We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Scientific Articles on DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelics Options

benzyme
#41 Posted : 2/14/2010 4:12:15 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Efficient and Sensitive Method for Quantitative Analysis of Alkaloids in Hardinggrass (Phalaris aquatica L.)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#42 Posted : 2/28/2010 5:03:45 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Dimethyltryptamine and other hallucinogenic tryptamines exhibit
substrate behavior at the serotonin uptake transporter
and the vesicle monoamine transporter (Dec. 2009)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

D_Juggz
#43 Posted : 3/8/2010 11:20:18 PM

Dr Do Little

°Reassessing the Cultural and Psychopharmacological Significance of B.Caapi: Preparation, Classification and use among the Piaroa of Southern Venezuela (R.Rodd)
°Evidence of health and safety in American members of a religion who use a hallucinogenic sacrament (J. Halpern)
°Do hallucinogens cause residual neuropsychological toxicity? (J.Halpern)
°Maripa: To know everything the experience of power as Knowledge derived from the integrative mode of conciousness (R.Rodd)
°Clinical investigations of the therapeutic potential of ayahuasca: rationale and regulatory challenges (McKenna)
°Ayahuasca healing beyond the Amazon: the globalization of a traditional indigenous entheogenic practice (KENNETH W. TUPPER)
°Psychometric assessment of the Hallucinogen Rating Scale (Jordi Riba , Antoni Rodrı ´guez-Fornells, Rick J. Strassman c, Manel J. Barbanoj)
°The globalization of ayahuasca: Harm reduction or benefit maximization? (KENNETH W. TUPPER)
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Infundibulum
#44 Posted : 3/9/2010 12:09:47 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

"Effects of monoamine oxidase inhibitor and cytochrome P450 2D6 status on 5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics"

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Elpo
#45 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok here are some articles on the Hopkins University study on psilocybin.

Study

commentaries on the study

Q&A with researcher Griffiths

I hope this can be useful.

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Ginkgo
#46 Posted : 4/25/2010 12:45:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A small portion of my library... Couldn't upload anything over a few MBs due to a timeout error, but I hope you guys will like what I was able to upload!

endlessness
#47 Posted : 6/9/2010 9:12:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

great collection there Smile

here's a couple more that were posted in this and this thread:

1- Su TP, Hayashi T, Vaupel DB. When the endogenous hallucinogenic trace amine N,N-dimethyltryptamine meets the sigma-1 receptor. Sci Signal. 2009 Mar 10;2(61) : pe12.

2- Bradnt S, Martins, C. Analytical methods for psychoactive N,N-dialkylated tryptamines TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry
Article in Press, Accepted Manuscript

3- Fontanilla D, et al. The Hallucinogen N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) Is an Endogenous Sigma-1 Receptor Regulator.Science 323, 934 (2009)

Shaolin
#48 Posted : 10/25/2010 11:41:30 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Be resurrected oh mighty thread:

Meckes-Lozoya M, Lozoya X, Marles RJ, et al. "N,N-Dimethyltryptamine Alkaloid in Mimosa tenuiflora bark (tepescohuite)". Arch Invest Med (Mex). 1990;21(2):175–7.

Anton R, Jiang Y, Weniger B, Beck JP, Rivier L. "Pharmacognosy of Mimosa tenuiflora (Willd.) Poiret."

Vepsäläinen JJ, Auriola S, Tukiainen M, et al. "Isolation and Characterization of Yuremamine, a New Phytoindole". Planta Medica. 2005;71(11):1053–7.

Melo, A. C. and Bandeira, J. A. (1961), . Contribuição ao estudo químico e farmacológico do alcalóide da Jurema Preta (Mimosa hostilis

Camargo-Ricalde, S. L. (2000), Descripción, distribución, anatomía, composición química y usos de Mimosa tenuiflora (Fabaceae-Mimosoideae) en México Revista Biologica Tropical, 48, 939-954.

Nicasio Mdel P, Villarreal ML, Gillet F, Bensaddek L, Fliniaux MA. (2005) "Variation in the accumulation levels of N,N-dimethyltryptamine in micropropagated trees and in in vitro cultures of Mimosa tenuiflora."
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

endlessness
#49 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
Be resurrected oh mighty thread:

Vepsäläinen JJ, Auriola S, Tukiainen M, et al. "Isolation and Characterization of Yuremamine, a New Phytoindole". Planta Medica. 2005;71(11):1053–7.

