We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Anyone tried the God Helmet yet? Options

Dorge
#21 Posted : 2/25/2011 1:57:37 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Well it's no mind machine that's for sure. I've found that the light and sound machines did a good enough job of giving amazing CEVs without fucking with my brains magnetic waves. Personally I wouldn't use this thing. Who knows the long term effects.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Apoc
#22 Posted : 2/25/2011 2:05:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
Well it's no mind machine that's for sure. I've found that the light and sound machines did a good enough job of giving amazing CEVs without fucking with my brains magnetic waves. Personally I wouldn't use this thing. Who knows the long term effects.

where does one find these mind machines?

autophagia
#23 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
Dorge wrote:

where does one find these mind machines?

There are a couple of websites that sell them. A quick google search brings up a plethora of options. If you are interested, erowid even has experience reports on them under the "devices" category.
"The mind acts like an enemy for those who cannot control it." -Krishna

vovin
#24 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:29:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I looked into this once those TMS machines run in the ballpark of 80,000. Now I haven't spent a great deal of time keeping up to the minute on this technology but I highly doubt those things sold will work like a real TMS. I pray to god I am wrong on this one though because I would give my left nut for a working one of those.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Dorge
#25 Posted : 2/25/2011 5:36:16 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

I used to work at a place that sold them, the Lyceum used to be supported by a company that sold them
As well.
One that was intersting was just a pair of glasses with amstraw attached to them so you could blow into them while looking at the sun. created rather the same effect.
This is nothing new. Benjermin Franklin discoverEd that when electric charge was put near eyes or head images where produced. Over time
We discovered this is a phenomena called entoptic imagery. There are lots of ways to produce this entoptic imagery, dmt, drugs, sleepmdept, sleep,'magnets, electricity, any form of altered state. So a magnet helmet does it? Somewhat somdoes pressing on your eye balls. some methods are more
Effective then others. Mind machines really do the trick though, just like drugs but without he ego disolving and euphoria.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

moyshekapoyre
#26 Posted : 2/25/2011 6:29:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Another reason I think most people would prefer this to drugs is, you just turn it off if you are having a bad time. No need to wait hours in agony if the trip goes bad... But then there are those here who think bad trips are therapeutic..

imPsimon
#27 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:32:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In a recent "NOVA" episode called "how the brain works" they use a TMS machine.

As for other machines that "hack" your brain you can build a stroboscopic device pretty cheap
using a pair of sun glasses and some LED diodes(+some other cheap electronics).
I've seen websites selling the same kind of thing but for hundreds of dollars...bastards!
The Dreamachine is also a very cool looking stroboscopic device.

moyshekapoyre
#28 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:36:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had a dream machine with lights etc. Didn't do much for me, and I did experiment with it repeatedly... for hours...

imPsimon
#29 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
I had a dream machine with lights etc. Didn't do much for me, and I did experiment with it repeatedly... for hours...

Did you try it with a psychedelic?
I get patterning just from looking out a car window when trees obstruct the sun so some people
might be more sensitive.
People report patterning at most (from what I understand) from using these devices without drugs.
(usually disappointment)

Dorge
#30 Posted : 2/25/2011 4:25:39 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

You need the more expensive ones honestly. I had one called the excalibure, man you would have trips on that which were very much like LSD, and wow what It for you when you were tripping!

moyshekapoyre
#31 Posted : 2/25/2011 4:46:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah i didn't try the machine on drugs... and i probably did not have the expensive one, so i guess that's why...

imPsimon
#32 Posted : 2/26/2011 10:15:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
You need the more expensive ones honestly. I had one called the excalibure, man you would have trips on that which were very much like LSD, and wow what It for you when you were tripping!

What does it do that you cant build yourself? Is there anything else then
just strobe effects?

Dorge
#33 Posted : 2/26/2011 11:36:08 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

The system I had was set up with a computer. It used four colors of light,'which makes amhuge difference btw. It also used biural auditory rhythms. The different programs were used to sync brain wave patterns with the frequency of the rhythms of th flashing light and sound rhythms. The effects where phenomenal.'you have lucid dream programs, programs for learning meditation and visualization programs. Wild Rides! It was fantastic. But honestly I'm more interested in OEVs.
But I had total clairvoyant experiences with these machines. It really surprised me.

ragabr
#34 Posted : 2/26/2011 5:31:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a Proteus system that I adore. James Kent reviewed it here.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

imPsimon
#35 Posted : 2/26/2011 6:01:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
I have a Proteus system that I adore. James Kent reviewed it here.

That looks interesting!
So where's your review? =)

moyshekapoyre
#36 Posted : 8/1/2011 2:54:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I should say that I finally got this thing months ago.

I've used it only three times. The first time, I set it up wrong, so nothing happened.

The second time, I ran the most popular dual-phase temporal lobe program which in some people can give a spiritual experience. For a few days after that, I felt like I was "mostly" in this dimension but not completely. It was uncomfortable. Didn't realize the effects would last that long.

Then recently I tried a "feelgood" session because I was depressed. Unfortunately, it only caused me to go insane after I went to bed. But I was ok by morning.

Conclusion: this thing WORKS and is POWERFUL, but requires too much experimentation to be useful for most people compared to things like changa and iboga, and/or meditation (which I've recently discovered to be insanely powerful without drugs). At the very least, this device offers good evidence for the electromagnetic theory of consciousness...

tele
#37 Posted : 8/1/2011 6:54:38 PM
Explorer

Well this is just another piece of BS, I think. Well I kind of understand the people who try this for consciousness exploration and who are afraid of entheogens or the laws for them.

tobecomeone00
#38 Posted : 8/10/2011 10:02:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd rather do it with my plant allies, as opposed to rigging up a brain-scrambler to my dome....Doesn't seem natural or very appealing at all...
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

SKA
#39 Posted : 8/11/2011 11:06:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I second tobecomeone.
There is no mind-expanding technology greater or more efficient than that of Nature.

Maybe they can find JUST the right frequencies on those devices to facilitate in healing, enlightened states in a research centre.
But for the average person seeking spiritual experiences I would still say plants are the way to go.

DiMiTriX
#40 Posted : 6/24/2013 11:01:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bump!
Tz'is aná

PREV123NEXT