We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LC Possible Contam? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 2/25/2011 12:15:19 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

So My Friend Just Recently Made up two Jars Both containing 6 oz of water one containing 1 tsp karo and the other 2tsp. the other night he steam sterilized it because he does not have a pressure cooker. after the sterilization and all was cooled he inject 2cc in each and put them in the spot he has for them. the next morning he was checking everything temperatures and what not, and noticed the jar with 2tsp had a small crack at the bottom must of been from the boil, but very small amounts have been leaking out and he threw it in a plastic container since then, what odds do you think my friend has with success on that jar?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 2/25/2011 3:39:30 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Not to be harsh, but who cares what the odds are? Only way to know with certainty if a liquid culture is contaminated is to inoculate some jars with it. Try it out and see what happens, brf jars are generally advised for testing purposes, afaik.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 2/25/2011 7:44:49 PM

The Great Namah

Under the best circumstances there is still a possiblilty of contamination....

Go with it and see what happens... I do suggest using a test jar or two so you don't kill a ton of sterilized grain/brf jars.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 2/25/2011 11:43:16 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

ok thanks guys
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"