We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
little problem Options

talking monkey
#1 Posted : 2/17/2011 5:41:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I mixed my lye with warm water and it got really hot then I added 500g mhrb. I think i got a lot of alkaloids for it is very gummy with real dark patches (i was almost sure it was soup) My yield was terrible. I am trying to redissolve in VM+P it doesnt want to.

My first extraction was great. I think i got lazy or cocky. I do not have access to tons of chems but I could i please get a link to the easiest re-x.

sorry i am sure this has been done ad-naseum.

I did this when really wasted on sunday huge mistake

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Shaolin
#2 Posted : 2/17/2011 10:09:16 AM

Stiletto Stoner

1. Have you discarded the plant materials and/or the mimosa solution ?

2. What exactly do you have now ?

3. How how is your VM+P ? Do you have MSDS for that product ? Have you used the same product the last time ?

4. Do you have access to heptane (bestine) ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Enoon
#3 Posted : 2/17/2011 12:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

if it's very gummy there's a good chance you just haven't added enough water... it shouldn't be gummy, it should be liquidy, which ensures the solvent can mix well with the mimosa and actually dissolve the suspended dmt. I hear having too little water can reduce yields and also yield other problems like layers not separating well etc. This could be easily fixed by adding more (pre basified) water until it reaches the right consistency.

For cleaning up try dissolving your final product in IPA or Acetone, they work much better - but only if you have a dry product.

My advice for the future: don't do big extractions before you are really sure about your technique.
wasting 100g on a mistake is a lot better than wasting 500g...

hope you can sort it out

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

talking monkey
#4 Posted : 2/18/2011 3:09:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
1. Have you discarded the plant materials and/or the mimosa solution ?

2. What exactly do you have now ?

3. How how is your VM+P ? Do you have MSDS for that product ? Have you used the same product the last time ?

4. Do you have access to heptane (bestine) ?

1. yes had to room-mates bitch about smell, but cool with me doing it.

2. I only have my 4 pulls.

3. same brand and store as last product yes.

4. not sure honestly never looked before

My naphtha had a greenish hue. when i evaped it remainder was orange and there were really dark chocolate blotches very gummy. I had another pull that was liquid still. I scraped and added to other pull. I am evaping it again. I will research heptane availability.

talking monkey
#5 Posted : 2/18/2011 3:24:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
if it's very gummy there's a good chance you just haven't added enough water... it shouldn't be gummy, it should be liquidy, which ensures the solvent can mix well with the mimosa and actually dissolve the suspended dmt. I hear having too little water can reduce yields and also yield other problems like layers not separating well etc. This could be easily fixed by adding more (pre basified) water until it reaches the right consistency.

For cleaning up try dissolving your final product in IPA or Acetone, they work much better - but only if you have a dry product.

My advice for the future: don't do big extractions before you are really sure about your technique.
wasting 100g on a mistake is a lot better than wasting 500g...

hope you can sort it out

cheers & love
Enoon

yeah E it was a mistake my brother wanted some. So I was going to be his sitter and send him home with a bit. 250g was perfect form my set up first time. I was going to try different tek but time pressed with work and such. Wont make that mistake again. I will either use different tek or 250g max. I know its been beaten to death here but if I do a acetone wash will it remove impurities if you could link would appreciate.