We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
BLAB - disappearing Limonene Options

Attention All Shipping
#1 Posted : 11/9/2010 8:29:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been using naphta & other noxious chemicals for a while but having seen the BLAB tek, & having some Limonene handy, I thought I'd give it a try.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._-_The_Big_Leisurely_A/B

I've been following this to the letter but have run into a snag - after adding to the gallon jar & mixing the limonene seems to be disappearing. I put in 150ml of Limonene the other day but had to leave overnight (sealed tightly) before pulling it off. When I tried there was no Limonene to seperate. I've now added another 100ml, about an hour+ ago, but find that the solvent layer is a lot thinner than when I first added it & before mixing. being thin its very difficult to pull off.

Has anyone experienced this?

I've also noticed that the MHRB solution is rather thick - thicker than with Nomans tek - could it be retaining the Limonene?

Any ideas?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/9/2010 8:40:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah it could... try diluting it more with water.. Also maybe putting the whole thing in warm bath can help (dont put it too tightly closed if you warm up so that no pressure is created)

Ice House
#3 Posted : 11/9/2010 8:46:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Your Basic MHRB solution should be a slurry it should be a fluid, so yea, like endlessness said add more H20. The D-limo and water will not mix. I believe if there is not enough water in there the d-limo will absorb into your blob of basic bark. You need enough water to give the limonene something to float on. make sense? Once you get the water in there like endlessness said, warm it up a bit. You'll get it all back.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Attention All Shipping
#4 Posted : 11/9/2010 9:08:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great, thanks guys.

I've just added 250ml & I'll see how it is in a little while & if I need to add some more.

sigmundfreuid
#5 Posted : 11/9/2010 9:18:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Disapperaing limo could be due to the fact that you might have shaken too hard,its a common mistake.The best way is to roll your container on legs and your stomach gently so
the limo doesnt splash.Heat could be helpful but it can also release unwanted oils into your limo.The best thing to do is to leave your container next to a source of gentle
vibration like your computer.Leave it there for a day or two and your lost limo should resurface.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

Silver Cloud
#6 Posted : 2/13/2011 4:53:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is working on their first extraction and their limonine disappeared too! Endlessness gave great advice and suggested splitting the main jug into two more jugs and putting more NaOH into them. So SWIM put 500 g of NaOH into water and let the reaction happen before splitting that into the two jugs. I did that and tumbled them each once gently then started with the first jug and added about 150-200 mL limonine. SWIM tumbled gently for an hour and waited about 24 hours and I was able to get a pull off! This was the case for both separated jugs and it worked like a charm. Good luck!

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 2/13/2011 5:23:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is pretty common. Just wait, it will come back up Smile