We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
less toxic mescaline extraction alternative? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 10/20/2008 2:34:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just wanted to check if any of you folks has tried this>

1. Extract the cactus with pure ethanol 4-5 times (just soak the cactus powder for 1 day for each pull)

2. Evaporate the alcohol, now one is left with a green/black goo containing all the goodies from the cactus.

3. The good part; mescaline salts (i.e. the way it is inside the plant) is insoluble in acetone. So, get the goo and wash it with acetone 5, 6, 7 times. One will be left with a rocky brownish precipitate, presumably mescaline salt. This substance when dried off the acetone became gooey (quite hygroscopic ) but upon total drying it got rock hard.

-- this seems like a way more easy and non toxic approach to extract mescaline from cactus material.

a friend has 350g very high grade dried peruvian torch sitting around but tries to find different ways of extracting it because the usual ways of extracting mescaline all use very toxic solvents and take up a lot of time. that friend is also afraid of filtering the slime out, which is supposed to be a real pain in the ass.

any one got any other ideas? my friend doesn't really need great purity.. a crude extract would be fine so he won't have to gobble down all that slimy cactus.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:30:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

There's no need to make an extract if you have good cacti...

Quote:
What you need are some potent Trichocereus clones (It's like various strians of peppers, some are hot, some are not, some Trichocereus cacti are potent, others are not)

Once you get you a couple potent clones (get a few growing too) heres how you prep' them for use-

1) Remove all spines with a small knife

2) Peel the waxy outer skin off

3) Remove the green layer just below the waxy outer skin but above the white inner core

4) Discard the white inner core, spines and waxy skin, chop and dry the green flesh.

Once the green layer is chopped and dried it can be stored in a bag for about 5000 years (I've got a link if anybody wants to know where I got that number)

If you used potent Trichocereus clones as little as a single tablespoon can give an intense experience.

The green dried "chips" can be eaten as they are, or infused with water (made into a tea).
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

lorax
#3 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:59:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the cacti i have is preshredded and dried fully. its only skin and the tissue from under the skin. what would you recommend as a dosage? i'm lookin for a 350mg experience.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 10/20/2008 4:46:59 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ah, then it may be some good cacti... (Does it still have the waxy skin on? Because that can cause nausea, if so, I suggest a water infusion.)

Start small, leaving the trace compounds will make for a better experience anyway. Start with one tablespoon, that is the most potent I've ever heard of Trichocereus being is 1 dose (around 300mg) per 1 tablespoon of dried green flesh, but it will probably take 2-3 tablespoons.

I'd just do 2 to start with, unless you think this cactus is really powerful.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

lorax
#5 Posted : 10/20/2008 8:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont mind nausea.. its part of the trip i guess.. even pure mescaline in doses 250mg and upwards is supposed to cause nausea. at least thats what it said in pihkal. i've made a kind of tea of it once before. i took 30g of it and cooked it up 5x with 150ml water each time. then i reduced it all down to one glass, filtered the slime out and drank it - NO effects!

might it have been the problem that i filtered out the slime?
should i have gulped it down? because if 1-3 teaspoons is enough i wonder what i might have ended up as if i hadn't filtered it. i heard that a 15cm piece of trichocereus is supposed to be a dose for one person.

1 tablespoon sounds strange to me somehow with what i've heard of dosages an such in terms of cacti.

lorax
#6 Posted : 10/20/2008 8:14:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if 1 or 2 tablespoons is enough i will just try eating it like that. i'll just have it together with some fruit salad.. do you think that could work?

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 10/20/2008 10:29:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
i took 30g of it and cooked it up 5x with 150ml water each time. then i reduced it all down to one glass, filtered the slime out and drank it - NO effects!

Ethier your cactus sucks or you boiled all the chemicals off or something. It only needs a slight boiling. Perhaps this cactus would be best for extraction, but try 3 tablespoons and see what that does.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 10/20/2008 10:46:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Your alcohol extraction will probably work great.

I also urge people not to buy or sell dried Trichocereus as this is what going to get the genus made illegal.

I also encourage people to grow their own (potent) Trichocereus clones and to spread good genitics. If anybody would like more info about potent Trichocereus, Super strains, Cactus prep', or where to obtain potent clones, feel free to PM me.

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 10/21/2008 12:41:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hear the easiest way is just to coffee grind up to 30g of dried, pour a bit down your throat from a spoon or whatever, sip something to swallow, and repeat until it's all gone. You avoid the bitter taste that you get from chewing it (or drinking it, yuck!).
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 10/21/2008 1:26:57 AM

Teotzlcoatl

That's pretty much what I do...

lorax
#11 Posted : 10/21/2008 10:50:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i might try it in a bit of yogurt i have 370g left.. i will save the 350g for extraction and use the rest as it is for checking potency first.