We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Seeking Nature Through Its Bounty Options

Dekrada
#1 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:02:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Where should This begin? What shows maturity and earnesty in the pursuit of happiness in linguistic arts? Especially when dealing with something so beyond the ken of what society at large considers mature?

Rather than tell you all about SWIM and SWIMs history, lets start with whats draws SWIM to the Spice.

SWIM is tired of philisophical skepticism. It used to be that when you would try to make a statement about reality or the nature of things, SWIM would ask you to prove it. However, SWIM has come to the realiztion that using such petty mental trickery to play Devils Advocate to everything has left him with no answers and more questions than he started with. Being the man with no position has left SWIM disheartened and cold. His own methods ruled out any position he may have once had to fall back on, and reality has become indefineable within the scope of waking conciousness. The Spice offers SWIM an opportunity to see existance from a fresh standpoint, as well as an opportunity for personal growth.

SWIM is a 20 year old wanderer of the wasteland of human complacency, USA. SWIM has yet to experience the Spice, and has come to the Nexus for further investion.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

xibalbaNOW
#2 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:28:14 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Welcome. And thank you for a literate introduction - i engaged with every bit of it.

On the matter of philosophical skepticism, I can relate, or at least an old version of the same me can relate. I wont waste this space with histrionics here and now, but if I may I can offer a simple piece of thought: it is perfectly natural to ask for proof when presented with a statement or idea, but in the absence of such proof try to avoid getting carried away with the notion that you're right purely by being in opposition. The position of unadulterated skepticism is no position at all, in my opinion. The creators and purveyors of ideas are always several steps ahead of criticism, in the search for truth at least.

Its fitting then to say, to all you lovers, warriors, night watchmen and flamekeepers, the truth is out there brethren. Behold the light when you might come to find it.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

lacunae
#3 Posted : 2/15/2011 12:22:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there!

Your sentiments certainly resonate deeply with me, being a "20 year old wanderer" myself, and I sense that you are exhausted by those persistent cycles of skepticism. Although I am ignorant to the personal nuances comprising your situation, I understand the insipid fog that envelopes the mind and soul in such a constant flux of existential doubt; it leaves me feeling isolated and cold.

Whatever the case, your cognizant approach to psychedelics, particularly DMT, is mature and will lead you down exciting paths. DMT is undoubtedly a master in the shedding old perceptions - successfully reintegrating these altered perceptions into your "waking consciousness" and learning from them, however, is contingent on your effort. Tread lightly Smile

-edit- I am still incredibly inexperienced with psychedelics, however. I have much growth and learning yet ahead of me...
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

cellux
#4 Posted : 2/15/2011 10:58:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there,

I'd say try to find your own voice and express yourself. Think of yourself as a character in the play of the universe, whose task is to express one particular point of view. If you see the world like this, then there won't be a *real* problem with others expressing totally different points of view. You will learn to see the whole thing as an art process, where various forms and colors interact with each other on a canvas - each is necessary for a perfect equilibrium of the picture.