We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello unmet friends Options

neZ
#1 Posted : 2/6/2011 8:43:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My posting name backwards is Zen because I believe meditation is the only thing, besides psychedelics, that makes be feel like a human being, by separating me from the distractions of everyday life in an advanced western civilization.

I have been lurking the forum for a while now and am really enjoying the tone here.

I have yet to experience spice because I feel I still have much to learn about this interesting tryptamine.

My experiences with phenethylamines are more encompassing, and I hope to be able to offer my subjective opinion in some of the intellectual threads here.

How many posts do you need before you can post on the entire website, as I have an interesting video I would like to share?

Thanks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/6/2011 10:34:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus!

I understand that western civilization often feels like missing an existential depth and that psychedelics or other techniques may help us connect to something it seems we've forgotten, but please do not let this lead you to a dissociation from normal life. In daily life is when we can test ourselves and put in practice all the lessons we have learned. "Normal" people can help us learning more about ourselves, and there is a lot to learn with our normal duties. Dont forget to keep that balance and not go to the other extreme just because of the flaws you see in the western world and create a big abyss between you and everybody else.

Regarding how many posts, if you check around the Nursery and the welcome pm you receive, you'll see its not really about number of posts, quantity, but rather quality. We want to make sure people that are promoted have understood and respect our attitude. Just be patient, the nursery is a very active area of the forum and posting here is not a burden, people will read just the same. Feel free to post here and once you get promoted if desired and reasonable your thread/post can always be moved elsewhere to more appropriate places.

What phenethylamines have you been experimenting with? What bout tryptamines?

neZ
#3 Posted : 2/7/2011 8:21:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello endlessness,

I understand what you are inferring about dissociation from "normal life", as that usually leads to isolation, which is no good. My current approach to psychedelic use is pragmatic. If using drugs causes my perception of my quality of life to go down, then it is time to stop. The main problem with a pragmatic approach towards drug use is that my perspective is altered by the drugs. That extra variable makes my frame of observation even less constant than that of "normal" people.

Also I'm not sure about you, but "normal life" is not appealing to me. People who have no capacity for living in the now, living for future expectations. That is my current perspective of "normal" people. My entire life I have found it very hard to find like minded people. This often leads me to isolation, which I realize is a bad form of disassociation. But choosing the lesser of two negatives is still is not enough to get me going with the herd. I would rather start my own herd, or find one with a similar perspective to mine. Wink

This is why I am so thankful for the internet and forums like this.

As far as phenethylamines I have experimented with the 2C family of research chemicals, as well as MDMA and mescaline. Though I have gotten a lot from these chemicals, I do not have much to offer anyone else beyond my subjective interpretation of my subjective experiences.

Anyway I gotta get going but I will post that video in another thread later today. (its a theory on how our universe may have come from nothing, total energy=0)

Take Care