We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold Water MHRB "Extraction", Test for effect and content Options

Garfield
#1 Posted : 2/21/2011 1:24:01 AM
Sascha

Hello everybody at the Nexus,

since I´ve heard that the cold water extraction method of MHRB can work without MAOI/RIMA I was very curious about it.
I only found vague information about it, besides the report of Jonathan Ott.
So I decided to test it formy own and in addition I figured out how "efficent" it is in regard of yield.

Well since I´m a stone when it comes to psychedelics, means I need a lot to get off the feet, I decided to increase the described amount from 30 to 50gr MHRB powder.
I made a 30 minute extraction with a lot of stirring using about 150ml demin. water in a smal french press coffee maker.
The Juice went into the fridge overnight for seperation and I decanted it the next day and tried it the same evening.

The taste was awful bitter and tannic, every aya tastes like a sweet tea compared with this fluid.
I had a hard time to keep it in my empty stomach. After 25 minutes I felt the presence of indoles in my body. At the one hour mark I had some tiny CEV for about 20 minutes or so. And that was it.Sad
I remembered that I had some 50X Caapi extract from maya. I thought it might improve the effect, so I dissolved (tried to Rolling eyes ) about 100mg of it in 20ml water.
I took that at the 1:30 hour mark. Bad idea!!Confused
The purge came in about 5 minutes and I had no chance to keep it in. Normally I can manage to keep Aya in for at least 50minutes. This was the worst purge I ever had, the taste was so digusting that I will never try that again.
And of course the caapi had no effect at this point, due to it´s short time in my body.

Now to the numbers:

I know from 2 STB extractions with the same batch that it containes at least 2% goodies. First extraction 1.95%, second 2.0%.
So the 50gr powder contained 1gr. spice.
After cold water extraction I added 750ml water with 75gr lye in it, to the still wet sludge and extracted it with petroleum ether. This petroleum ether might be a solution for all the folks living in europe, having trouble in finding the right and pure naphta. In Germany it is available at pharmacies as a kind of medical benzine (not benzene!!!). It is normally used to clean the skin from the sticky residues of strips like band-aid. It has a boiling range from 40-60°C and is really high pure, so no unwished residues!
It is quite affordable for about 8Euro per liter.
But back to yield.
I finished this extraction with 768mg nearly pure white spice (freeze precip).
Referring to that I had about 232mg in the 30 minute cold water extraction.Shocked
What a waste of spice regarding the experience. But it was done in the spirit of science. lol Laughing
I wanted to have some hard facts, and perhaps they are interesting for you too.

Bye for now

Garfield
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

bluntmuffin
#2 Posted : 2/21/2011 2:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. Thank you very much for this research. Very happy
I have a few questions for you though. When you say 'french press coffee maker' do you mean just a coffee press? Also, do you know how old the bark was (I would assume that yuremamine* would not remain stable in old bark)? Where was the bark sourced from (maybe the different Mimosas are similar in DMT potency, but differ in yuremamine* content - a quick check says that Jurema is made in NE Brazil)?

Maybe the yuremamime* was stuck in the bark (when you say 30 minute extraction and then juice went into the fridge - did you filter off the bark before the decoction went into the fridge? - I believe it's recommend to be at least overnight, but sometimes longer) and the soluble DMT salts went into the CWE, heh.

* - assuming it is indeed yuremamine that caused those CWEs to be active.

Garfield
#3 Posted : 2/21/2011 3:46:39 PM
Sascha

bluntmuffin wrote:
Wow. Thank you very much for this research. Very happy
I have a few questions for you though. When you say 'french press coffee maker' do you mean just a coffee press? Also, do you know how old the bark was (I would assume that yuremamine* would not remain stable in old bark)? Where was the bark sourced from (maybe the different Mimosas are similar in DMT potency, but differ in yuremamine* content - a quick check says that Jurema is made in NE Brazil)?

Maybe the yuremamime* was stuck in the bark (when you say 30 minute extraction and then juice went into the fridge - did you filter off the bark before the decoction went into the fridge? - I believe it's recommend to be at least overnight, but sometimes longer) and the soluble DMT salts went into the CWE, heh.

* - assuming it is indeed yuremamine that caused those CWEs to be active.

Hi Bluntmuffin,

I don´t know if the name french press is right, it is simply the only english (not my native language) word I know for this nice piece. But in order to clarify here is a picture of it:

The bark was at this time 3 month old, but stored cool and dark. I bought it from mhrb.co.uk so it came from brazil.

Regarding the extraction time it might be better to do 2 one hour extractions, like it is stated here: http://www.erowid.org/pl...imosa/mimosa_info2.shtml
But then the ammount to drink and the taste would have been unbearable for me.

Yes I filtered it with the french press, waited a bit to let it settle, filled it in a jar and placed that in the fridge. The next day I decanted it slowly to keep the liquid as clear as possible.

I don´t know if the yuremamine is the cause or other monoamin compounds are overwhelming the MAO, or what so ever. There were definitely indols active in my body without MAOI. Perhaps it was still too weak.
But if I would have done a double 1 hour CWE even more good spice would have been wastedCrying or very sad
So since it was only for my curiosity it was ok.

In Lak´ech

Garfield
Garfield attached the following image(s):
Bodum.jpg (80kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman