We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No PC would RC Work? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 2/22/2011 12:09:26 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

So A buddy of mine has a couple of spore syringes and is really interested in starting an LC, Can he Throw the jars in a rice cooker to sterilize, or would he be better off boiling in pan?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Orion
#2 Posted : 2/22/2011 2:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A pan can work just fine, I normally use a crockpot now just because of the extra size, but I have sterilized many cakes in a pan before, so long as the lid fits. One time I even used tinfoil as a makeshift lid with a little hole poked in the top! No contams and the cakes fruited perfectly.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 2/22/2011 2:45:23 PM

Thank you very much, Yes tinfoil was always my friend to keeping out contams.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

imPsimon
#4 Posted : 2/22/2011 2:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never heard of "liquid Culture" before, how long has this tek been around?
This page says steam sterilization is fine.
http://www.squidoo.com/MushroomLC

I can also remember (faintly) that it's not a must to use a pressure cooker with popcorn kernels
as a substrate.

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 2/22/2011 3:02:44 PM

i am sure its been around and yes i am also finding out about it.

I was Also on a site diff link and says that steam sterilization is fine, i also read on people having success using microwaves.
One thing that im a little confused on is after injecting the culture is put in the refrigerator?
โ€” Terence McKenna

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 2/22/2011 3:19:47 PM

Some LC Basics

http://forums.mycotopia....se-q/8779-lc-basics.html
โ€” Terence McKenna