We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
adding the light Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 8/19/2010 5:36:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

after a couple years of working with vaporizing dmt ive come to point that i just dont care for it anymore. its hard to understand but it just isn't a good comfortable feeling anymore. i even tried an 8 month lay off and after just a few low level sessions this past weekend it was very clear smoking dmt just isn't for me. i thanked the spice for all its knowledge and wonderful experiences but i have said my goodbye's.

i am about to try my first caapi only brew with intentions of getting some experience with ayauasca. i just did 2 dmt extractions this past month so i was thinking id like to use the dmt freebase as an admixture when ive found my sweet spot with caapi.

i wanted to know will using dmt as an admixture feel the same as smoking it? i wouldn't be too comfortable with that.
i also bought chacruna but it seems everyone is so hit and miss with it id rather just use up some of my stock piled spice but i don't want to have a 4 hour smoked dmt experience.

any info is very appreciated.

OM'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 8/19/2010 5:41:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Correct me if this is... incorrect... but... Doesn't the spice have to be in a different form to take orally, like DMT fumarate or acetate, instead of freebase?

You can always brew up some Mimosa, 10,000 years ago old style, in a big pot, exactly as you would cook the Caapi, and drink a wee bit. May be easier to dose that way, too.

One note, though: Ayahuasca brews generally contain lower amounts of DMT because of all the crazy synergies that happen--so start low!! A little bit goes a LOOOOONG way! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/19/2010 5:48:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The effects of an oral administration wont be like the vaporized one. Which doesnt mean it will be 'easier', as oral dmt can be very challenging in a different way, though its rarely as 'in-your-face-going-to-another-dimension' as vaporized dmt. But you should anyways just go on the low end for the first time.. start with 20 or 30mg.. It probably will be little, but better than getting your ass kicked. You can always redose if you want later on during the trip or increase the dmt content in subsequent brews.

oh and, ms minxx, you can take dmt freebase orally too, though it will be harder on the stomach (some people claim its less effective too but in my experience its perfectly effective, just unnecessarily harsh on the stomach). To prevent this harshness, one can just redissolve the freebase spice in an acidic solution like lemon or orange juice, and this will turn it into a salt form. But also notice that a caapi brew will naturally be slightly acidic, so if one adds freebase dmt to it even without adding acid, it will probably dissolve (specially if its warm, and/or with a bit stirring to help) it and be in a salt form, because of the natural lower pH of the caapi brew.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 8/19/2010 6:12:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

thank you both for replying. will pure nn-dmt used as admixture have a smaller spectrum as using mhrb? i still have about 250g of mimosa hostilis on hand as well.

thanks for the warning ms.minxx i have read how powerful and unforgiving these two admixtures can be.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 8/19/2010 7:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not like every journey is going to be a hellride--it's just important to take it slowly and methodically in the beginning, so you can discover your sweet spot without getting burned... because for as scary as they CAN be, these teachers are also illuminating, educating, loving, and inspiring.

It's like having your favorite music on an expensive headset... you don't necessarily want to turn the volume up to 10 so the ears bleed... There will be a spot somewhere that is perfect for you. Pleased

Do report back and let us know how it goes! Smile

And, thanks for clarifying, endlessness. I should learn The Art of Pharmahuasca, in the event I am ever unable to brew but need to speak with god. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#6 Posted : 8/19/2010 1:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Just start slow..and drink often if you like..ayahuasca lends itslef well to regular use..Ive drank 4 of the last 5 nights in a row and been dieting..an had to get up to work at 5am..there is no tolerancy and I just seem t go deeper and deeper..

Start low and raise the dose each time...
Long live the unwoke.

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:08:36 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
It's like having your favorite music on an expensive headset... you don't necessarily want to turn the volume up to 10 so the ears bleed... There will be a spot somewhere that is perfect for you. Pleased

I like that

Mimosa rulz Very happy

Brew up some strong mimosa, Last time I made 20g reduced to 100ml take one sip, see where that takes you, and if that isn't enough for you, which I highly doubt, take another sip, be wary! Smile
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Dorge
#8 Posted : 2/19/2011 6:11:59 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

A simple cold water infusion of MHRB works well too. 15gms is a good start. Swims done 30gm with rue extract... Never again.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

polytrip
#9 Posted : 2/19/2011 8:15:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It's the same but it isn't the same. The longer duration is a benefit in my view, as is the synergy with the caapi vine wich gives a warmth to it that pure vaporised DMT lacks. I think ayahuasca with DMT in whatever form, can allow you to go as far into other dimensions as vaporised DMT, but with a much clearer state of mind. You're more able to fully undergo the experience, it has no knock-out effect to it in any way.

That's not always so btw, i have had a few aya experiences that where pretty blurry, but that's just very rare adn probably had more to do with the state in wich i decided to enter hyperspace than with the brew.

Caapi ads a great level of clarity, wich probably has something to do with it's dopaminergic effect.

jamie
#10 Posted : 2/19/2011 10:42:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Part of the thing with DMT, for me, is that DMT is soo versatile. You can vape it,IM/IV it, snort it, or take it orally with ayahuasca or rue, or other pharma MAOI's..each method will hit in a different way and require somewhat of a different approach. To me me DMT is a very special alchemical tool and working with it is an art.

Working with vaped DMT I see as one of the most demanding methods of psychedelic practice/exploration..it is instantanious and completely overpowering. There is no slow build up to the peak as with psilocybin or oral DMT, and the afterglow is not extended to the degree of psilocybin or ayahuasca. Vaped DMT requires one to be open of they're own will..you have to be commited..it wont work on you to slowly chip away at the ego as you fight the peak, you dont get to sit and peer out the window before you go through the door with vaped DMT. All of this is true of even changa IMO.

I love to smoke DMT..but personally I think there is something to be missed in the absence of ayahuasca, and other oral tryptamines(psilocin specifically). I concider psilocin to be oral DMT. It has all the hallmarks of a DMT experience and seems to be able to do everything DMT can do, just slowed down into an oral experience. Ayahuasca is very similar yet also differs becasue it is based first, on caapi.

As much as I do smoke DMT, I have had periods where I couldn't enjoy it or get much insight working with it no matter how much caapi I added to my changa, and so I worked with mushrooms and ayahuasca instead durring those times and was led into spaces offering much more clarity and coherance. It's not about how deep you go or how fast you get there..it;s just about where YOU are and what you need. We all have our allies.

Personally, I need to work with ayahausca and mushrooms on a regular basis to go along with my changa experiences. I also find that some of my best changa experiences take place after I have taken a full dose of caapi tea, sometimes with admixture. It doesnt matter how much caapi you add to changa, it is not an ayahuasca brew. It is too fast for that. it can take you to the same place, but the sequence of events in a typtical ayahuasca ceremony are missing with changa. Ayahuasca you have this long period that is like climbing a mountain before you reach the peak, yu go through hell to get there at times, you break down slowly and the psychological baggage is addressed..then you get to that place..you have been primed for it and yu are more willing to let go into the experience.

Vaped DMT and changa is like BAM, you are there. You have no roadmap with you, and all your baggage that you carry in this life with you you either deal with before hand with some other form of spiritual practice such as meditation or yoga or you simply bring all that shit with you. Ayahuasca and psilocin are methods of relating to DMT that offer something that vaping and changa does not, so you must do that extra work. Concidering that, in a sense I see vaped DMT as something more suitable to someone with a background in some sort of mental/spiritual practice such as yoga, meditation, martial arts etc..Vaped DMT can be a rough road to walk..but ultumatily, the vista at the top of that trail is fucking beautiful.
Long live the unwoke.