We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
open or close your physical eyes during DMT experience? Options

sleepsleep
#1 Posted : 8/13/2008 9:22:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

this thought pricks me,
are your physical eyes open or close during the DMT experience?
anyone saw the differences between the 2 states?

or, could you control like (open or close) physical eyes during DMT ex.?

or anyone got recorded video, during he/she experiencing with DMT?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

adrian89987
#2 Posted : 8/13/2008 9:27:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have no idea about my eyelids really during a full breakthrough

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 8/13/2008 11:13:19 PM

John Murdoch IV

adrian89987 wrote:
I have no idea about my eyelids really during a full breakthrough

Ditto!

I have no clue that I have a body with a head that has eyes Razz

No seriously I think my eyes are always closed but I wouldn't really know without asking someone to observe and then tell me Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Viracocha
#4 Posted : 8/13/2008 11:28:04 PM

..still lc..

Yeah same here, about 2 minutes in my brain always kicks in and says "hold on, i can feel they're closed, how can I be seeing? oh yeah, dmt, that's right"

Eitherway, i always close them
Smoke enough and open eye visuals make no sense, close your eyes and now you can see

XENONSION
#5 Posted : 8/14/2008 1:41:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can't control them during a breakthrough dose. They just seem to flutter as if i were a dog that's dreaming. As the peak calms down, i am able to open them or close them, and i get crazy visuals both ways. Although opening them early seems to put the brakes on the trip, and keeping them closed the visuals tend to carry on for a bit longer. Just do what comes natural and enjoy.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 8/14/2008 11:34:37 AM

JC

Coschi wrote:

Smoke enough and open eye visuals make no sense, close your eyes and now you can see

Totally agree with that, that happened to me the other night, though I cant remember parts and my g/f said I looked blind but they were open, but it was very confusing much better with eyes closed, but as DMTripper says if you smoke enough you dont know either way

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 8/14/2008 11:58:01 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

So true, the first thing SWIM noticed when first time on dmt was that he thought that his eyes were wide open, while in fact they were shut. The second was that he had the feeling that he was not breathing, but that didn't bother SWIM at all!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

extrememetal43
#8 Posted : 8/14/2008 1:36:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the feeling of your eyes is awesome. they do feel like there open when there not.

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 8/14/2008 1:47:27 PM

The Great Namah

I always close them. Open eyed on high doses gets confusing and jittery. During a breakthgouh if I open my eyes I see the exact same scene as with my eyes closed, just with some background.

Behind closed eyelids is where it is at.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Viracocha
#10 Posted : 8/14/2008 11:50:40 PM

..still lc..

there's always an exception to the rule (pretty sure i've told this before, but what the hell i'll tell it again)

long time ago i loaded up for a big hit, i'd had a little too much to drink though. Smoked (easy breakthrough level), lay back, huge wave of nausea came over me and I knew I had to sit up or else. I sat up quickly with my eyes wide open and panting heavily trying to recover from that feeling. Funny thing was that my room didn't look any different at all, like i hadn't even smoked. Then all of a sudden a massive sphere appeared and inside where about 30 blue aura entities running hectically around a 20 meter tall egyptian statue. They clearly didn't know what was going on or where they were. One rushed up to me and seemed to ask me a question but i was doing the whole jaw hanging drooling thing; he realised this guy can't help him and continued to run around. After a few minutes the sphere turned black and imploded.

Eyes open the entire time, and besides that vision I really wasn't hallucinating at all
I enjoyed it Very happy

Thinkers_Corner
#11 Posted : 8/15/2008 12:42:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coschi wrote:
Then all of a sudden a massive sphere appeared and inside where about 30 blue aura entities running hectically around a 20 meter tall egyptian statue. They clearly didn't know what was going on or where they were. One rushed up to me and seemed to ask me a question but i was doing the whole jaw hanging drooling thing; he realised this guy can't help him and continued to run around. After a few minutes the sphere turned black and imploded.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Jeez! Good story.
think.

modsquad09
#12 Posted : 8/15/2008 6:49:20 AM

mods

last time i opened my eyes i saw honey combed netting of energy covering my room like Coschi's avitar pic
I closed my eyes again & was still there.
It was pretty strange
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 8/18/2008 7:08:09 PM

The Great Namah

Ha, that reminded me of one time I took my fourth took and all of a sudden heard running water.

