We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro and Need guidance - Newbie - 5 questions Options

chimein
#1 Posted : 2/24/2011 9:22:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading this sites FAQ, and seeing the film, The Spirit Molecule SWIM has become very interested in trying DMT. Primarily the fact that it only lasts 15 minutes or so is very appealing. Spanning 25 years SWIM has had occasional, loss of self, heroic doses of psilocybin (5 grams dried mushrooms), where he experienced wonderful connections to the universe and states of love and joy, that he would like to experience several times a year again.

But while SWIM has enjoyed these, he just doesn't have the time to put aside for these
lengthy sessions, especially having a family. Likewise with his job, he is
on 24/7/365 call, and once got a major call during a 6 hour session - what a bummer.
Frankly due to this always on call factor, SWIM doubts he will ever try a heroic 6 hour session again. He did try several years after this, but he was too worried he would get a call to enjoy it.

Anyway, SWIM always been more interested in the breakthrough part of these experiences, which it seems DMT more directly provides. SWIM has never tried it, so has some questions before investing all the effort and time required to partake. As of now SWIM's plan it to try it slowly and work up the dosage to loss of self.

1) With psilocybin breakthroughs SWIM would feel incredible love and joy, is this common with DMT?

2) Is there any hang-over effect 1 hour or 1 day after?

3) While Most of the time SWIM had a great time swim has had a few less than great trips in the past, but they always seemed to stem from the fact that these trips took so dam long, and he was worried he would get a call. These are non-issues with DMT, so I think he will be fine. Also with maturity comes greater calmness I think. Should SWIM be concerned with this past? He doesn't seem that concerned, and would only partake when he is in a good mood (which is most of the time)

4) Even though I hear these trips only last 15 minutes, does it really seem much longer?

5) What does SWIM tell the wife this root bark is for as she gets the mail?

Thanks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Shayku
#2 Posted : 2/24/2011 9:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

1) With psilocybin breakthroughs SWIM would feel incredible love and joy, is this common with DMT?

Yes. Particularly with DMT in fact.

There is generally a serotonin high that can last for days after. No "bad" hangover.

3) While Most of the time SWIM had a great time SWIM has had a few less than great trips in the past, but they always seemed to stem from the fact that these trips took so dam long, and he was worried he would get a call. These are non-issues with DMT, so I think he will be fine. Also with maturity comes greater calmness I think. Should SWIM be concerned with this past? He doesn't seem that concerned, and would only partake when he is in a good mood (which is most of the time)

The intensity and speed of DMT can make it scary, so it is a good idea to go with a relaxed mind, a clear schedule, a clean room, a working life, etc. That being said, I really wouldn't worry about having had difficult mushroom trips. In my opinion, people who claim to be strangers to difficult trips are missing much of the psychedelic world.

4) Even though I hear these trips only last 15 minutes, does it really seem much longer?

It can. It can seem infinite at times. Sometimes it doesn't seem much longer though.

You can tell the authorities it's for dies, but you should tell your wife what it's really for. If she doesn't approve, maybe a long discussion/debate/sharing is in order?
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 2/24/2011 9:33:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

chimein wrote:

3) While Most of the time SWIM had a great time swim has had a few less than great trips in the past, but they always seemed to stem from the fact that these trips took so dam long, and he was worried he would get a call. These are non-issues with DMT, so I think he will be fine. Also with maturity comes greater calmness I think. Should SWIM be concerned with this past? He doesn't seem that concerned, and would only partake when he is in a good mood (which is most of the time)

Thanks

Here are some quick answers:

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) Most of the time, DMT experiences are wonderful. Occasionally, they are very difficult. Maturity and calmness are not good indicators of the nature of particular experiences.

4) It often seems longer. Many of my breakthroughs seem to last for an hour or more when in fact it’s been only 10 minutes. In other breakthroughs, it’s possible to exist outside of time altogether.

5) Tell her it’s for extracting DMT. Smile
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 2/24/2011 9:45:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I would definitely want to be open about what I was doing with my partner. Don't even start making up some kind of story, it will detract from the experience most likely, and that's only on the side of dmt. There's no telling what it will do to your relationship. Secrets like this IMO can't be good.

my break-throughs seem to last as long as they last. I have not had the fabled *it felt like it was 3 life-times* or whatever effect. That doesn't mean those 15 minutes aren't crazy intense and sometimes I'm glad it's over. Other times I feel like I missed something, like I wasn't able to keep the information or experience together properly because of its speed.

