We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lil bit of help please: A/B Extraction Options

shishigami
#1 Posted : 2/27/2011 6:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took 50 g MHRB and acidified with 4 mL 30% HCl in H2O and 500 mL dH2O. The pH read around 2. This was heated for a little bit but I realized my heating pad was too variable so I just let it soak for a week. After the week it was twice filtered and basified with a solution 3 g NaOH in 7 mL water which caused the color to change from Reddish/Brown->Grey->Oily/Inky Black. The pH read around 13. 50 mL of Naptha was added and the solution was shaken. The emulsion settled within 6 hours and after 24 hours the Naptha was pipetted into a pan which was stuck in the freezer for 12 hours. After those 12 hours, nadda, nothing, zip.

What went wrong?
What can I do to fix it?

My thoughts would be to much acid, or too little base.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 2/27/2011 6:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could be that you used way to much naptha and too few pulls?

I use say about .5ml naptha/ gram bark, and I do say 4 pulls, il also evap the naptha down till it gets cloudy when blown on. It makes it easier for the DMT to crash out when the naptha is saturated.

shishigami
#3 Posted : 2/27/2011 6:35:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was going to do more pulls, but just wanted to see how the amount of DMT per pull changed.

Noman
#4 Posted : 2/27/2011 11:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like your naptha wasn't saturated enough to precip.
One should do multiple agitations with thier NP.
Could be the lack of heat in the acid soak too - I've never tried a CWE with HCl, but phosphoric CWE's yield significantly lower than when the solution is cooked.