We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT Suspects Will Serve Three-Year Probation Options

TrustLoveMan
#21 Posted : 2/14/2011 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How did these kids get caught? Were they being stupid?
If they only made one gram, AND it was the first time, that's pretty scary. Were they sold out by their friends, or by vendors? I doubt I'll ever make DMT in my residence again. Take it to a friends house, just in case!
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wave Rider
#22 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:52:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A dorm room is a pretty stupid place indeed.

I too, wonder how they were caught. I also wonder to what degree the feds are actively enforcing DMT related "crimes"? Obviously, being smart about it is a no-brainer for most of us, but what other steps can we take? Is there a thread discussing our legal rights, i.e. forced entry, warrants, searches, when to lawyer up, what to say, what not to say, what the police are legally allowed to do...etc? Maybe someone who is knowledgeable in these matters should start one? I am 100% against the sale of the molecule, but I would like to know what I can do to protect my personal use, so I can... you know... stay out of prison, aside from the usual 'being smart' about it.

I also had an IP address conflict the other day. I didn't think much about it, but now I am worried. Is there a way I can find what it is? It said that another computer on my network had the same IP address. I only have one computer. ??? Weird. Paranoia?

I don't mean to highjack the thread, but could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million

WR

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

Malaclypse
#23 Posted : 2/15/2011 12:16:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are normal malfunctions in routers that can cause IP address conflicts. Try not to get too paranoid Smile. Of course be safe.

If I remember right from the earlier threads it was from smells people reported:
Yup. Just did a search

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=16468

http://www.washingtonpos...23/AR2010102302423.html

Edit: Woops I read too quickly. Wasn't fumes.

http://www.thegeorgetown...niv-after-drug-lab-bust

"The press first wrongly reported that a meth lab was in the dorm. They also incorrectly said that the lab was discovered after someone smelled fumes.

According to The Washington Post, a campus police officer thought he saw a student smoking marijuana outside of Harbin Hall early Saturday. The substance was actually "K2," a legal "synthetic marijauna" made of green leaves sprayed with chemicals.

The K2 smoker led the officer to his source in room 926. Authorities got a warrant to search the room, where they say they found the chemicals to make DMT and five small pill capsules containing suspected DMT."

TrustLoveMan
#24 Posted : 2/15/2011 12:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
There are normal malfunctions in routers that can cause IP address conflicts. Try not to get too paranoid Smile. Of course be safe.

If I remember right from the earlier threads it was from smells people reported:
Yup. Just did a search

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=16468

http://www.washingtonpos...23/AR2010102302423.html

Edit: Woops I read too quickly. Wasn't fumes.

http://www.thegeorgetown...niv-after-drug-lab-bust

"The press first wrongly reported that a meth lab was in the dorm. They also incorrectly said that the lab was discovered after someone smelled fumes.

According to The Washington Post, a campus police officer thought he saw a student smoking marijuana outside of Harbin Hall early Saturday. The substance was actually "K2," a legal "synthetic marijauna" made of green leaves sprayed with chemicals.

The K2 smoker led the officer to his source in room 926. Authorities got a warrant to search the room, where they say they found the chemicals to make DMT and five small pill capsules containing suspected DMT."

DAM! I used to sell legal bud, when it was legal. But that could have easily led to...
I understand the meth lab thing, if you're doing it with glass.

Apoc
#25 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lavos wrote:
autophagia wrote:
I wonder how it exactly came to the attention of the authorities, while it is extremely stupid to manufacture DMT in a dorm room, perhaps that wasn't the whole reason to why they got caught. I don't want to sound too paranoid, but perhaps the authorities were monitoring their online purchasing habits. Does anyone have more information on this?

This can easily happen. Not sure why it happened to me, but it did. Within a week of extracting I had a strange new friend around. 3 days later I dumped him and my goods. I had been having inconsistencies with my internet connection, but didn't think of it immediately. After avoiding this guy, I caught an ip address that kept showing and reverse looked it up. The ISP was not a commons one, and the location fit the background of my new friend. They don't need a great reason to monitor you.

Really sucks to live around these wolves, our world leaders, none of whom acknowledge the immense potential for human race development contained in these chemicals. We must remember our position daily to stay safe.

can you explain further please? This week I have been getting a message that says another computer is using the same ip address, and this accompanies internet going down. I have never had this message before. You say it could have something to do with people spying on you?

