We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Anyone tried the God Helmet yet? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 2/23/2011 5:48:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As soon as I get some $ together I'm buying it... even though i'm kind of afraid of God now after experiencing it so many times...

http://www.shaktitechnology.com

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

narmz
#2 Posted : 2/23/2011 5:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I couldn't see myself paying 300 dollars for a gimmick that doesn't even look cool, at least put a hologram on it or something so I know it really works!
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 2/23/2011 6:30:22 PM

The Enlightend One

I saw a discovery channel program about this machine and the Dr who invented it. It looked legit when they were testing it. The subjects had visions and oobe around 80-90% of the time regardless of religious background.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

gibran2
#4 Posted : 2/23/2011 6:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

It looks like a device used to apply transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). TMS is a real phenomenon, but requires very intense magnetic fields pulsed at a particular frequency and focused at particular points. I doubt that this device accomplishes those things.

TMS is actually used by medical professionals to treat things such as depression.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

actualfactual
#5 Posted : 2/23/2011 7:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It didn't work for Richard Dawkins

If I want to transcend time and space I know how to do it already Twisted Evil

moyshekapoyre
#6 Posted : 2/23/2011 8:23:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually this is not based on TMS. It is much more complex and much lower energy. Richard Dawkins said he felt some very strange effects from it but he wouldn't say it felt religious. I think if he continued using it he might notice more pronounced effects. Also, even if he did experience God, I think he might have reasons to pretend that he didn't.
Yes drugs work very well, especially DMT, but they are expensive and/or labor intensive, they are illegal, and they are stigmatized, whereas a magnetic helmet is none of those things (it is free to use after the initial investment, you could even rent it out).

polytrip
#7 Posted : 2/23/2011 8:38:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There isn't much known yet about risks and side-effects on the long term is there?

gibran2
#8 Posted : 2/23/2011 8:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
Actually this is not based on TMS. It is much more complex and much lower energy. Richard Dawkins said he felt some very strange effects from it but he wouldn't say it felt religious. I think if he continued using it he might notice more pronounced effects. Also, even if he did experience God, I think he might have reasons to pretend that he didn't.
Yes drugs work very well, especially DMT, but they are expensive and/or labor intensive, they are illegal, and they are stigmatized, whereas a magnetic helmet is none of those things (it is free to use after the initial investment, you could even rent it out).

Based on the descriptions at the website, the claim is similar if not identical to legitimate claims made regarding TMS:
Quote:
Your brain produces electrical signals as it operates. The 8 Coil Shakti applies magnetic signals to your head that mimic them. Because some brain structures have known 'signatures', they can be 'targeted' by applying their signatures as magnetic signals. Just as the brain has specific responses to specific chemicals, it also has specific responses to specific magnetic signals.

They don’t call it TMS because then it would be considered a medical device and would need government approval.

Magnetic fields induce electric fields in electrical conductors. Neurons are electrical conductors, so when they’re exposed to a magnetic field, electrons flow and normal activity is modified.

As I stated before, the phenomenon is real, but these particular devices are probably not very effective. To be effective, the magnetic field must be very strong, must be focused to a particular area of interest, and must be pulsed in a particular way. I doubt that these devices are capable of any of those things.

Regardless, if you decide to spend your money on one of these, please report back!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ragabr
#9 Posted : 2/23/2011 8:50:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's not why they don't refer to it as TMS, gibran2.
wikipedia wrote:
Neither the God Helmet, nor technologies derived from it, are examples of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). However, like TMS, this apparatus has also been used in studies of depression following closed-head brain injuries.[30] TMS uses magnetic fields on the order of one million times stronger than those used in Persinger's lab, but Persinger reports similar effect sizes with his apparatus.[1] The magnetic fields employed in TMS and in Persinger's experiments are also very different. TMS uses single, paired, and repetitive pulses of high intensity to penetrate the cranium.[31] In contrast, Persinger's apparatus uses weak complex magnetic signals, including one derived from limbic burst firing.[32]
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

universecannon
#10 Posted : 2/23/2011 9:09:10 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i wonder how it would feel putting that thing on while peaking on mushrooms

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gibran2
#11 Posted : 2/23/2011 9:15:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
That's not why they don't refer to it as TMS, gibran2.
wikipedia wrote:
Neither the God Helmet, nor technologies derived from it, are examples of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). However, like TMS, this apparatus has also been used in studies of depression following closed-head brain injuries.[30] TMS uses magnetic fields on the order of one million times stronger than those used in Persinger's lab, but Persinger reports similar effect sizes with his apparatus.[1] The magnetic fields employed in TMS and in Persinger's experiments are also very different. TMS uses single, paired, and repetitive pulses of high intensity to penetrate the cranium.[31] In contrast, Persinger's apparatus uses weak complex magnetic signals, including one derived from limbic burst firing.[32]

Well, they may not call it TMS, but the mode of action is the same: stimulating/modifying brain activity with the use of transcranial magnetic fields. Weak magnetic fields don’t penetrate very deeply, so I wonder how effective these devices can be?

edit: Take a look at this article for something related in the news.

imPsimon
#12 Posted : 2/23/2011 10:00:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
i wonder how it would feel putting that thing on while peaking on mushrooms

Probably like a moron but we cant be sure until someone tries it=)

polytrip
#13 Posted : 2/24/2011 9:31:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes....but what about the risk of these powerfull magnetic fields causing braincancer or other forms of tissue damage in the long run?

Dorge
#14 Posted : 2/24/2011 10:15:30 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Big Inhale wrote:
I saw a discovery channel program about this machine and the Dr who invented it. It looked legit when they were testing it. The subjects had visions and oobe around 80-90% of the time regardless of religious background.

They use it on the tv paranormal state to talk to demons... No shit, it's an actual
Episode.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

polytrip
#15 Posted : 2/24/2011 10:20:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't you need to have the phone-number of goldman sach's headquarters first?

Apoc
#16 Posted : 2/24/2011 11:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmmm, I wouldn't trust anyone but an experienced psychonaut, like the people here, to say whether this device is legit or not, capable of the same magic as some other things. I'll keep my eye on this. However, I would be concerned about the possible effects from all the electrodes, and magnetism, etc.

DoctorMantus
#17 Posted : 2/24/2011 11:14:21 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

so is this helmet serious or just a scam of money???
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

ragabr
#18 Posted : 2/24/2011 11:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So this seems to me like a fair discussion, from a "skeptic" point of view regarding the technology this is based on. The original god helmet is serious and very real. If I could convince myself that the Shakti falls into the same category, I would definitely get it and try it out.

Just don't know...
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Madcap
#19 Posted : 2/25/2011 12:05:51 AM

illudium Q-36

somewhere, infundibulum is losing his mind.... if you listen you can hear him "... muthafuggin ... other psychoactives ..."

In this case, I believe it would be rightfully so.

This screams "scam" to me, all my shyster alarms are going off.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Dorge
#20 Posted : 2/25/2011 1:57:11 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Well it's no mind machine that's for sure. I've found that the light and sound machines did a good enough job of giving amazing CEVs without fucking with my brains magnetic waves. Personally I wouldn't use this thing. Who knows the long term effects.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

123NEXT