And yes, the love you feel from dmt is incredible. It's awe inspiring and vast and beautiful...

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

martiemcfry
#5 Posted : 2/25/2011 7:58:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

chimein wrote:

3) While Most of the time SWIM had a great time SWIM has had a few less than great trips in the past, but they always seemed to stem from the fact that these trips took so dam long, and he was worried he would get a call. These are non-issues with DMT, so I think he will be fine. Also with maturity comes greater calmness I think. Should SWIM be concerned with this past? He doesn't seem that concerned, and would only partake when he is in a good mood (which is most of the time)

1) Yes, but I would say you can also feel the complete opposite of this. I find dmt to be way more unpredictable and intense that the mushroom, so if your looking for a well-defined narrowed experience, this is not.

2) Not physical, actually the afterglow can last for weeks. But it will have you thinking about the trip for long periods of time. If you have a 24/7/365 job this could be an issue i think. I wouldn't imagine taking responsability for mundane issues (i.e a job) after coming down from a breakthrough at 3am.

3) DMT is not a fast-food version of the mushroom, and i find them to be completely different experiences. I would suggest turn off your phone, prepare the proper set and setting and be ready to spend a most bizarre and mind-blowing experience that will certainly trascend and pour to every aspect of your life. On a full breakthrought you wont have a bad trip from being worried you might get a call, you wont even know who you are, what hit you or that there is such things as phones. This should be the least of your concerns imo, there's so much more to be amazed, excited, fearful and commoted about it.

4) Time is not neccesarily a constant on DMT.

5) Tell her is for extracting DMT, explain her what is it and why do you wanna try it. If you lie to her, sooner of later it'll come back and get you.

Ihrhase
#6 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I am with everyone else on this, if you have to hide it from your wife it will be a bad deal in the end, the dishonesty is definitely not worth it. If she is so opposed to this aspect of your life that she will out and reject your doing this, I can only imagine the consequences will be far worse by keeping it a secret.
Quote:
The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.

Terence McKenna

Mushroom
#7 Posted : 2/25/2011 7:30:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The wife...You're a grown man. Why can't you just tell her the whats whats and the who's who's?

IMO, if I were hiding something and I went in to a trip in that fashion that'd be the 1st thing to come up...not beauty, not joy, but disgust in myself for being a recent liar and not open/trustworthy.

If you're hellbent on doing it under the radar, even though you're a responsible grown-ass man (I assume) and it's your life, you can either say that's it's dye, fertilizer, a "green" termite/cockroach killer, an all natural __________ for __________, you know because I do ___________ and I want it to be _________.

It's your LI(f)E, you make it work...

Mushroom
#8 Posted : 2/25/2011 7:34:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Or just have it mailed to a friend/work/family member...and tell them to mind their own business

EDIT...LOL at the thought of you worrying about a package in the mail when you're going to have hazardous chemical around the house and possibly in the family freezer.

chimein
#9 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, thanks for all the advice. This really seems like an experience worth having. The wife doesn't even like the weed but puts up with it. Once told her about shrooms, and she reacted pretty negative to it. It funny, when swim had a breakthough trip with shrooms he wanted to hug the world and tell the wife. Actually did tell the wife but said the experience was from years ago. Anyway, may tell her that it is for DMT, what the hell.

Anyway the question about the wife was half joking, I can handle it.

The way to approach a DMT experience would be to go in as an observer, and just let it take you where it wants it seems.

Enoon
#10 Posted : 2/26/2011 1:38:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

most of the times you are more than an observer. you are right in the middle of a storm, in the middle of an egyptian god tribunal, in the middle of pandemonium, in the middle of the light-lattice, a participant in the cosmic process, you the force of life exploding in a million crystaline space-time fractals... it's hard to feel just like an observer in those moments.

but I guess you'll see soon enough

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

martiemcfry
#11 Posted : 2/26/2011 9:30:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

enoon wrote:
in the middle of an egyptian god tribunal

Wow this just moved me man, thanks Smile

chimein
#12 Posted : 2/26/2011 9:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This sounds awesome, just the kind of journey worth taking. For SWIM it would probably only be a few times a year.

Enoon wrote:
most of the times you are more than an observer. you are right in the middle of a storm, in the middle of an egyptian god tribunal, in the middle of pandemonium, in the middle of the light-lattice, a participant in the cosmic process, you the force of life exploding in a million crystaline space-time fractals... it's hard to feel just like an observer in those moments.

but I guess you'll see soon enough

cheers & love
Enoon