Native Americans (all of North America), have traditionally used plants, such as Peyote, and including Salvia divinorum, for spiritual and/or religious purposes. The plant Peyote is specifically exempt from Canada's controlled substance list, although mescaline is a controlled substance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote#Canada

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Apoc
#22 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a very recent study done by Dr. Matthew Johnson (Johns Hopkins Medical School). Here's a an NPR radio interview which discusses some of the findings, http://www.npr.org/2011/...ent-As-Medical-Treatment I would like to find the actual study itself, and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen it? The radio talk covers a lot of points I want to make, but is not quite as specific as I would like to be, and I'm sure the study itself covers the specifics.

There are also plenty of articles out there written about this study, but they are contaminated with absrud commentary by the news writers, making comments such as, "salvirnorin is similar to marijuana". I would really like to find the study itself. Thanks.

Entropymancer
#23 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Ask and ye shall recieve

Smile

Looks like it also includes a summary of the most relevant results of previous animal studies on the drug. The only part of his summary I disagree with is the repeated claim that it has been used by Mazatec shamans for "at least hundreds of years"; in fact we can only conclusively place its use back about a century; anything further in the past than that is simply speculation.

Apoc
#24 Posted : 2/25/2011 6:11:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent, thanks mate.

DoctorMantus
#25 Posted : 3/3/2011 5:21:41 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

not an article but maybe some words of wisdom from Terence.

The process begins by declaring legitimate what we have denied for so long. Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

PREV12