We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nexus expansion and the 100'th monkey theory Options

turtleman29
#1 Posted : 9/5/2009 4:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I recently discovered this forum and have been avidly learning much in the past week or two, I decided to register and learn even more and too add to the community. From what I have read the community is growing quite large lately which I find rather alarming and am troubled to be part of this new growth but it seems to me that the key piece to society that western culture rejects is the psychedelic and massive amounts of people are awakening to this at the same time. In the terms that people who never did psychedlics before seem interested to try them lately. Someone who has been taking mostly mushrooms of rather large doses appear to need to accelerate the psychedelic process. Which brings in DMT, I thought of this while pondering the idea of time ever increasing in speed and complexity via terences time wave theory.

Which brings me to the topic of my essay it appears that I am part of this new growth in psychedelic interest and it reminded me of the 100'th monkey theory which you can read for yourself with a quick search on google, but basically insinuates that "Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind" -Ken Keyes Jr.
I would postulate that if we have not reached this critical number already we are rapidly approaching this point, hopefully this time around the psychedelics can be respected both spiritually and scientifically. My only fear is the backlash that our crazed governments take on conciousness expanding substance, and that this will be instigated to its full fury.

At any rate thank you for reading this essay it’s just a crazy thought, and thank you for letting me join and learn as much as I have already they're are many truly wise
people here and I am happy and blessed to be in your company

turtleman29
Anything posted by this member should be treated as the hypothetical ideas of a crazed turtle/man and should not be taken seriously, ever.

Quote:
The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation.

Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 9/5/2009 8:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome 100th monkey Smile nice letter.. i am the 97th monket lol nice to meet u .. yea this forum is full of respect and helpfullness u gonna see in few days im sure... and nice to see the community growing... have a good time Smile

Peace!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/5/2009 8:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome Smile

You've got it; at the same time that the fast growth of this community is alarming and sometimes hard to adjust to, it is also inevitable, so we must accept it and deal with it in the best way. There are also very positive sides, with new good people bringing good ideas and discussions, about which we are happy.

Each one has to try to make their part in increasing the community not only in quantity but quality, and im sure thats what you are also going to do Pleased

turtleman29
#4 Posted : 9/6/2009 3:33:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Each one has to try to make their part in increasing the community not only in quantity but quality, and im sure thats what you are also going to do -endlessness

I can only hope to do so, thats always the work though isn't it. It's just nice to know that there are communities of intelligent sane people left in the world who are working for others too, otherwise I would not have learned as much as I have. Thanks endlessness and corridors I am already having a much better time reading the forum, gives my brain something to do thats interesting. Very happy
Anything posted by this member should be treated as the hypothetical ideas of a crazed turtle/man and should not be taken seriously, ever.

Quote:
The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation.

Terence McKenna

corridors of my cells
#5 Posted : 9/6/2009 6:48:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
welcome Smile
so we must accept it and deal with it in the best way. There are also very positive sides, with new good people bringing good ideas and discussions, about which we are happy.

.....greatest good you can do is to bring back a gud idea because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas, our world is in crysis because of the absence of consciousness.......

RazzRazz

doughman
#6 Posted : 2/18/2011 10:48:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ragabr
#7 Posted : 2/19/2011 2:49:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, turtleman!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

martiemcfry
#8 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:48:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the great intro turtleman, i see myself sharing a lot of similar thoughts about this! I also just recently joined the community after lurking around for a while and it pleases me to see the level of respect, responsability and good spirits around here Smile I also think there's something going on on the lines of a psychedelic (arcaic?) revival and we're the monkeys just waking up at faster rates from all this obscurantism and oppresion. There's also more responsability and will involved to keep this tools on our side to help us keep growing and expanding our awareness. Popularization is not necesarily a good thing, anything could be diluted, corrupted and misused for evil intentions, so we as responsible users should always be aware of the value of this molecules, to respect them and defend them. It sounds much like a relationship based on love, and i think that that's what exactly is Smile

Welcome to the Nexus!

Jamason
#9 Posted : 2/20/2011 8:38:45 PM

Kal'uk - Spirit of the Universe (in Lakota)

I have never heard of this phenomena as the '100th Monkey Theory' but what you describe is exactly my hope for this Nexus community and outward toward humanity as a whole. Healthy evolution is bound to go toward consciousness expansion and multi-dimensional exploration. It makes the most sense to truly understand our brains, our universe and our part in it. If we ever expect to explore the universe, it has to be in a muli-dimensional fashion, not via spaceships in a linear fashion.

Do you agree?
'##:::'##::::'###::::' ##:::::::'####:' ##::::'##:' ##:::'##:
##::'##::::'## ##::: ##::::::: ####: ##:::: ##: ##::'##::
##:'##::::'##:. ##:: ##:::::::. ##:: ##:::: ##: ##:'##:::
#####::::'##:::. ##: ##:::::::'##::: ##:::: ##: #####::::
##. ##::: #########: ##:::::::..:::: ##:::: ##: ##. ##:::
##:. ##:: ##.... ##: ##::::::::::::: ##:::: ##: ##:. ##::
##::. ##: ##:::: ##: ########:::::::. #######:: ##::. ##:
..::::..::..:::::..::........:::::::::.......:::..::::..:::::::::

Saltydawg
#10 Posted : 2/20/2011 11:01:43 PM

pppfff

I have heard of the 100th monkey theory before, which is quite interesting because i just learned that if you put 50 or so ants in a clean box or clean table they will just follow each other in a circle until they die, but if you put a certain amount of ants, the critical number, they'll start forming a colony.
I am a saltydawg using my master's computer posting fictional posts for another saltydawg that lives in a different country.

jbark
#11 Posted : 2/21/2011 1:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ummmmmmmm, no one checked the date on this post?Smile Smile Smile

JBark
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.