We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT plant research Options

bindu
#1 Posted : 2/25/2011 8:30:40 PM

Somehow i often hear or read that DMT is in many living organisms, yet i only see data of it being in a few plants in higher dosages.

From what i read so far about phalaris i dont think that most people could manage to grow a large amount of it continiously for clean extraction

My proposal would be to find a viable source in a forest or similar in your climate of the world

Most likely there are many plants that contain it. Many plants that are local to where people live

Of course most of us have lives to live in this dimension of highly condensed energy

So as a starter id like to find an effective and easy way to identify DMT content in your local plants

A way that most of us could use with some interest in the matter

Being a zero in chemistry so far my best guess is to make DMT suitable Thin Layer Chromatography plates

therefore id like to ask for input from more advanced chemists and botanists regarding this issue

for people interested about the Chromatography method

this thread here seems to be a good starting point
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=18255

and here suitable coatings for TLC plates are looked for, so far rather unsuccessful
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=15893

blessed be all forms of intelligence

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 2/25/2011 9:12:10 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

"C B Gold" wrote:

A simple test for indole-containing compounds and tryptamines is to crush a small piece of mushroom into 1/2 ounce of vodka or ethyl alcohol("denatured alcohol" or the hardware store "shellac thinner" is fine) and mix. Add 3-4 drops of hydrochloric acid(or the hardware store variety called, "muriatic acid"Pleased then drop a pine tree shaving into the solution which will turn "cherry red" in the presence of indoles.

http://www.erowid.org/pl...shrooms_article2-2.shtml

This test should work for most botanical materials, not just fungi, as a quick and simple way of field testing for indole and tryptamine like compounds.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/25/2011 9:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Though it would also test positive for stuff like gramine and a lot of unwanted substances.

bindu
#4 Posted : 2/26/2011 10:32:04 AM

Thank you for your input

So far this one seems fairly easy to narrow down the search quite significantly

Quote:
Erowid wrote
A simple test for indole-containing compounds and tryptamines is to crush a small piece of mushroom or root bark or leaf... into 1/2 ounce of vodka or ethyl alcohol("denatured alcohol" or the hardware store "shellac thinner" is fine) and mix. Add 3-4 drops of hydrochloric acid(or the hardware store variety called, "muriatic acid"Pleased then drop a pine tree shaving into the solution which will turn "cheny red" in the presence of indoles.

If this really works to narrow it down enough so another more elaborate test could follow this one up to give more clarity, followed by another one etc. Whatever our chemexperts suggest as an viable strategy.

When we have some easy functional tests that can be performed by non chemists we can open source the research. Legions of people could narrow it down quite a bit going through their local flora. Then some of us that are more able in this field could check for the real gems in the few selected candidates

Please give us your thoughts on the effectiveness of the quoted test or suggest similar effective approaches
blessed be all forms of intelligence

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 2/26/2011 2:35:33 PM

The Great Namah

A good idea!

A pine tree shaving? Would this be a bark shaving?

That's a neat way to narrow down the search. I've actually been looking for something like this.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.