We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Movie bin Options

justine
#61 Posted : 10/23/2010 2:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A few great french movies :

Je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas (Don't Worry, I'm Fine)

Quote:
Back from a holiday in Spain, Lili, 19, finds that Loïc, her twin brother, has left the house following a row with their father. She disapproves of her parents' apparently light attitude and is particularly shocked by her father's reluctance to even talk about the event. Lili desperately waits for a phone call from Loïc but her brother shows no sign of life. It is not long before Lili falls into depression and her condition quickly deteriorates. She won't eat anymore and is about to die when, at long last, a postcard written and sent by Loïc brings her back to life...

Deux jours à tuer (Love me no more)

Quote:
Antoine Méliot is around 40 years old and has everything he needs to be happy: a beautiful wife, two adorable children, friends he can count on, a pretty house in the Yvelines and money. But one day he decides to ruin everything in one weekend.

Lemming

Quote:
After the death of his boss's wife, a young engineer faces the sudden psychological metamorphosis of his own wife, seemingly possessed by the soul of the deceased...

De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté (The Beat That My Heart Skipped)

Quote:
Twenty-eight-year-old Tom leads a life that might be termed as criminal. In doing so, he follows in the footsteps of his father, who made his money from dirty, and sometimes brutal, real estate deals. Tom is a pretty hard-boiled guy but also strangely considerate as far as his father is concerned. Somehow he appears to have arrived at a critical juncture in his life when a chance encounter prompts him to take up the piano and become a concert pianist, like his mother. He senses that this might be his final opportunity to take back his life. His piano teacher is a Chinese piano virtuoso who has recently come to live in France. She doesn't speak a lick of French so music becomes the only language they have in common. Before long, Jacques' bid to be a better person means that he begins to yearn for true love. But, when he finally has the chance of winning his best friend's wife, his passion only succeeds in scaring her. And then, one day, his dubious past comes to light...

Léon

Quote:
Professional assassin Leon reluctantly takes care of 12-year-old Mathilda, a neighbor whose parents are killed, and teaches her his trade.

C'est arrivé près de chez vous (Man Bites Dog)

Quote:
A camera crew follows a serial killer/thief around as he exercises his craft. He expounds on art, music, nature, society, and life as he offs mailmen, pensioners, and random people. Slowly he begins involving the camera crew in his activities, and they begin wondering if what they're doing is such a good idea, particularly when the killer kills a rival and the rival's brother sends a threatening letter.

Le dîner de cons (The Dinner Game)

Quote:
Each week, Pierre and his friends organize what is called as "un dîner de cons". Everyone brings the dumbest guy he could find as a guest. Pierre thinks his champ -François Pignon- will steal the show.

Nikita (La femme Nikita)

Quote:
Convicted felon Nikita, instead of going to jail, is given a new identity and trained, stylishly, as a top secret spy/assassin.

To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dimitrius
#62 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great animated movie:

Give it a try. It's very visually appealing.

It's on Netflix 'Instant Watch' under 'New Arrivals'.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Phantastica
#63 Posted : 10/23/2010 6:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that looks like a very awesome movie Dimitrius, thanks!! downloading nowVery happy
<3

universecannon
#64 Posted : 10/25/2010 1:55:23 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

any Ace Ventura is a classic

manifesting the mind was a nice lil psychedelic documentary produced by BBB. Theres a free download link on that discussion page

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jblazingnataraja
#65 Posted : 10/25/2010 7:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbsucker was pretty good viewing for yesterday.

Lucia Y el sexo (Sex & Lucia) - quirky as hell - one of my favourite films ever - just SEE IT, I can't say anything more.

Hablar Con Ella (talk to her) - continuing with the Spanish theme, bunch of diamonds in the rough here in the this story.

Science Of Sleep - this is in English, French & Spanish - one of the weirdest and most strangely sentimental films I have ever seen, truly great portrayal of the stream of consciousness we all have to decipher, showing that for some, it's a lot harder than most.

I look into the world, wherein there shines the sun...

Astralking
#66 Posted : 10/25/2010 7:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead mans shoes. Very good low budget english film. I love it.

