We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Well, I have not written an essay in decades. Options

anunnnakian
#1 Posted : 2/7/2011 12:14:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyways, here I am strolling around and figured I should make an account as I seem to have a few tek's bookmarked from here for future reference. This site seems to have some info I am missing from my regular place(The Shroomery). Or at least, better laid out for me in these subjects I should say.

Kicking back at 34 years old (now 35) and realizing, I am missing something in my life that was once there 12 years ago. I am kind of a recluse and seem to avoid meeting new people, I thought I better take things into my own hands. While learning about mushroom cultivation I was amazed at what the internet had to offer. Some things where strange and others where eye opening. I learned that there is a bunch of RC stuff out there, not my thing. I leaned that blotter can also be layed with some other chems like (or only) DOX. None of those sounded pleasant at all. While reading more and more I learned about a wonderfully sounding thing called Dimethyltryptamine.

I read up on this interesting sounding substance. I even bought Dr. Strassman's book and read that with more interest than I have read any book over the last year or so. Now back in my early days the internet was not as accessible as it is today. So places like this are great in my eyes. When I browsed through the forums here the other day I also noticed something else which I was just starting to look into. That being the entheogens section, mainly the cacti forum.

There are few things I will put into my body. The one category of substances though are psychedelics. Back in the 90's I had my share fair of LSD and a just a small taste of mushrooms. Today, after a 12 year psychedelic sobriety, I just don't find LSD reasonable, considering the inflation between the 90's and 2010. The price is just to unjustified to take the kinds of doses I took in the day.

Which leads me to exactly why I am here. I feel this forum has the info that I need with out the BS of other sites. Don't get me wrong I love the other site I am a member of, it is fun laid back and some really smart peeps. The Nexus just seems to have what I am missing elsewhere laid out nicely for my reading pleasure.

Looking forward to learning more.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SlippyJ
#2 Posted : 2/11/2011 7:01:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome.

I can relate to much of your story, including age, past use, reclusion etc... I have been dabbling in these waters for some time now, and would only like to pass on that SWIM found DMT to be unlike any past psychedelic experience SWIM has ever encountered. While it seems to have been said a lot, SWIM has a hard time labeling DMT a drug, but rather someone, a process, a portal, an intelligence, or who knows what. Words and language fall pitifully short in describing it, yet it is not cheapened by the inability to be condensed into language.

I too am looking to use this forum to reach out to the other recluses, questioners, explorers, and seekers. I hope you find what you are seeking on this path... for me it has somehow provided validation and security beyond my imagining.

A curious yet open mind, pure heart, good research, good dose, and a bit of courage will take you far. How far is ultimately up to you.

Happy travelsSmile
There exists precious little outside that in which you believe, and thus choose to see.
~SlippyJ