We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IMMUNE to Salvia Options

Seraph
#1 Posted : 2/14/2011 1:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are some people just immune to salvia because I tried smoking plain salvia and it had no effect so I then thought maybe the concentration of salvinorin A is too low so I get out my acetone and make salvia 10x. I then smoke this and have NO effect, I feel angry for wasting money on salvia when I could have spent the money on making DMT which I KNOW works. HOW sensitive is salvinorin A to light, is it extremely, extremely sensitive or just slightly because I think either I'm immune or light or heat killed my salvia leaves.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 2/14/2011 3:08:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Salvia immunity is rare, but possible. Before assuming you are immune to the effects of salvinorin A, you should look closer at your smoking technique, extraction method, etc.

Salvia often exhibits a “reverse-tolerance” – as one’s body becomes accustomed to salvia over a period of time, one can become more sensitive to its effects. It takes at least several sessions, maybe more, before this effect is noticed. Smoking plain leaf one time will probably not produce noticeable effects, even if technique is good.

An extract is more likely to produce effects. How did you prepare your extract? How did you smoke it?

Salvinorin A vaporizes at a relatively high temperature, so a flame must be on it the entire time a dose is inhaled. The smoke should be held in the lungs for at least 20 seconds. Salvinorin A in solution is particularly sensitive to sunlight (UV light) so an extraction done in bright sunlight might reduce potency, but leaves are not affected too much by light.

The effects of salvia are every bit as intense as those of DMT. The experience is unique, and well worth the patience sometimes required to achieve results.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Global
#3 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:16:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Try using a butane lighter. Make sure you're holding in your hit for as long as you can.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

universecannon
#4 Posted : 2/15/2011 7:16:31 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

also, use a gravity bong

good luck

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 2/15/2011 9:26:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I feel angry for wasting money on salvia

Should you continue with this mindset? You decide. For me,
working with Salvia is a long path. It took me dozen trys before I got something from it.

Seraph
#6 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:40:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was using a butane lighter. With my salvia extraction I put 1g of plain salvia leaves in a solution of the acetone-soluble parts of 10g of plain salvia leaves dissolved in acetone, when the acetone evaporated the bottom of my dish was green, did any of the salvinorin A in the solution get stuck to the leaves or did it all stick to the bottom of the glass dish. I know some of the salvinorin A stuck to the dish as the dish is green with all the chlorophyll but did any of the acetone-soluble parts get stuck to the leaves?

I'm going to smoke all the salvia 10x I made and then I won't be buying any more salvia as I don't have the time or money to spend on something which I am extremely tolerant to. I don't want to have to smoke 5mg of pure salvinorin A in order to get the effects someone would get from smoking an average dose of salvia 20x.

Lunaria
#7 Posted : 2/15/2011 2:57:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, it sounds like you've got a pretty regular salvia tolerance to me, I usually refer to people who get effects easily as very sensitive. It took me six or seven sessions (using extracts up to 20x) to notice anything at all, and at least five or six more after that (using up to 45x, although that time with a bic lighter) to get anything beyond disorientation and occasional mad laughter. Only very, very recently have I finally gotten anything truly "trippy" from it, more than a year and a half after I originally attempted to use it, and only once have I gotten the wheel and anything that would actually call a hallucination. I have yet to break through of course, but I haven't given up hope because I know how long it can take to experience the true powers of this plant. If you really want to get there, I would keep on going with it, but know that you may well end up spending a good bit of money along the way.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 2/15/2011 3:17:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Seraph wrote:
...I'm going to smoke all the salvia 10x I made and then I won't be buying any more salvia as I don't have the time or money to spend on something which I am extremely tolerant to. I don't want to have to smoke 5mg of pure salvinorin A in order to get the effects someone would get from smoking an average dose of salvia 20x.

You have no idea if you’re “extremely tolerant” to salvia. Although it’s good to start with plain leaf and work your way up to an extract, many (most?) people don’t get significant effects from plain leaf.

Here’s a true story I’ve posted before:

I introduced a friend to salvia, described its effects, etc. and he wanted to take some home with him. Since he is a responsible person, and I had explained in detail how much he should use, smoking technique, and what to expect, I let him take it. (This was 20X).

A few days later, he called me, saying that he tried it and it had no effect. I suggested he just keep working with it.

A few days after that, he called me again, frantic. He just kept saying over and over, “It was awful, it was awful.” He had a very disturbing experience. I drove over to his house and stayed with him until he calmed down a bit. Before I left, I asked him to show me how much he took, and it was about 4-5 times as much as I suggested.

This was almost two years ago, and he hasn’t had any desire to try salvia since.

You obviously don’t value developing a relationship with this substance, so I’d suggest you don’t take the risk of having a bad experience. Give your salvia away or throw it away.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
You obviously don’t value developing a relationship with this substance, so I’d suggest you don’t take the risk of having a bad experience. Give your salvia away or throw it away.

This. Not to sound offensive or anything, but to me, and obviously gibran, it sounds like you don't really want to cultivate a relationship with this plant. Maybe come back to it when your attitude about it changes.
Seraph wrote:
...I think either I'm immune or light or heat killed my salvia leaves.
IME, NO ONE is immune to Salvia, it just takes time to achieve effects.

Mindlusion
#10 Posted : 2/16/2011 3:51:51 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Salvia takes time and work.

try it salvias way
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Perceptual Reality
#11 Posted : 2/16/2011 5:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.[/quote]IME, NO ONE is immune to Salvia, it just takes time to achieve effects.[/quote]

Well said Smile
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

drob
#12 Posted : 2/16/2011 1:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good advice here for you Seraph. Also, be careful what you wish for with Lady S - she may just oblige and then some Pleased

heavenlypursuit
#13 Posted : 2/17/2011 8:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

drob wrote:
Good advice here for you Seraph. Also, be careful what you wish for with Lady S - she may just oblige and then some Pleased

^^^Nicely put drob. Lady Salvia has probably noted your attitude towards her and simply shut of Salvia land. I think one of the next times you smoke she will teach you a lesson about respecting her. For all the intensity and craziness of spice, I have never had a journey any weirder than a strong Salvia trip. Weird being an understatement!

Just work on your smoking technique. Flame on the salvia the whole time, and hold your hit until you don't exhale any smoke. Then get ready...

Wax
#14 Posted : 2/18/2011 5:24:49 AM

LUVR

wow, its strange to hear that people are having trouble getting any effects from salvia,
the first time I smoked it I had 20x and it blew me out of this world, like nothing I could have possibly fathomed.......
EVER! I haven't even felt that high on spice.
It was total destruction of ego, life, and the fabric of reality as I knew it.
Every time I've smoked it which is at least 40 times I have been obliterated completely.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Saltydawg
#15 Posted : 2/21/2011 1:42:32 AM

pppfff

Chalk up a bong of salvia and you will definately get results.

Your tolerence is interesting though. SWIMs first experience with Salvia was a half joint of 10x. SWIM didn't go very far but far enough to think there were crocodiles on the floor of my room.

Salvia, what an interesting plant.
I am a saltydawg using my master's computer posting fictional posts for another saltydawg that lives in a different country.