We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
did anyone here post this re: Scientific American? Options

cker
#1 Posted : 1/19/2011 4:43:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a 'healthy' debate regarding last month's Scientific American article on the recent medical use of psychedelics. One of the comments may not include the latest facts but the guy sure has the 'religion'.Wink Check out the thread here: Scientific American hallucinogens as medicine

Here is the spice related comment on the SciAm website:

dandan1234
12:26 PM 1/13/11
The most powerful psychedelic drug known to man... is naturally in EVERYONE'S brain.
It's called DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine).
It's what cause you to dream at night.

It's totally illegal, but yet everyone use it every night, everyone take it for granted, you go to sleep and dream then you wake up and forget about the dreams, they don't know they go through a psychedelic trip while they sleep, you don't reflect very much why you actually dream, how comes your brain works in this strange ways while you sleep?
It's a psychedelic drug.

DMT is thousands and thousands of different plants everywhere, it's in thousands of different animals and also every human being.
It's produced in your brain by your pineal-gland.

You can call me a druggie now, you are one too.
I hope you understand the difference between drugs now.
The most powerful psychedelic drug known to man, you been under it's influence without knowing.

Dreaming is not bad, it's what keep everyone somewhat sane in this crazy world.

The experience from DMT most powerful experience you will ever go through. It will temporarily remove your ego and you will see everything in a way you can't understand until you experience it.

Read the book "the spirit molecule".
Do your own research about DMT.

If you are the lazy person listen to Joe Morgan, he explains it in a ordinary guy way easy for you.

http://www.youtube.com/w...zEE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxTc69tuOBA
http://www.youtube.com/w...aeI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyc12-neTjM

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 1/19/2011 5:03:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

heh, rantings of a misguided idealist.
dreams represent surreality, not reality.

Joe Morgan was was a baseball player for the Houston Colt .45s
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

sameoldsongam
#3 Posted : 1/19/2011 8:43:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha. The way this is written (see bad grammar) and "Joe Morgan" make me think this is satire. But then again it seems a rather small audience that would see it that way. Who knows?

Enoon
#4 Posted : 1/19/2011 10:39:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

*sigh*
More eloquent posters speaking up on this, rather than rantings such as the above, are needed. I don't think unscientific mumbling without grammar will help the cause.
But then, I wouldn't really know what to say either. Plus a lot of the comments were actually pro-psychedelics and worded well. Interesting. I mean there were only 2 posts that were kind of against it, one of them clearly just provocative and angry and the other with a point that a lot of people seem to share, but kind of misses the point of using psychedelics. he says: "drugs are a cheap way to have a spiritual experience". Well having a valuable experience and having a spiritual one are IMO two different things... Anyway maybe someone should post something there as well. Unfortunately I can't read the whole article...

well, thanks for this in any case.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Dr_Sister
#5 Posted : 2/11/2011 12:40:16 AM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

sister thought there were a number of very intelligent posts following the article, it made her proud

Apoc
#6 Posted : 2/11/2011 2:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the article is so short I don't know what to say about it.