We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings and salutations! Options

Frontis
#1 Posted : 2/28/2011 1:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I’m the kind of person where my curiosity usually gets the best of me. With that being said, I was surprised to have found myself at this site one day, quite by accident. I can’t recall what I was searching for that lead me here, though I quickly became interested in DMT after browsing this site and reading more about it. Its extraction, effects, pharmacology, the incredible breakthroughs people seem to achieve while using it, was something that quickly took hold of me. So, I dove into the wealth of knowledge available on this site with relish.So, after a week or two of reading many different extraction techniques, I joined the community with the intent of interacting with some fellow hyperspace travelers Smile

Anyway, a quick bit about me. I’m 23 years old and just graduated a Canadian university with a double major in Pharmacology and Genetics. I’ve always been a scientist at heart and this definitely contributed to my interest in DMT and other fascinating compounds. I’ve had the pleasure of reading about a bunch of other substances I’ve never heard of, which I most certainly plan on learning more about in the future.

Not sure what else to add! I think it better to keep this short and sweet Razz

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good travels to you!

- Frontis

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BerryRight
#2 Posted : 2/28/2011 1:57:46 PM

If they ban it, it has to be good!

Welkom m8. scientists are always welkom!
The difference between knowing the path and walking the path..

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/28/2011 2:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im sure your scientific knowledge will be very useful for us here, and that you'll continue learning a lot participating in this community (I know at least personally I never stop learning here).

You say reading stuff here made you more interested in these substances, but did you try any psychedelics yet or had any contact with them somehow? What about extractions?

Frontis
#4 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ endlessness,

Thanks for the welcome. I've never tried any psychedelics, nor have I had any contact with them. So yeah, mostly straight and narrow with respect to substances. Only alcohol, really.

I had no experience extracting anything from plant matter/seeds/etc. The only lab experience I have comes from genetics labs (the techniques of which aren't applicable to extractions) and second year organic chemistry labs haha.

A friend of mine, SWIM, recently performed his first DMT extraction, which I've posted for him in the General Extractions Help subforum.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 3/1/2011 7:44:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Frontis wrote:
. I’ve had the pleasure of reading about a bunch of other substances I’ve never heard of, which I most certainly plan on learning more about in the future.

- Frontis

Do you think that includes using them?

Welcome to the Nexus
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Frontis
#6 Posted : 3/2/2011 12:25:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:

Welcome to the Nexus

It would depend on the substance. I find the idea of altered consciousness fascinating, though I'm always going to err on the side of caution no matter the substance. By that I mean not using frivolously or without doing my homework on possible side effects.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 3/2/2011 12:44:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Frontis wrote:
Ice House wrote:

Welcome to the Nexus

It would depend on the substance. I find the idea of altered consciousness fascinating, though I'm always going to err on the side of caution no matter the substance. By that I mean not using frivolously or without doing my homework on possible side effects.

Great answer.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.