We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Good sublingual harmala before smoking dmt? Options

TrustLoveMan
#1 Posted : 2/21/2011 8:37:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can I smoke a bowl of caapi, then smoke dmt. or take some sublingual extracts beforehand. Like something from flowing visions? What's the best thing to order?
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 2/21/2011 8:53:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The best thing to order is some caapi or syrian rue seeds and do an extraction. Very happy

Either of the extracts you get from these will be great for sublingual or infusing directly to herbs for changa.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

soulfood
#3 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

or for the lazy and cheap, just get some harmaline.

It's the most potent of the harmaloids so will be easier to dose sublingually also.

I always extract though. Don't be ripped off by the fat cats!

universecannon
#4 Posted : 2/22/2011 12:30:17 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

smoking a caapi joint before changa is nice

if you want sublingual harmalas: rue or caapi is the way to go..flowing visions is a rip off in comparison..plus-you have no idea what your getting with them. (see THH controversy)

rue will get you the most bang for your buck..and its easy to extract..although it lacks the thh in caapi. You can dose these sublingually before smoking, add them to changa, or take them orally with dmt for pharmahuasca

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

TrustLoveMan
#5 Posted : 2/22/2011 1:08:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I think I'll try the vine extraction. I think I'd rather take an oral extract and then smoke alone.

q21q21
#6 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:42:53 AM

SWIM

SWIM wrote about it here

the best tek for extracting from rue (dozens of times cheaper then caapi if bought as esphand)
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ion_and_Separation_Guide
SWIM does this exact tek with ONE IMPORTANT VARIATION. He doesn't grind the seeds but strongly boils the whole seeds.
This makes a brew that can be reduced A LOT without getting thick and unlike the reduced brew of ground seeds filters easy as water.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

KwisatzHaderach
#7 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:45:39 AM

everything is becoming

Thanks for asking the question TrustLove. I've been looking into this hesitantly myself. Some of this extracting stuff is confusing to me.

soulfood wrote:
or for the lazy and cheap, just get some harmaline.

Now don't judge, but I'm not sure I trust myself to extract Mad
Any trustworthy places where one could find harmaline?

~peace and love
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 2/22/2011 3:18:55 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

KwisatzHaderach wrote:
Now don't judge, but I'm not sure I trust myself to extract Mad

Why not? The harmala extraction really isn't any more difficult than a dmt extraction (in many respects, it's easier, imo)...just take the time to read and review your steps and you'll be fine. It's exponentially cheaper to extract your own. If a vendor were selling harmine for $17/g you could, for about 2.5x the cost (say $45), get a lb of rue seeds, all of your extraction materials (vinegar, coffee filters, salt, base) and yield between 9 and 18 grams of combined harmala alks. To me, that's reason enough to extract all my own harmalas (plus you have some assurance of what's in your extract).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

TrustLoveMan
#9 Posted : 2/24/2011 5:35:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I should do the caapi vine extraction tek > https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=17029

I heard caapi vine is better than rue and doesn't make you throw up. Anyone know a good caapi vine supplier?

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 2/24/2011 5:50:48 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

TrustLoveMan wrote:
I heard caapi vine is better than rue and doesn't make you throw up. Anyone know a good caapi vine supplier?

Well, if you're extracting the harmala alks from rue/caapi, neither is "better" as far as nausea goes, as the extracts should yield the same major alkaloids, harmine and harmaline. That's the main reason to extract from rue, so that you get rid of the nasties that can cause nausea and vomiting (as well as various other things including unwanted alks, fats, tannins, etc).

As far as caapi suppliers, check the suppliers section
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#11 Posted : 2/24/2011 6:44:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Well, if you're extracting the harmala alks from rue/caapi, neither is "better" as far as nausea goes, as the extracts should yield the same major alkaloids, harmine and harmaline. That's the main reason to extract from rue, so that you get rid of the nasties that can cause nausea and vomiting (as well as various other things including unwanted alks, fats, tannins, etc).

Actually, I think the alkaloid profiles for caapi and rue are quite different. Rue is mostly harmine and harmaline in nearly equal amounts. Caapi is mainly harmine and THH, with very little harmaline.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 2/24/2011 7:40:41 PM

omnia sunt communia!

gibran2 wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Actually, I think the alkaloid profiles for caapi and rue are quite different. Rue is mostly harmine and harmaline in nearly equal amounts. Caapi is mainly harmine and THH, with very little harmaline.

My point, with regards to their similarities, was that it's harmala alks in both cases...essentially that the nausea he was referencing was from rue and not rue extracts.

As far as rue being harmine and harmaline in nearly equal amounts, afaik, it has the tendency to fluctuate pretty widely in harmine:harmaline ratio...there was a paper on it somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up

Additionally, do we have any scientific literature with the actual alkaloid breakdown of caapi extract?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Enoon
#13 Posted : 2/25/2011 9:36:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I still get nausea even from extracts, but usually only to a severe degree when I mix with oral spice.
vaping spice after oral harmalas is pretty scary for me. It's way more intense than *just* dmt (for me). I'm not sure how soon I will be trying it again... The come up kind of makes me feel like *you've gone too far this time...* before my world distorts into a million kaleidoscopic fractals exploding into white light...

anyway - it's quite the ride.

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction