We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sodium carbonate after separating FASW from limo? Options

Mystic Cannibal
#1 Posted : 2/21/2011 8:08:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Forgive me as I am sure someone must of thought of this before, but swim is doing the Limtek and he got to the point where the FASW is separated from the limonene and is waiting to be evaporated, it occurred to him that if a solution of sodium carbonate was added to the FASW with DMT in it, wouldnt it crash out crystals, so that swim could just filter and get it all out without having to evap?

a couple different questions here but how many Limo pulls do you think are needed, at least 3 i am guessing? Its ok to keep using the same limo over and over right?

Thanks, i have been kind of out of the loop on all the latest developments, I am so happy there is a food safe tek out there.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Malaclypse
#2 Posted : 2/21/2011 2:12:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your hunch is correct. SWIM just did a test that is still crystallizing. When Sodium Carbonate water was added to FASW it clouded just like it does after dissolving fumarates into water.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=18499

From what I can tell most people do at least 3 pulls of limo from the based bark.

Mystic Cannibal
#3 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:19:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well this is pretty convenient, nobody thought of this before? kind of surprising

Mystic Cannibal
#4 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:21:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

saves a few steps and the need for dehydrating so much water, just to to the freebase conversion tek, i cant be the first to think of this? if so cool, i am glad i contributed.

i feel special now, haha

Malaclypse
#5 Posted : 2/22/2011 1:25:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mystic Cannibal wrote:
saves a few steps and the need for dehydrating so much water, just to to the freebase conversion tek, i cant be the first to think of this? if so cool, i am glad i contributed.

i feel special now, haha

Haha, don't want to burst your bubble, but Endlessness suggested it in that thread that I linked above. SWIM was already 2 days into the freebase conversion when you first posted. Based on the reaction (and it just makes sense Smile ) it is at least freebasing some of the dissolved fumarate. Whether the excess fumaric acid that is dissolved in the water not attached to the DMT affects final yields I don't know, but I'm guessing it shouldn't.

But it is somewhat odd that it isn't used as much assuming it all works out good enough. Of course some people just like having fumarate available for oral administration and can convert that to freebase on the fly at any time.

Mystic Cannibal
#6 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:27:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hah, ya i figured as much, someone must of thought of it before me, ah well, i still feel special, i am good like that