We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
aya experience only lasting 1 hour???? Options

evil804
#1 Posted : 2/25/2011 9:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so for the past few weeks, i've noticed the effects from my aya are getting more and more condensed. Today was a particularly strange event. i brewed a mix of caapi/rue and mimosa, and went from mind bending panic to sobriety in an single hours time. This was the first time i ever thought "i did waaaaay too much". CEV consisted of jesters lunging forward, waving their hands in my face relentlessly. OEV consisted of everything melting, moving, shifting. i literally saw reality crumbling before me, and feared i had gone too far, never able to return. I stood in the shower for 20-30 minutes to calm down, and found my bearings. i began to relax, and went outside to watch the clouds. within an hour or so after the purge (and onset of effects), no OEV, and only minor CEV. this has been happening consistently for a few weeks now. anyone else ever experience this? in the beginning, a large dose would be a 4-5 hour experience. i will admit, i am a heavy user. For the past 6 months, i have used modestly dosed aya (mild CEV, no OEV) 2-3X a week, with an occasional high dose once a month or so. my longest break has been a week.

thanks in advance! glad to still be alive/sane!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how much caapi/rue and mimosa? How do you brew it/ Consume it all at once? How fast did you purge?

evil804
#3 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
how much caapi/rue and mimosa? How do you brew it/ Consume it all at once? How fast did you purge?

breakfast consisted of a protein smoothie (mango, milk protein powders, cocoa powder, cashews)

100G yellow caapi tea (3X 30+ min boils, low simmer, 1 cap of vinegar per boil), reduced to 500 ml. Tea is weak (gaisnaval yellow powdered vine)
added 30G of celestials 3X rue extract
consume 25 ml 10 min before mimosa tea along with 2 pepto bismol tabs.
Very confident about MAO-I dosage. spent time evaluating potency before going full bore and adding mimosa.

60G mimosa (3X 30 min low simmer with 1 cap apple cider vinegar each boil)
fridged overnight, solids removed twice.
reduced to 750 ml after all solids precipitated.
consumed 75 ml.

purge 20 minutes after consuming mimosa. effects hit like a freight train, no warning. worth noting, i have been avoiding sodium in order to achieve full effects.

All hell breaks loose, haha.

i know i took too much.... but im wondering why my experiences have only been lasting for such a short time recently? i use the aya as my muse (aspiring author). perhaps im abusing it, and developing a tolerance? ive read the spirit molecule, and know that no tolerance was observed. But then again, they didnt have a guy on it 2-3X a week for 6 months.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 2/26/2011 12:58:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Ayahuasca has a level of unpredictability. These things happened to me as well. Sometimes it hits you fast, sometimes it takes hours. Sometimes it lasts for an hour or even less and sometimes it lasts for up to 8 hours. I once had it happening that it hit me like vaporised DMT does and that i was literally having it's full effects before i even had put the emtied cup out of wich i drunk the brew on the floor.

evil804
#5 Posted : 2/27/2011 2:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Quote:
Very confident about MAO-I dosage. spent time evaluating potency before going full bore and adding mimosa.

What would you notice if you only took the maoi and no mimosa? That it lasts for only an hour has often to do with low amounts of maoi, but it can also happen if the absorption from the stomach is rapid. In my experience once dmt is in the blood it is cleared out relatively rapidly unless you have a good amount of maoi.

My suggestion would be to increase the amount of maoi further if you want your experience to last for a longer time. By the way, when do you take the mimosa? At the same time as the maoi?

i had previously used the same batch of MAOi in previous experiences, and knew what the minimum needed for mao inhibtion.

mimosa is consumed 10 minutes after the harmala cocktail. im thinking the cocoa may be the culprit, as it really was the only variable here. I've read before it can potentiate ayahuasca. I like to make a fruit smoothie an hour before ingesting anything, to have something decent to purge ( i hate purging on an empty stomach, much more nausea for me and tastes horrible)

if my MAOi dose was low, i shudder to think what would have happened had it been adequate! 20 minutes in i was preparing for a stroke, or worse, thinking it wouldn't hit full bore until an hour in as that is my usual timeline! i was happy to see the effects fading so quickly. In previous experiences i usually tested the water first before diving in, but abandoned that logic after becoming naively familiar with the ayahuasca, thinking i had a leash on such power. lesson learned, dont ever think you have complete control over your destiny with the ayahuasca. humbleness achieved.

i am happy to know that i can go so far and still return. i thought i was going to be the first person to die from thisShocked .

Tribal
#6 Posted : 2/27/2011 8:33:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has noticed a decrease in the duration of his aya journeys over time. The last two times he drank it only lasted slightly over an hour on the first drink. He always drinks twice, however, and the second always lasts much, much longer, about 4-5 hours. He uses extracted alkaloids instead of brewing plant material, so this decrease in duration doesn't seem likely attributed to variations in brews.