Camargo-Ricalde, S. L. (2000), Descripción, distribución, anatomía, composición química y usos de Mimosa tenuiflora (Fabaceae-Mimosoideae) en México Revista Biologica Tropical, 48, 939-954.

here:

Shaolin
#50 Posted : 10/31/2010 10:55:04 AM

Stiletto Stoner

^^ Thank you my friend.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

Simon Jester wrote:

universecannon
#51 Posted : 11/7/2010 3:32:24 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Came across this and was discussing it in the chat. Not sure what most of it means though to be honest; it just reminds me of the concept in The Invisible Landscape Razz
Looks interesting though

B carbolines bind to dna

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

ubu
#52 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Shaolin
#53 Posted : 12/29/2010 7:50:40 PM

Stiletto Stoner

All I want in 2010 is :

Characterization of the synthesis of N,N-dimethyltryptamine by reductive amination using gas chromatography ion trap mass spectrometry
Simon D. Brandt, Sharon A. Moore1, Sally Freeman2, Abu B. Kanu3

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine and dichloromethane: Rearrangement of quaternary ammonium salt product during GC–EI and CI-MS–MS analysis
Simon D. Brandt, Cláudia P.B. Martinsb, Sally Freemanc, Nicola Dempstera, Mark Wainwrighta, Philip G. Ribya and John F. Alderb

Halogenated solvent interactions with N,N-dimethyltryptamine: Formation of quaternary ammonium salts and their artificially induced rearrangements during analysis
Simon D. Brandt, Cláudia P.B. Martinsb, Sally Freemanc, Nicola Dempstera, 1, Philip G. Ribya, 1, Jochen Gartzd and John F. Alderb

Thank you.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

endlessness
#54 Posted : 12/29/2010 8:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here, I was able to retrieve the last two:

Shaolin
#55 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:36:12 PM

Stiletto Stoner

The viscosity of diesel oil and mixtures with straight vegetable oils: Palm, cabbage palm, cotton, groundnut, copra and sunflower - Abollé Abollé, Loukou Kouakoua and Henri Planchea

G33k speak to the fullest Very happy
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

Infundibulum
#56 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:50:20 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Shaolin wrote:
The viscosity of diesel oil and mixtures with straight vegetable oils: Palm, cabbage palm, cotton, groundnut, copra and sunflower - Abollé Abollé, Loukou Kouakoua and Henri Planchea

Here ya go!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Shaolin
#57 Posted : 2/13/2011 12:18:52 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Infundibulum wrote:
Shaolin wrote:

Here ya go!

What can I say. Thank you again and again.

Solubility of 1-malic, i-malic and fumaric acid in some common organic solvents and in mixtures of the latter with ether or benzene -Descamps, R., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg. 1940, 49, 91–102

This might help with the "fumaric solubility mistery".
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

endlessness
#58 Posted : 2/26/2011 11:57:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A novel extraction procedure for psilocybin and psilocin determination in mushroom samples
Planta Med. 1990 Jun;56(3):327-8.
Kysilka R, Wurst M.

It basically shows the ideal solvent and solvent mixture for ethanol and methanol + water for extracting psilocybin and psilocin

+

Extraction and analysis of indole derivatives from fungal biomass
Journal of Basic Microbiology, 1994, 34(1):17-22.
Jochen Gartz

(also details mushroom extraction)

+ Shulgin commenting on these extractions

(just some good files for mushroom extraction info)

Mydriasis
#59 Posted : 5/15/2011 12:02:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1991 Jul;39(7):1792-5.
Metabolic fates of L-tryptophan in Saccharomyces uvarum (Saccharomyces carlsbergensis).
Shin M, Shinguu T, Sano K, Umezawa C.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1777933

Pleasey pleasey please please?Laughing
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

endlessness
#60 Posted : 5/30/2011 10:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TLC info on Gramine, 5-MeO-DMT, DMT and other alkaloids as posted here

1978 W. MAJAK. R E MCDiarmid and R. J. Bose. "TLC luminescence of gramine and related indole alkaloids in Phalaris arundinacea". Phytochemistry, Vol 17, 301-303

PREV12345NEXT»