We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello and A Few Questions for the Professionals... Options

the_Landotter
#1 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:03:49 PM

Johnny Landotter

Hi y'all. First post here, glad to have found this forum. Briefly: I've been interested in DMT for at least a decade and for a long time was convinced that it was impossible to find until whaddayaknow I found some this past summer. Now, I don't have much of it and have no idea how potent it is, and I want to make the best use of what I have, so I have some questions...

1) I have constructed a 'Machine'. I'm not that great of a smoker, even a little weed in a bowl harshes me lungs somethin awful. I'm fairly confident, given the many glowing reports about it, that 'the Machine' will help with this. Are there any tricks, methods of breath control, or anything else that will assist me in getting a breakthru on my initial try? Also, what type of lighter is best used? I've read conflicting reports re: lighter types... regular flame Bic? butane torch? laser torch?

2) Room lights on or off? If on, ambient light or not? Does it even matter? Also, in your experience, is there a time of day or night that is best for travel?

3) Would it be effective or helpful to run a high-dose psilocybin trip in the day(s) leading up to smoking the DMT, to potentiate the experience? I'm a veteran shroomer and am thinking it might be a good way to 'prepare the ground' before hand. Thoughts?

I have like a thousand other questions half-forming in the back of my mind as I write this, so I'm going to stop now while I'm ahead! Looking forward to feedback. And yeah, in case it was difficult to read between my lines here, I'm appropriately terrified of DMT but still can't wait to try it!

Thanks!

Johnny Landotter
ignotum per ignotius, obscurum per obscurious

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:27:18 PM

John Murdoch IV

Welcome to the Nexus Smile The best place to start your journey!

I haven't tried the machine but next time I have some crystals I will. I've heard nothing but good about this thing. I think it's a good idea you try that out. Just be sure you know how to use it.

I would trip in low light condition. Not too dark but not bright. Some candles is perfect but keep them safe distance. And just trip in the time of day you usually feel most alert. I'm most alert around or soon after midnight but some people like to smoke in the mornings.

A psilocybin trip beforehand I think wouldn't really potentiate the DMT but rather the opposite. At least it's hard to trip good on shrooms soon after a trip on shrooms. But if you would do it a week or so before than it shouldn't affect the DMT trip. But it could be a good way to prepare the ground like you said.

My last words of advice: Don't think too much about it, don't read too much about it, just do it. And remember to take that extra rip Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

one thing you need to do..is take the biggest hit you can...and then hold it for at least 20 seconds...it really helps...and then take another...once you get more comfortable smoking it...you can get breakthroughs on one hit...

and SWIM has never had any problems with mushrooms/acid/mdma conflicting with the trip...even if taken the day before...DMT can be smoked all night long...and the next day..and the next day...granted you will slowly get use to taking bigger doses but...it really doesnt have all that much of a tolerance effect...if anything SWIM has gotten more sensitive to it...

all you have to do is commit...just make up your mind that you are going to breakthrough...and dont stop smoking until you cant smoke anymore...and voila breakthrough
it's a sound

the_Landotter
#4 Posted : 10/21/2008 5:44:39 AM

Johnny Landotter

DMTripper wrote:
My last words of advice: Don't think too much about it, don't read too much about it, just do it. And remember to take that extra rip Very happy

Definitely. One thing I try to keep in mind for this is the notion that it won't matter how much I "prepare" for this experience. In that there is no way to prepare because it is a transformative and beyond-expectations experience. So I'm okay with that. It's just that I have what appears to be a small amount of the spice, though the entity I got it from claimed I had enough for several doses... but it looks so small! haha But really I am just unused to smoking my hallucinogens.

the_Landotter
#5 Posted : 10/21/2008 5:45:39 AM

Johnny Landotter

Any thoughts on what is the best lighter type for heating the Machine? Anybody?

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/21/2008 11:27:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

just use a regular lighter...always worked for SWIM

and one last piece of advice....SMILE
it's a sound

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 10/21/2008 3:45:47 PM

The Great Namah

A torch lighter for vaporization (such as the machine) because it does not leave any black soot residue, heats up VERY quickly, and is more controlable (varying the distance varies the heat).

For leaf bed, always a regular bic!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

the_Landotter
#8 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:13:29 PM

Johnny Landotter

A torch lighter it is! Thanks y'all!