What do you mean when you say you had a strange new friend around and then you dumped him? What do you mean when you say you caught an ip address that kept showing up and reverse looked it up. How do you do that?

TrustLoveMan
#26 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:38:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are that paranoid, download some freeware like Avg and Peerblock. You can get a utility to "shred" documents and they won't show up if you get raided.
I wonder if the police are working with the big internet providers. I think they have only gotten to smaller ones, but I could be wrong.

Apoc
#27 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:43:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TrustLoveMan wrote:
If you are that paranoid, download some freeware like Avg and Peerblock. You can get a utility to "shred" documents and they won't show up if you get raided.
I wonder if the police are working with the big internet providers. I think they have only gotten to smaller ones, but I could be wrong.

cool cool. I don't know if I'm so much worried about if police are spying, I'd just like to know what Lavos is talking about when he says he's reverse looking up some friend, and the friend wasn't local. What's all this?

Lavos
#28 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:48:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ehh, let's see, it's been a few months, so not exactly sure on all the details. I would know if it was happening again, let me try to explain in more depth.

Hmm, another PC is using the same ip address as you? Either someone tapping your connection to gain access, or, who knows what else it could be. On the less paranoid side maybe a ISP error, where they could have double assigned your ip, ie, giving it to someone else. If your internet goes down immediately afterward I would suspect something malicious, but might not.

In my case, I would click to go somewhere, or enter a url, and a lot of the times, especially on 'borderline' sites like this and shroomery, I would get a connection error message, and I'd get a white screen with a choice to continue or cancel. At first I just ignored it and continued. Then over the days I realized this message never came up on 'normal' news and blog websites.

The first day that I had spice I met a new person in my neighborhood, he was bouncing a basketball. Next thing I know we are discussing the pros of psychedelics and I think nothing of it. The very next day we hung out a few hours (and we traded some drugs), and that night I started becoming very suspicious. Some inconsistencies in his manner, his background. I called him out about it, asked him if he was LE, and he said no. I ended up walking away telling myself "no, no no no" shit. I knew something was bad.

Back at home I reviewed myself and my actions. Realized that maybe the weird messages I had gotten on the internet had something to do with his showing up. I ran around these sites, and kept getting sent to these blank pages asking me to click to continue. If you watch your bottom 'loading' bar, that says 'Done' on a still page, it cycles all kind of shit up when you cruise on some sites, like java ads or cookies or whatever. Well I noticed this one ip (7 digit number?) kept showing up. I just happened to randomly search for 'reverse ip lookup', and in a matter of minutes had found a free service. The ip went back to scranton penn. I am under the impression that they have continuing ed for LE up there. The person I met had a mixed background there.

What's bothersome about this is 2 things, one, I believe my street might have been setup for this before hand, as in, they were rewiring a lot of the cable, and I had sources telling me that it had become common to see 4+ squad cars leaving back of street at 4-5am. The other is that I was not talking a bunch of shit, no sales, no trades, just reading STB teks and looking at suppliers. I ordered 1kg. I'm not sure what caught their attention.

If I were you I'd just call my service provider and explain to them what is happening. I tried when I had my problem, and they couldn't say a lot.

At the very least do use Tor, it can help, with even one layer of protection.

edit: you might think I'm paranoid, I could list all the signs that set this guy apart, but the fact is, after one day, I was caught in a web of wtf's about this person, his behavior, and what occured. I got very lucky. Too stupid to think for myself up front, every spid-ey sense rang that night, as he made probably many rookie mistakes. I'm safe for now, hopefully it will stay that way.

And of course, the above was likely dreamed up like so many other parts of my life here. Wink
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

Mercury_Hg
#29 Posted : 2/15/2011 8:01:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
It's a bad thing that these two humans are getting so much trouble over something so trivial.

On the light side though, this made me smile:
www.thehoya.com wrote:
On Friday, the two sides passed a joint
Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I'm still altered from my last DMT trip. I read it the same exact way, had to start the sentence over Very happy.
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

Heretic
#30 Posted : 3/2/2011 8:20:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really think they got off lucky, and the media downplayed the entire situation. They could have spent ten years in prison for manufacturing a controlled substance with intent to distribute and the media could have easily made the 100 grams bark they had look like 100 grams dmt instead. Let's hope future dmt seizures are downplayed in a similar manner.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

PREV12