We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Rue Seed Extraction Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:00:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

depending on how much water you added, it wont be saturated enough with salt and therefore no (or little ) harmalas will precipitate

in that case bring to boil and saturate with salt and into the fridge again.

If it does precipitate, you should be fine, just retrieve the precipitates. You can always anyways try heating the liquid up and dissolving more salt and into the fridge again to see if more precipitates.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#22 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:51:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Skipping manske would mean your final product has Vasicine, Vasicinone and desoxyvasicine (which is why manskes are done, to remove these alkaloids). They are not MAOIs, and they have uterotonic/abortifacient properties. If you are a male, this might not matter much, but please do not give that product to any pregnant female, and even non-pregnant females might experience some negative body effects, as some anecdotal evidence seems to point.

Appart from this, im not sure how toxic they might be. Shulgin seems to think they should be avoided but he says it out of intuition and not facts. I made a thread about it:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=15165

So if for you its working fine, thats cool do as you please, just be aware there are more alkaloids there so be extra careful with any medication interaction, as well as be specially careful giving to any females

childofthetao
#23 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:32:01 PM

Calvin

Well I left it over night, and there is quite a bit of "stuff" at the bottom of the liquid, I don't think it's salt as there was nothing visible when I put the jar in the fridge. I'm filtering now.

One question I forgot to ask earlier, how can you tell if the salt is dissolving when you are adding it trying to supersaturate the liquid? It was too thick to see through, I had no idea how much salt had dissolved nor was left to dissolve, that's why I put too much in. How do you do it?

endlessness
#24 Posted : 2/4/2011 1:34:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I try to explain (and put a pic) how to do it here, see if the explanation helps

childofthetao
#25 Posted : 2/4/2011 4:31:02 PM

Calvin

That is some fantastic work you've done there. You made it clear what I should do, and next time there won't be a salt problem.

Even though I used a pillow case, filtering this stuff through a coffee filter is taking aaaaages...

Crystalito
#26 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:45:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Even though I used a pillow case, filtering this stuff through a coffee filter is taking aaaaages...

I "found" (its...not much of a finding!) a simple workaround that works wonders for me for difficult to filter materials. First, filter gradually from coarser to finer filters (for example i would go cotton-> coffee filter -> lab filtering paper) and second i put filtering in my "dead" time. Simply i leave it to filter while i am out or while i am sleeping: this way it might take "aaaages" but im not there to notice, i ignore it since i am not in a position to keep checking it every five minutes! In this case "if ignorance is bliss, then i am orgasmic" Laughing

childofthetao
#27 Posted : 2/6/2011 1:06:42 AM

Calvin

Thanks for the tip, but it's almost done, I'll bare it in mind though.

I have another question though,there was a lot of stuff in the bottom of the jar, I poured out most of the liquid to be filtered but left most of it in the jar with a little liquid that was too hard to pour off. Now I poured all that onto a plate to dry, but seeing as it's water I figure it's going to take a while, can this go in the oven on a low setting to evaporate the water quicker? Or will that kill the alkaloids?

childofthetao
#28 Posted : 2/6/2011 2:49:30 PM

Calvin

Well I put the plate with the alkaloids and water under the grill and forgot about it so it looked a little burned (only a little, the grill was on the lowest setting and not all the water had evaporated).

Do you think this damaged the alkaloids?

PREV12