We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
IS DMT FOR EVERYONE ? Options

RayOfLight
#21 Posted : 2/19/2011 7:18:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
This is a question that seems to pop up with some frequency around here (usually posed by someone very new to DMT), and I'm always surprised by the number of people who think this is somehow sound thinking.

There is no one path to enlightenment or divinty. The process or search is as highly personal an endeavor as exists for anyone. To blindly assume that the path you have chosen is right for anyone else, is at best an embarrassment to the rest of us, and at worst a dangerously fanatical point of view. It's the mindset that inspires abortion clinic bombings and islamic fundamentalism, and it's the same kind of arrogance that's rousted me out of the shower in the past to answer the door for Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's great that you've found a spiritual path that works for you personally, but tread lightly with the proselytizing. There's nothing wrong with sharing your experience, but imposing it on others is just gross. Have you ever known a born again Christian who can't stop pushing their agenda? It's EXACTLY the same thing, and guess what? It pisses people off.

And as for your spiking the water supply suggestion, all I can say is Come On, Man! I mean, honestly, that makes you sound like an idiot...

for the record I wasn't suggesting that spiking the water supply should be done, I just wanted to hear what other members thought the impact would be of world wide dosing. Your right about almost everything you said here and thank you for the abrasive yet appreciated advise
โ€Ž"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Enoon
#22 Posted : 2/19/2011 8:34:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Skizm wrote:
Psychedelics are for everyone, although I am not sure if DMT is. However, I believe that psychedelics should be used by everyone only because it would put everyone on the same plane. Worldwide dosing would give us creative ideas to solve our problems, not actually fix them.

I remember thinking things along the same lines a long time ago, though I never really wanted to does *everyone* - I always thought 'if only people would take psychedelics with me, I would be able to connect to them better and we would resonate'. I used to think that all it took for making meaningful contact with other humans was a good dose of psychedelics...

It's not true.
Psychedelics don't put everyone on the same plane, the same frequency, the same space or even the same universe. When they do, then wow, it's great. But people are different, the experiences will be different for some if not each of them. We have to acknowledge that everyone has a different starting point and the frequencies they reach will greatly vary.

I do agree that a more global acceptance of these substances could create a very progressive and positive flow of our collective, a more open future. But in a sense it's the openness, the allowing of ANYTHING THAT PROGRESSES AND HELPS, that is more important than the psychedelic experience itself, since this is just one of many possibilities to enhance human existence.
I don't think forcing the psychedelic experience on anyone would further this openness in general. At best it might work for some, but there are enough people I know who've done psychedelics that have gained nothing from it. At worst I think you will have scared and angered people - let alone that, as others have mentioned in this thread before me, it's extremely unethical.

I hope openness will be reached some day... until then I try to at least manifest it in myself and approach others in this openness. I don't try to convert anyone or talk to anyone about psychedelics that isn't interested... it's like with everything else, it gets really lame to someone who just doesn't care.

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

DMTripper
#23 Posted : 2/19/2011 1:29:27 PM

John Murdoch IV

I think a lot of people will only get the giggles or fear from psychedelics without gaining anything of value. Some people are just very superficial and will only see the surface of the trip. I think your soul needs certain maturity to see deeper into these trips.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Dreamwalker
#24 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:49:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are times just after a good spice journey when SWIM just sits there for a long time wondering why everybody isn't doing this. However, there have been a few times at a standard dose that almost scared him away from the spice forever.

That said everybody's brain chemistry is unique and what seems to be great for some may have the complete opposite effect on somebody else. Spice is unique itself in the way that you never get the same experience every time.

The only way for somebody to figure out if its for them is to try it themselves. Just make sure they know what there about to get into before blasting them off without there knowledge. Doing so may not only scare them away from the spice forever but also scare them away from you!

Remember, set and setting have a lot to do with the outcome of the experience. If i were to take a drink from the tap in my kitchen and suddenly found myself deep in hyperspace not knowing how I got there only to find out the water was spiked with DMT... I'm pretty sure I would be traumatized for life! Especially if I had never done DMT before.

You need to be in a certain state of mind before blasting off in SWIM's opinion. This always seems to make the experience an enjoyable one.

landfishd
#25 Posted : 2/20/2011 7:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've introduced a few friends to DMT, and nearly everybody thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Though I did have one friend who after he smoked he was warped into the ER with his girlfriend and his mother there with his guts hanging out of his stomach. He never wants to touch it again!!

nn-DreemMasterTree
#26 Posted : 2/21/2011 8:57:09 AM

samsara

IS DMT FOR EVERYONE ?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Yes with a but

The but: DMT can be very strange and bizarre, some times quite hard to make sense out of and can be emotionally outrages! But,, life can also be all of those things, and I'm quite sure it has been at some point or rather for everyone experiencing reality. So I believe that not everyone will but anyone can take DMT, I just hope one would not take it lightly or disrespect it.

Positive Tripping 2 AllStop

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

Apoc
#27 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:09:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No. How you you even define "what is for everyone". Death is for everyone, but most people don't like death. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like dmt. Does a person's not liking of dmt mean it's not for them? If so, then no, dmt is not for everyone.

seven7seven
#28 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:33:15 AM

Stewie

My gut reaction wants me to share the DMT experience with the whole world. But then i think about how stupid and suggestible a lot of people are. A DMT experience is too earth/universe/dimension smashing for most people I think.

DMT is only for the most serious of seekers. Those that seek higher understanding.

I had a thought that DMT (smoked) was allowed to exist at this time, because its a transition period in human existence. I think that those that go into the DMT experience with ease, and gain knowledge from it are the next stage of mans existence. Those that don't lend themselves to the experience won't learn and won't evolve. Of course this is just a thought.Very happy

So, NO, i don't in any way believe that the DMT experience is for everyone.

nn-DreemMasterTree
#29 Posted : 2/21/2011 9:47:36 AM

samsara

I truly believe that we all are part of the same consciousness (sorry for the basic explanation of the of the unexplainable) and that is just one of the reasons i believe that DMT can be for everyone. Although obviously at this moment its not for everyone, If it were everyone would be doing it.

Positive Tripping

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

neZ
#30 Posted : 2/22/2011 5:26:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
"People can change, . . . but you can't change people!"

Great quote Very happy

PREV12