We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Time Caapi Extraction Options

Psychic Head
#1 Posted : 2/12/2011 9:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought four ounces of powdered white caapi vine and four ounces of Caapi leaves!

With the powdered vine I plan on using a modified Herbal percolator using cheesecloth instead of cotton below and above the vine while pouring the water. For the liquid, I plan on using approximately 4.5-5 gallons of water acidified with a half-liter of 5% white vinegar. From this pull I will reduce the liquid to about a half-liter. Then, I plan to follow the Caapi extraction TEK on the Wiki.

With the dried Caapi leaves I plan on making a wonderful changa. I will make a changa with just spice and then a batch of changa with both spice and the aforementioned Caapi extractions. I also want to reserve some of my Caapi extractions for sublingual potentiation of my spice. Any hints or guidance?

I've ordered my MHRB from a supplier I've used twice previously. I have my Caapi products; Mr. Postman, hurry with my mimosa! I'll restudy the full harmaloid extraction to completion tomorrow!

Everything posted here is hypothetical in nature and represents only the ramblings of an aspiring fiction-writer (d)elving into character study for fame and monetary gain. None of the above has ever happened nor is intended to be taken at face value.

Psychic Head

And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of manβ€”Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

Doctrine and Covenants 89

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

heavenlypursuit
#2 Posted : 2/13/2011 2:27:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome man. To me, caapi is the apex of plant teachers. Sounds like your extraction technique is sound, and your caapi is good to go. You might find yourself having a bit of trouble filtering the powdered material, but it's not a problem with a little perseverance. You should definitely look into getting whole or shredded vine next time, rather than powdered. It makes the whole extraction process a lot easier, and I swear I always get way better yields with shredded vine.

You will love the changa man. Words can not describe the fantastic journey it will take you on. Here's a suggestion on what to do with some of your leaves and bark...
Make 10x or 20x caapi leaf extract. It's easy. For 10x, soak 9 grams of your powdered bark in 99% IPA for at least one week. Shake the jar a bunch of times during the waiting period. Once the time has passed, simply strain and filter the IPA from your bark, and dissolve onto 1 gram of leaf for 1 gram of 10x leaf extract. For 20x, just soak 19 grams in IPA instead of 9. Once you've got that done, infuse caapi extract with some full range spice for an experience you will not soon forget.Cool
Happy journeys!