We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Swim got his mhrb in!! Options

Cdoc
#1 Posted : 2/22/2011 3:46:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys!! SWIM just got his first batch of mhrb in today, 112 grams. For someone who has never done this before, whats the easiest extract to do? SWIM has naptha and lye also if needed. What do you all think?

Much thanks!
cdoc is a fictional character, and does not represent any real life persons actions. Anything said is also ficticious in nature with no ties to real events or people, any tie to real life events or persons is purely coincidental.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

seven7seven
#2 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:04:27 AM

Stewie

i find vovin's tek simple and easy to do, I just use vinegar instead of the hcl.

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first tries were with Nomans tek (STB):
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek

Now I use Marsofold (A/B) with a few modifications:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Marsofold%27s_tek

Although A/B teks have more steps I like them much more in comparison as I can filter, reduce the solution and hence have much less volume (and less messy, dangerous, basic stuff) to work with. None of the spice extraction teks about are that hard whatever.
D × V × F > R

Cdoc
#4 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:50:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks guys, swims been lookin at the teks Smile
dlb, on Nomans tek step 5 when it says the naptha separates to the top then goes into a different jar, does the naptha just come right off the top? or is it poured or what? swim would think pouring it would make the bottom layer liquid go into the other jars?
swim plans on starting tomorrow, so is trying to get as much info now as possible.
cdoc is a fictional character, and does not represent any real life persons actions. Anything said is also ficticious in nature with no ties to real events or people, any tie to real life events or persons is purely coincidental.

seven7seven
#5 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:55:27 AM

Stewie

Cdoc wrote:

does the naptha just come right off the top? or is it poured or what?

you should use a separatory funnel.

Cdoc
#6 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:02:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oh duh :/ sorry lol
Where can one find those at?

Thebatman
#7 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:07:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.onlinescience...6760/vpcsid/0/rid/126318
Its a little investment, but I hear they are amazing(guess I need to get one as well)

Cdoc
#8 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:13:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hmm that would be nice, i will have to get one sometime. Thanks batman!
swim thinks a turkey baster would be easy to use, it says on the tek its usable. has anyone ever used one for Nomans tek?

talking monkey
#9 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=6619

Ok I am a newbie but I saw this thread pop up yesterday wish I would have seen it for first time. Check it out to at least get an idea. The PDF solidified my perspective

Cdoc
#10 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:41:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ahh, thank you very much for that Smile

Saltydawg
#11 Posted : 2/22/2011 7:39:07 AM

pppfff

seven7seven wrote:
Cdoc wrote:

SWIM used a turkey baster for his first time and that worked beautifully. Mind you, SWIM has never used a separatory funnel yet.
I am a saltydawg using my master's computer posting fictional posts for another saltydawg that lives in a different country.

d*l*b
#12 Posted : 2/22/2011 4:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seven7seven wrote:
Cdoc wrote:

In STB often the solution is full of too much crap to work very well in a sep funnel. Tends to clog after a while, one more reason A/B makes sense.

Use a turkey baster, syringe or pipette to get the naptha off. You can also do a rough decant of the top layer. This will probably also pull of some of the aqueous layer too, but will be easier to separate using the previous mentioned methods. Using a narrow container will make removal a lot easier.

As a side note when I was working with STB I used a ghetto sep funnel for a time. I made this by getting a HDPE milk bottle adding solution, letting the solution split and piercing the bottom (the lid must be removed or the liquid won’t exit properly and your bottle will crumple). Flow regulation is achieved by using a rubber gloved finger over the whole when needed.

Beware this method is very messy and extra caution should be used about coming into contact with or spilling the basic solution!

D × V × F > R

DeMenTed
#13 Posted : 2/23/2011 2:52:01 AM

Barry

lol i use the one pint milk jug as a sep funnel too Very happy

Cdoc
#14 Posted : 2/23/2011 7:20:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ahh i see now, thank you for the help everyone Smile

BerryRight
#15 Posted : 2/24/2011 3:35:25 PM

If they ban it, it has to be good!

Try the Lazyman's tek. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lazyman%27s_tek
The difference between knowing the path and walking the path..

ChampionPuffa
#16 Posted : 2/24/2011 3:57:15 PM

lol.

ive been using a tek called TryptoTek from another forum, i havnt seen any mention of it on this forum tho.
seems to work very well assuming your using the exact ingredients an method thats described an it only takes a few hours, i just finished a 100gram ext that i started only 3/4 hours ago.
yeilds are pretty good, i got around 2 grams of a yellow impure colour spice, thats still really nice from 150g(shredded) of mhrb on my second attempt. the first was a 50g mhrb(powdered) an i got 700mg which was white to begin with, or very slightly off white.
the recipe says use powdered but i tried it second time round with shredded that i managed to blend up ok so it still works well with both shredded or powdered.
i need to figure out the best way to do it as ive got some dark orange colour solvent for some reason today but i think its cos i changed to a lighter solvent an i heated too much. the other times i used a bit of a heavier solvent an had great results.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!