We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
smoking DMT and lung health Options

aqimae
#1 Posted : 2/17/2011 9:15:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

just curious to know if there is any relation between smoking/vaping DMT and lung problems?

I have quite acute asthma during spring/early summer when my hayfever kicks in, other than that I have no problems.

This has not stopped me from smoking cigarettes or pot.

I am wondering what chemicals you are inhaling other than just the DMT obviously?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 2/17/2011 9:23:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Assuming your dmt is clean and you vaporize and don't smoke it, it should just be dmt. That being said, if you do a full spectrum extraction then you would be taking in any of the additional compounds you extracted. If you smoke/combust your product, you will be taking in dmt + any of the additional compounds that are created by the burning reaction. As to what they specifically are, I'm not 100% sure...but if you still smoke weed and especially cigs, I doubt you'll find dmt to be especially harsh on the lungs, definitely not once you get your smoking technique squared away.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

justine
#3 Posted : 2/17/2011 9:29:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you vaporize pure DMT freebase (pulled with naphta) you inhale... pure DMT vapor (unless you burn your spice), however if you extract your spice with
an STB tek rather than an A/B your spice will be less pure (contaminated with plant oils for instance).
If you have weak lungs it would be better for you to perform A/B teks (anyway STB have 0 advantage over A/B if you decant the mimosa
soup rather than filter it, I really don't understand why STB are so popular).
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/17/2011 10:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I doubt anything will be as bad as those cigarretes you are smoking Razz

but yeah as others said, if its dmt and youre vaporizing and not burning, it will be just dmt. I suggest getting something like a vaporgenie, its much smoother than other smoking methods ime.

Also, I suggest if you extract with petrochemicals, to redissolve your solvent in something like pure (non-denatured) ethanol or acetone and re-evapping to helping getting rid of the petrochem traces.

aqimae
#5 Posted : 2/17/2011 10:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK.

One batch of DMT I have (I don't make DMT nor have the means/can't find DMT-containing plant material very easily Sad ) is white, clear crystals. When I first got it, it was in shards, I've had it for nearly 2 years now, and since has just been handled such that it's now crushed chunks of clear white crystals. It smells very earthy, that 'dmt smell', I'm assuming

I just ordered another gram from a different vendor, I haven't seen it yet. Is it safe to assume purity from appearance?

And yes, I will be vaporising.

The first time I tried DMT (a small dose) I didn't think it tasted too bad, and that was a waxy, orangy sticky crystal. Nor did I think it was too harsh on the lungs.

Moderator wrote:

Do not talk about dmt sales or purchases in this forum! Please read the attitude page:

โ€ข No discussion is allowed about selling drugs, buying drugs, procuring drugs, prices of drugs or trading drugs. This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed in the Supplier's section are legal ethnobotanicals and legal/unwatched chemical supplys.

And read the FAQ too:

FAQ: No dmt sales/trade talk!

jamie
#6 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:36:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

cannabis actaully feels just as rough on my lungs as mapacho..cigarettes are much worse than both..though I am not a cigarette smoker or regular tobacco user..

After a few days of smoking cannabis once a night just the feeling in my lungs alone is enough to make me want a few days to a week away from it.

With DMT and changa..I dont really notice any lung difficulties..and I smoke alot of it. Get a decent glass bong so you can get it all in one hit, to maximize efficiency and filter through water before you inhale..and dont make changa mixes weaker than 1/1..that way you dont have to use alot of material anyway. I can take 25-50mg easily in one hit from this bong and barely feel it entering my lungs..like inhaling nothing..when I smoke from my small glass pipe it is much hotter and can burn my throat a bit at times and the smoke/vapor is much heavier.
Long live the unwoke.

Xatsh
#7 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:38:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From my experience with Mullein and Coltsfoot you could consider mixing some of either into your tobacco or cannabis mixture to help reduce their harmful effects.

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 2/18/2011 1:16:44 AM

John Murdoch IV

I have sensitive lungs and can't smoke cigarettes and it's hard for me to smoke cannabis. But my DMT is quite clean and I vaporize it and I can hardly feel it in my lungs. Very smooth and my lungs don't complain at all.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!