We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
High Society: London Exhibition on now Options

Entheojen
#1 Posted : 2/20/2011 9:39:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.wellcomecolle...itions/high-society.aspx
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

xibalbaNOW
#2 Posted : 2/20/2011 10:34:00 AM

The Giddy Aunt

Its been on since November. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=17060

I popped by a couple of weeks ago. Some interesting paraphernalia from the roaring days of the opium trade, and an interesting visual graphic showing the staggering cost of 'the war on drugs' over the past 40 years... basically it has outspent the combined cost of lots of other industries and has achieved nothing.

From a psychedelic perspective there wasnt much of interest - a spinning lamp with colours, and some kaleidoscopic visuals projected from a slide machine. No real coverage of entheogenic or medicinal uses of plants through human history - there was a small piece of tribal art next to a twig on B.Caapi, but that was it.

Overall a bit disappointing but still worth checking out. Personally the most interesting thing present was a computer that asked for you to enter your own drug experiences, positive or otherwise. Totally anonymous of course. Naturally I couldnt resist taking 20mins to punch in one of my most profound DMT experiences. I'm probably going to end up in some follow-up exhibition or something, rambling about obliterating the ego and dancing with impossible fractals in hyperspace. All in a days' work.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST