We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MDPV + harmalas dangerous? Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:17:27 PM

SWIM

So SWIM has found that MDPV since it really isn't "like crack" for SWIM he doesn't have any compulsion to re-dose even during the comedown. For him it's quite gentle

This chemical is interesting to SWIM because he really dislikes sedation REALLY REALLY dislikes it. This is one of the reasons why he has to force himself to smoke DMT and while the experience is very nice, calm and VERY TRIPPY when he combines it with sublingual harmine or THH the sedation is very annoying especially during the comedown and that is what he tends to remember most and it makes him not want to try it when he has the urge to smoke DMT quite often.

While alone Yerba Maté, Coffee (Caffeine) and Hot Chocolate (Theobromine) provide significant and reliable stimulation, when SWIM is tripping he finds that they can be completely lost in the effects and with Yerba Maté for SWIM when combined with any phenethylamine or phenethylamine relatives (Mescaline, The 2c's, methylone, mephedrone) it is completely ineffective even after he has almost comepletely come-down.

MDPV alternatively seems to be reliable, long lasting and very clear in all circumstances but before trying this SWIM wanted to ask if combining it with a RIMA like harmine may be extremely dangerous. He supposes it may potentate the effects of the MDPV but measuring .25mg or .1mg using liquid measurement is no problem. He thinks that the effects would be really amazing to have a non-sedative smoked DMT experience.

Please take any personal views on RC's out of the equation, this is very important to SWIM, he hasn't smoked DMT in over 3 months mainly because of the dreamy sedation which he really hates.

Edit: Any suggestions for taking the sedative edge off in another way would be greatly appreciated too, maybe somebody has experience that would help?

Cheers
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

narmz
#2 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be very careful. MAOI's are not typically friends with stimulants.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:53:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have to second that. My opinions on stimulants aside, combining MDPV with a MAOI could be rather dangerous, even in small doses. I stupidly combined a similar stimulant with a mild MAOI in the past, and it was a harrowing experience.

Why is it that you dislike the sedation so much?

q21q21
#4 Posted : 2/14/2011 12:29:34 AM

SWIM

Dioxippus wrote:
I would have to second that. My opinions on stimulants aside, combining MDPV with a MAOI could be rather dangerous, even in small doses. I stupidly combined a similar stimulant with a mild MAOI in the past, and it was a harrowing experience.

Why is it that you dislike the sedation so much?

Well SWIM enjoys sleeping and laying in bed tired before sleep as a nice meditative state. Out of the place of right before bed sedation feels very annoying and counter-being-awake.

Oddly for SWIM the comedown on MDMA and similar drugs (The couple times he has taken then) is perfectly fine emotionally but the sedation he experiences makes the comedown very negative, when he takes a stimulant he feels perfectly fine and content whether it is coffee, hot chocolate or MDPV.
His testing with LSA was wretched for the reason of sedation and even when he was able to get satisfactory effects the sedation made it a boring experience he doesn't want to repeat.

The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Metanoia
#5 Posted : 2/14/2011 12:41:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Well SWIM enjoys sleeping and laying in bed tired before sleep as a nice meditative state. Out of the place of right before bed sedation feels very annoying and counter-being-awake.

Oddly for SWIM the comedown on MDMA and similar drugs (The couple times he has taken then) is perfectly fine emotionally but the sedation he experiences makes the comedown very negative, when he takes a stimulant he feels perfectly fine and content whether it is coffee, hot chocolate or MDPV.
His testing with LSA was wretched for the reason of sedation and even when he was able to get satisfactory effects the sedation made it a boring experience he doesn't want to repeat.

Well I can understand that, especially when you speak of LSA. That level of sedation can somewhat detract from the psychedelic experience. 4-aco-dmt, in larger doses, will sometimes make me more sedated than I would like. But I enjoy sedation rather than stimulation.

I would just be careful with something as potent as MDPV...

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 2/14/2011 7:32:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even though MDPV doesn't release serotonin in any large amounts such as MDMA and the family do, and the risk of serotonin syndrome is therefore not apparent, it's a very high risk to take. Taking MAOIs with substances that interfere with dopamine and/or norepinephrine can easily lead to a hypertensive crisis, potentially fatal. This is a well-known contradiction for other drugs of this class, including amphetamine.

Heretic
#7 Posted : 2/14/2011 7:41:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'd be worried about potential impurities or breakdown products in research chemicals interacting negatively with harmalas little understood pharmacological profile. Or just the drug itself, harmalas are very sacred and powderful stuff. Experience reminds me of an acquaintance who smoked DOC on caapi and has had nonstop intense "DOC style" visuals since. Makes me wonder about the effect harmalas have on dna/memory binding/bypassing the BBB etc.

Stay safe!
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

polytrip
#8 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:34:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Evening Glory wrote:
Even though MDPV doesn't release serotonin in any large amounts such as MDMA and the family do, and the risk of serotonin syndrome is therefore not apparent, it's a very high risk to take. Taking MAOIs with substances that interfere with dopamine and/or norepinephrine can easily lead to a hypertensive crisis, potentially fatal. This is a well-known contradiction for other drugs of this class, including amphetamine.

besides this, i would also be worried about overstimulation of serotonin receptors, leading to a severe hangover.

Ginkgo
#9 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
besides this, i would also be worried about overstimulation of serotonin receptors, leading to a severe hangover.

MDPV doesn't stimulate serotonin receptors, even though the compound is chemically similar to MDMA and the family. Overstimulation of serotonin receptors is therefore not a problem, but overstimulation of dopamine and/or norepinephrine is (which is even worse).

q21q21
#10 Posted : 2/14/2011 10:19:51 PM

SWIM

SWIM is probably not going to try it. He may try MDPV with smoked DMT and no harmalas sometime soon though

Thanks for the info.

TrustLoveMan
#11 Posted : 2/14/2011 10:36:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just as a quick warning. Please don't snort this crap, especially the really potent, tan stuff. It will destroy your nose and septum. Other than that, I'm not sure what dangers you may be up against, but people do compare this chemical to meth. I wish I never heard of the stuff, but it was reportedly, made to be the potency of methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) times four.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

jamie
#12 Posted : 2/14/2011 10:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i would be very careful here..stimulants and RIMA's can be dangerous and unpleasant, to say the least. That said I enjoy cacao and small doses of mate with harmalas at times..and coca is a traditional admixture to many ayauhuasca brews, as is mapacho..coffee and wayusa is drunk often before as well..have you tried wayusa?..guayusa it is also spelled..it is stonger than mate IME..wayusa for me is stimulating..but beware..it is used for lucid and vivid dreaming as well...

Wayusa is also added to brews traditionally.
Long live the unwoke.

justine
#13 Posted : 2/15/2011 4:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It might be worthwhile for you to try to understand why you can't stand the sedation, it's not like it lasts for hours afterwards. And by the way, couldn't you just vap dmt before going to sleep ? That way
the sedation wouldn't be an issue.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

mattritt
#14 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:16:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't do it, You face very serious medical complications. As well you should think about stopping using MDPV. A LOT of people have been fucking their lives up bad with it as of late. If that isn't enough to get you to stop then I don't know what is. It's not a pretty chemical. Very toxic and can cause long term side effects aswell as extreme dependance. I'm a memeber of an RC forum and they have SEVERAL stickies throughout their forum warning of the dangers of smoking MDPV and how it can lead to psychosis and extreme binging. Be Careful!! And for the love of god DONT USE MAOIS WITH STIMULANTS!!!! Thats rule number 1 damnit!!
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

q21q21
#15 Posted : 2/15/2011 7:39:16 PM

SWIM

Don't worry, SWIM will be careful (already said he wouldn't try the combo) and to date he's never done it 2 days in a row with his max dosage in one day being 14.5mg and he had no urge to redose the next day at all.