We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
i am very against this Options

DubRules
#1 Posted : 9/7/2009 10:58:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

what is the point of all this?
why do we need a dmt "game"?
dmt in itself is all you need.
and thinking that this game will shed light to those who have no dmt experience is foolish.
i feel as though this is taking dmt and reducing it to a stupid online "experience" which will only mislead those who don't use the compound themseslves.
nexus, i still love you, but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/7/2009 11:54:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's just modern art, nothing more.
I mean, how many artists got inspired by mind altering substances? This will be just another expression of the experience, not a "DMT simulator".

soulfood
#3 Posted : 9/7/2009 11:57:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ehm... it's called creativity.

Besides, I've had some really simple trips, like when I was just staring at a piece of fruit with a flashing light in the background.

I'm pretty sure I could simulate that Smile

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 9/7/2009 5:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so i guess you must be against all typed up dmt experiences...this is going to become an experience library..with much more potential than anything written...this whole site is about 'reducing' dmt into our world...the enigmaticus is the next step in trying to better comprehend the experience..IN THIS REALITY
it's a sound

ohayoco
#5 Posted : 9/7/2009 5:16:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DubRules wrote:
and thinking that this game will shed light to those who have no dmt experience is foolish.
i feel as though this is taking dmt and reducing it to a stupid online "experience" which will only mislead those who don't use the compound themseslves.

So what do you suggest, prohibition of Enigmaticus? Pleased
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

burnt
#6 Posted : 9/7/2009 5:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I think its a very nice idea although I have not contributed to this project (i am not artistic in that way). Why you dubrules feel that no one is allowed to have fun when it comes to dmt? Whats wrong with a little dmt inspired art / fun?

gammagore
#7 Posted : 9/7/2009 5:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hehehe, ive been thinking about what the Nexus has been doing with the Projects

Maybe im missing something, what exactly do you mean as this Dmt "game"?

on the side note

Much respect to all that contribute to this mapping of Hyperspace, there is a wealth of knowledge here that you cant find anywhere else, so many people that are thinking on the same wavelength about what DMT really is.

I wish I had a creative side to me, so for the meatime everyone who is able to put down their experinces down, keep em coming.

corridors of my cells
#8 Posted : 9/7/2009 6:10:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I liked the game idea actually, its really about creativity and inspiration besides causing a cultural expand, which can have both positive and negative effects. I already dont fear that every stupid will be a part of this culture oneday coz number of people who has such a mentality is not much.

But if you ask me it should be something more visual than just clicking on rectangles and getting random effects. I dont know what kind of plans they may have in their mind. but if you asked me about my suggestion i would prefer to play a platform or any 2d adventure game running around with your little guy in a village which is near to a forest, collecting plants from the forest getting into some kinda caves or whatever to meet the wise grandpa model for getting quests and learning which plants to collect, turning back to your village to buy chems and try combination of plant extractions (ofcrs should be fictional combinations and stuff just for fun), getting experience to advance level and be able to do harder extractions, and at last be able to use ur product and like if anything is wrong ur health is damaged. may be u go sleep to recover. Razz when you succeed some nice fractal effect or images appear, may be hear a divine speach and then go for special quests, and may be at the last xp level when allowed to make ur best mix, when you succeed and drink then the games over with a very nice fractal animation and u ontact spirits or whatever may be aliens so the script follows due to that. may be aliens coming to get u so ur out of the world (what a happy ending)Razz or u find ur place in another cave next to the wise guys Razz

i mean it should be a little fun and open for any improvements for the further versions or whatever.

Damn what am i saying? imagine 10 years old kids going to woods to collect plants and extract at home after playing the game Very happyVery happy eheheheh

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 9/7/2009 6:51:51 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

DubRules wrote:

Yeah man, don't take dmt that seriously! Sure it is serious stuff to begin with but anyone who takes anything too seriously ends up becoming a zealot...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 9/7/2009 7:45:05 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

corridors of my cells wrote:
But if you ask me it should be something more visual than just clicking on rectangles and getting random effects.

The current 'Enigmaticus' is still a test of general performance and creation an effects that can be used in the final Experience platform (or game as some say).

Check out this page to get more info about what it would be:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Enigmaticus

Hopefully people will understand that it's much more then 'just a game', it's an experience platform where the input of experience reports will open new 'experience levels'. Sometimes it might be difficult to see beyond the ordinary but I can assure you that in this case the end result will be FAR beyond that.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 9/7/2009 8:29:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

Check out this page to get more info about what it would be:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Enigmaticus

ohh thanks for the link havent seen that Smile thats why i said dunno whats the idea in ppls mind coz i didnt know what level of testing is that so ur just tested if the thing is workin yet. thats nice Smile and painting environment with our trips. hell yea! thats sounds a great. this looks like a really nice project then. im dying to be inside the game to paint my trips there lol Razz self morphing space ship ... wow nice ideas really. i already started a thread and posted sum stuff there so i keep posting more stuff Razz

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 9/7/2009 10:17:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DubRules wrote:

Even though, i am not a visual artist myself and wont have anything to contribute......i am very much for collective art collaborations.

Dubrules....like stated before i think your missing the point. Games and art are two very different things but can also be apart of the same.It helps stimulate imagination and creativity, and i know (speaking on behalf of swim) that DMT has definately stimulated that part of his brain. So before you go boooooooooo'ing, try keeping an open mind. Very happy

I'm very interested in see'ing the result of this collaboration beyond the existing template.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

droplet
#13 Posted : 9/8/2009 6:16:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ill talk to some of my friends in game design and see what we can cook up...

Alot of great things going on in the art world right now...

Greenwich village 2.0 id say

go to savannah... go to asheville... go to new orleans...

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 9/10/2009 3:01:22 AM

John Murdoch IV

Infundibulum wrote:
DubRules wrote:

Yeah man, don't take dmt that seriously! Sure it is serious stuff to begin with but anyone who takes anything too seriously ends up becoming a zealot...

True Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

g13juggalo
#15 Posted : 12/25/2009 8:30:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think as long as people realize its not meant to simulate DMT its fine. I mean a drug based game? Fucking sweet.

Oncewas
#16 Posted : 12/26/2009 12:49:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If you need help of any sort, let me know. I have game programming background, have done some design and art, and am a hypeyspacey explorer!

I am for the enigmaticus!

psychosisdoses
#17 Posted : 12/26/2009 1:56:18 AM

Derek

A WITCH!! BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF IT!

g13juggalo wrote:
I think as long as people realize its not meant to simulate DMT its fine. I mean a drug based game? Fucking sweet.

its not a game!
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

live4themusic
#18 Posted : 12/26/2009 8:18:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever played the Playstation game - LSD?

Also, the game "Giant's Drink" described in the book Ender's Game struck me as very psychedelic.

Those are just a couple games I can think of that would be good case studies in psychedelic game design.

psychosisdoses
#19 Posted : 12/27/2009 12:31:44 AM

Derek

Define - allihater
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Not Sure
#20 Posted : 2/21/2011 4:46:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not against this idea, but I feel it cannot accomplish its goals. Hyperspace seems to be in a constant state of flux depending upon the person involved in the experience. I do not think it can be mapped for that reason. And as for trying to convey an experience to another person that has never done DMT would be like trying to describe what you see to a blind person.

Maybe I am wrong but its seems like a cool idea when you only got one foot in this reality.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”