We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Separation Frustration! Options

Silver Cloud
#1 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:00:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am doing the straight to base. I added the Sodium Hydroxide into the vinegar/MHRB mixture (which sat for a couple days). I added in the 100 mL D-limo and was able to get a decent pull after 24 hours. I then added in another 100 mL and after 24 hours there was not enough separation to pull anything out. I was then recommended to add in some more sodium hydroxide, which I did. Then, after 24 more hours there was still not enough to pull from. Any suggestions or advice?! What might have gone wrong and how can I fix it? The DMT is just floating around in the bottle and I want to get it out! Very happy

Thank you beautiful people!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Spock's Brain
#2 Posted : 1/26/2011 2:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Add some more solvent, that way there will be more to separate out?
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

endlessness
#3 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:11:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you know how much solvent there is on the top as opposed to what you originally put? if its much less, then its probably too thick, better dilute the whole thing with more water (and lye, keep the pH up to aid separation). Otherwise if its just a matter of your container being too wide and therefore the layers being too thin, then first separate crudely into a tall thin container, dont worry about having some mimosa come across... then in this wide container separate again accurately.

Also check the FAQ, on emulsions and also best ways to separate layers

Good luck, tell us how it goes!

Silver Cloud
#4 Posted : 2/13/2011 1:57:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you two!

SWIM separated the mixture into two gallon jugs and added more NaOH. I got plenty of pulls of of each! Whooop hoooot! Smile

But now another problem has been found.... there are three jars with the pulled d-limo. FASI was added and one of the jars is forming beautiful crystals on the walls but the other two just have thin crystally things floating at the bottom of the jar. It has been a couple days and nothin new is happening. What are the thin crystal floaty things at the bottom? Are they weak dmt-fumerate crystals? Suggestions?

Smile Enjoy the sunsets and sunrises.

=========================================================================================
This post holds no truth in it.