We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
methedrine? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 2/15/2011 12:58:25 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

my friend heard of this stuff any1 had an experience with this he tried the search and nothing came up.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:37:51 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

probably because it's spelled Methedrine

it' a trade name for methamphetamine hydrochloride
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ljosalfar
#3 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:52:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Search again.
SWIY's methAdrine is most likely methEdrine, a brand name for methamphetamine - very potent speed. Poison IMO. Not healthy by any stretch, dangerously addictive and responsible for a social/medical/mental health epidemic in many communities in the US - Dramatized in the movie Winter's Bone. Proceed with a lot more info and great caution. In the opinion of a friend who is a psychiatric nurse with experience on the streets, he reluctantly concluded that the principle of "harm reduction" was not an effective strategy, as opposed to opiate related public health issues. Potentially deadly if combined with MAOI.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 2/15/2011 2:22:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Methedrine is an old trade name for methamphetamine. Maybe your friend is talking about Mephedrone. It's one of those plant food things. A legal high in a lot of places. It sounds really nasty to me. Here's the wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephedrone
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 2/15/2011 2:22:22 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Ljosalfar wrote:
Search again.
SWIY's methAdrine is most likely methEdrine, a brand name for methamphetamine - very potent speed. Poison IMO. Not healthy by any stretch, dangerously addictive and responsible for a social/medical/mental health epidemic in many communities in the US - Dramatized in the movie Winter's Bone. Proceed with a lot more info and great caution. In the opinion of a friend who is a psychiatric nurse with experience on the streets, he reluctantly concluded that the principle of "harm reduction" was not an effective strategy, as opposed to opiate related public health issues. Potentially deadly if combined with MAOI.
L

Thanks for the tip i myself dont really think i am going to being trying it.
And this stuff is legal??

And you say MAOI so you would not suggest ingesting something such as harmaline with it, i myself am just curious for someone elses saftey.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

benzyme
#6 Posted : 2/15/2011 2:50:59 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's legal, relative to mescaline, but it's C-II (accepted medicinal use, high abuse potential).

not worth it, if you don't have narcolepsy.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

LandOfOz
#7 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:00:55 AM

Oz

unless you can get a picture of it, my guess is its 4mmc.

if it has pill stamps it may be someones old meds. very old meds, the only modern Methylamphetamine brand is desoxyn i think.

if its just a pellet its prolly meth/random stims pressed like xtc. or even a batch of X bought that hurned out to just be fake/real speed.

if its a powder its mephadrone, methylone, flephadrone, butylone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or a million of the other rc stims that have exploded into the public eye in the last year.

Lunaria
#8 Posted : 2/15/2011 2:45:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LandOfOz wrote:
unless you can get a picture of it, my guess is its 4mmc.

if it has pill stamps it may be someones old meds. very old meds, the only modern Methylamphetamine brand is desoxyn i think.

if its just a pellet its prolly meth/random stims pressed like xtc. or even a batch of X bought that hurned out to just be fake/real speed.

if its a powder its mephadrone, methylone, flephadrone, butylone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or a million of the other rc stims that have exploded into the public eye in the last year.

My guess would be that DoctorMantus's friend more than likely doesn't actually have a source for "methedrine" specifically, and probably heard of it through the adrenochrome scene in Fear and Loathing or from a friend who heard it from that scene.

As far as actually trying it goes, I would try my hardest to dissuade your friend from finding it, no matter how they intend to use it. I can't imagine there are any drug users with any significant amount of experience out there who aren't at least somewhat familiar with the devastating effects of meth abuse; I wouldn't wish the drug on my worst enemies.

DoctorMantus wrote:
Thanks for the tip i myself dont really think i am going to being trying it.
And this stuff is legal??

And for all intents and purposes, no, this stuff is not legal, it's one of the most hunted street drugs. It's METH - glass, crank, whatever you want to call it. As was said before, the only pharmaceutical form of this still in production is Desoxyn, and if your friend attempts to get this form they will almost certainly fail.