Can't think of many films off the top of my head for some reason! Even though i've seen far too many as it is! Ha.
Astralking attached the following image(s):
dead mans shoes.jpg (10kb) downloaded 616 time(s).
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

zubidlo
#67 Posted : 10/26/2010 7:31:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last time I cried :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428870/

another great Korean movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWtiC1JFRnE
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

Mindlusion
#68 Posted : 12/6/2010 11:12:50 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

[quote=amor_fati]The Road

Hmm, Im actually reading that book, no idea it was made a movie
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

tele
#69 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:49:18 PM
Explorer

Just watched the movie "contact" with jodie foster, and it's incredible how they build this gigantic "hyperspace machine" that was planned by the aliens that results in a trip for Jodie that's somewhat similar to DMT. Just makes you think how this access to this space is only a fantasy for the masses, when you actually have access to it through DMT.

The_Shaman
#70 Posted : 2/11/2011 5:04:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone ever see " Kings with straw mats " 1998 narrated by Ira Cohen. It is a documentary of the Kumbh Mela , the gathering of Sadhu's every 12 years in India, millions of naked holy men gather in the streets smoking chillums , singing , dancing and performing wondrous and ridiculous acts of devotion like picking up boulders with their testicles, it is disturbing and fascinating, inspiring and shocking. In one scene , a holy man who has held his hand up in the air continuously for like 12 years is shown, his fingernails were growing through his palm and through the back of his hand , it is unbelievable the things you will see as the monks demonstrate their devotion to their spirituality.

Its a rare one and hard to find -but worth watching. Amazon search turns up a bunch of used Vhs , I have never seen it available on Dvd
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

Ljosalfar
#71 Posted : 2/18/2011 9:00:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Close To Eden, original title Urga 1991 dir Nikita Mikhalkov
A dear favorite of mine... a Russian truck driver is stranded in the inner Mongolian steppe and is taken in by a nomad family - beautiful, potent, other-worldly, 3 languages, tender, surreal, savage... one of the best. Enjoy.

Ljosalfar attached the following image(s):
urga.jpg (20kb) downloaded 506 time(s).
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Rooftop
#72 Posted : 2/28/2011 8:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For some good laughs:

-Borat +

-Bruno , both by Sacha Cohen

-Idiocracy , by Mike judge

and +1 for the Life of Brian Laughing
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

DMTripper
#73 Posted : 3/1/2011 4:16:31 AM

John Murdoch IV

tele wrote:
Just watched the movie "contact" with jodie foster, and it's incredible how they build this gigantic "hyperspace machine" that was planned by the aliens that results in a trip for Jodie that's somewhat similar to DMT. Just makes you think how this access to this space is only a fantasy for the masses, when you actually have access to it through DMT.

Yes I think Contact is a must see for everyone here. Great movie.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

DoctorMantus
#74 Posted : 3/1/2011 4:26:50 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

The PROFESSIONAL Great movie a must see!!
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#75 Posted : 3/3/2011 2:48:56 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Didnt look through every movie to see if this one was in there but has any one seen the cognition factor?

Good i can assume because of the people in it.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Rooftop
#76 Posted : 3/5/2011 9:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Human traffic is really spot on and refreshing, you'll be smiling all along!Very happy
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

dreamer042
#77 Posted : 6/20/2011 4:36:25 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Liquid Crystal Vision fuses the ancient and the future. It blends scenes of exotic places such as Angkor Wat, Goa, Laos, Japan, and others with superb graphics, sounds, performances, and channeled interviews. LCV presents dancing as one of the means to initiate a far-reaching personal evolution. It contrasts control versus freedom. The impact of the mystical arts movement on planetary consciousness is highlighted during the 60 minutes play time. Liquid Crystal Vision makes an artistic and political statement that leaves a strong imprint on the audience.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385839/
http://www.liquidcrystalvision.com/

watch it here:
http://video.google.com/...id=-6365996398406388722#
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Digi123
#78 Posted : 7/9/2011 11:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey.

Watched a film by Jamin Winans called Ink. It was quite strange but a good film Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

DoingKermit
#79 Posted : 10/6/2011 1:07:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Drive" is the best movie i've seen in ages. Ryan Gosling has such a gentle character, but is really brutal at the same time. Loved it.

fractalic
#80 Posted : 10/14/2011 11:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

don't forget-
all of David Cronenberg's films, especially EXistenZ and naked lunch
and Jean-Pierre Jeunet- Delicatessen, and the city of lost children.
Terry Gilliam's films-The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus and Tideland
and of course- all of Emir Kusturica films...
all of these directors have their own special kind of surrealistic atmosphere.
`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'

«PREV23456NEXT»