Somewhere in my mind I thought that the apartment was flooding!!! I got up and stumbled to where the sound of running water was coming from. Apparently my 55gal fish tank was running a little low on water and the top filter was really loud. However in my DMT confusion I saw little aliens popping out from every corner... I figured they were messing with the tank of purple water and spilling out water. I walked up to the filter and spent the next 4 minutes of my voyage tinkering with this strange alien device...when I started to regain my senses I couldn't help but laugh my butt off. It was pretty funny at the time.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Viracocha
#14 Posted : 8/19/2008 12:10:59 AM

..still lc..

Laughing nice one ya silly fool

Infinite I
#15 Posted : 8/19/2008 12:34:07 AM

JC

modsquad09 wrote:
last time i opened my eyes i saw honey combed netting of energy covering my room like Coschi's avitar pic
I closed my eyes again & was still there.
It was pretty strange

Ive had that quite a few times and also once with rue and mimosa, it was like gridded over the whole room kind of breathing swaying as it does.

Dwhitty76
#16 Posted : 8/19/2008 12:37:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant imagine getting up and messing with any mechanical device.Whenever swim tries to stand,his legs get all wobly and is way off balance.Swim can barely speak a whole sentence for atleast 15 min and his hand/motor skills have gone out the window.Swim turned a friend onto spice and he was GONE but he started to get nauseous and he was able to think that he didnt want to puke on swims floor (very thoughtful) and tried to stand to make it to swims bathroom.I was amazed that he was able to stand and then swim and another took him by his shoulders to the toilet.Swim felt so bad because he was really high.He turned the water faucet on to splash water on his face and as the water was running,he asked us too "make it stop" (talking about the running water).The whole time he said he was seeing beings,and flashed to different points of his life and somehow was also in the ocean,while all this was going on?!?! Swim cant even get out of his seat.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

flyboy
#17 Posted : 8/23/2008 2:01:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love closing my eyes and watching the show.. it's very odd, as if there is a DJ controlling a light show.. for example, i could be watching purple and yellow spirals and then for no reason whatsoever BAM the whole scene turns dark red and checkboard... the scene will switch every 15 seconds or so. I find it very relaxing 'in there'.

monkeyboy
#18 Posted : 10/21/2008 4:28:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim discovered that there is a certain amount of light required behind closed eyes that will milk the trip out even longer.... somewhere in between pointing his closed eyes towards direct light, and looking away from it

dimitrius_rexus
#19 Posted : 10/21/2008 4:53:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
The second was that he had the feeling that he was not breathing, but that didn't bother SWIM at all!

yup, not on SWIM's first but SWIM has had that happen. Such a strange feeling, it felt like SWIM didn't need air. Im sure SWIM was just in the middle of something. :>
All of my posts are fiction.

Noetic
#20 Posted : 10/21/2008 8:15:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I laid back and after a massive dose and drinking beer and a few nitrous balloons and food all day, I sat up really fast and yacked. I remember looking down and seeing myself puke all over myself on my knees and arms and hands and I was trying to collect it all and keep it from hitting the floor. Evidently, according to my trip giver...I only puked a little bit and he caught it in a hat. I had like 2 drops on my cuffs, thats it. I was convinced I not only puked gallons all over myself and teh floor but at one moment I though I might have pissed myself. Once i could move and talk and recover I was fine, no pee, no puke all over, just a napkin in one hand and a foam cup of water in the other. I sat there holding the napkin he gave me doing nothing with it. Not wiping my face or anything , jut holding it for dear life. The cup of water didnt even make sense. I didnt even thinkk to take a sip, I just held it for 20 minutes. lol. So yeah..ummm..I thought my eyes were open, but whatever I saw didnt really happen that way so who knows. Maybe I just felt or assumed I puked all over myself cuz my eyes were closed and my brain made teh visual of what would happen had I puked all over instead of just a little bit. I saw no hat... no one catching my puke in the hat or anything else.. Diddnt even know about teh hat until I was coherent and he told me he caught it all in a hat and tossed it out the trailer.lol. Guess I owe him a hat..lol Its a good thing I was wearing my gucci Visor and not my gucci hat that night.lol.

12NEXT