We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Failed extraction help Options

Cosmic Rift
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so swim is new to extracting DMT and needs some help. He followed this tutorial: http://www.shroomery.org...89233/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/54

SWIM didn't have a scale available so he could only be certain of the fluid measurements. Approx. 6-7 tbsp of Lye were added to 600 cc's of water. After it sat for a bit he added approx. 100 grams of powdered MHRB to the mixture. SWIM let it rest for a day and then added 150 cc's of VM&P Naphtha. After letting the mix settle for 24 hours (and after continuously agitating it), SWIM siphoned the Naphtha into a small glass mason jar and stuck it in the coldest part of his freezer.

He let it sit for around 24 hours before taking it out. He could see some DMT had formed but much to his surprise, it was relatively nothing! So now he's asking you guys if their is anything he can do to claim the DMT. He hypothesizes that he possibly didn't add enough lye and wonders if he should add more?

Please let me know your guys' thoughts on this.
Anything said by this account, "Cosmic Rift", is complete and utter bullshit. In the event that it's not completely made up then it is a lie, exaggeration, or I am caught up in the act of role playing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:50:50 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

This Tek looks very familiar to nomans Tek if you haven't checked that out after adding Naphtha did you agitate about 3 to 4 times and you did put the naptha collections in the freezer yea? Because if you used 100g of MHRB you should have gotten some of large yield i think if you continue to have problems i would suggest q21q21 Tek 2 its a very simple tek and easy to learn your steps of acidification and basification and all of that stuff.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Wave Rider
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the naphtha was cold (or cool) when you first added it to the mix, this can be a factor. Try warming the naphtha before adding it to the mimosa/lye soup. This may help. You can warm it sufficiently by heating a pan of water, then place your naphtha (in a glass jar, cup, shotglass, whatever) into the pan of water. Let the water heat it. In fact, it may be prudent for you to set the mimosa/lye soup jar in there as well. Be careful though, as glass has been known to crack when rapidly changing temperatures. May be best to place the jars in room temperature water, then slowly heat it, all together. Spice is considerably more soluble is warm naphtha than cold naphtha. If the goodies are in there, warm naphtha will get them. Also, it wouldn't hurt to add a little more lye.

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

Cosmic Rift
#4 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:37:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wave Rider wrote:
If the naphtha was cold (or cool) when you first added it to the mix, this can be a factor. Try warming the naphtha before adding it to the mimosa/lye soup. This may help. You can warm it sufficiently by heating a pan of water, then place your naphtha (in a glass jar, cup, shotglass, whatever) into the pan of water. Let the water heat it. In fact, it may be prudent for you to set the mimosa/lye soup jar in there as well. Be careful though, as glass has been known to crack when rapidly changing temperatures. May be best to place the jars in room temperature water, then slowly heat it, all together. Spice is considerably more soluble is warm naphtha than cold naphtha. If the goodies are in there, warm naphtha will get them. Also, it wouldn't hurt to add a little more lye.

Hey, thanks for the replies! Very happy

The naphtha is already back in with the mix. Should I siphon the naphtha out? Or should I just go ahead and warm it up all together? I also plan on adding an extra tbsp of lye, let me know how this sounds.
Anything said by this account, "Cosmic Rift", is complete and utter bullshit. In the event that it's not completely made up then it is a lie, exaggeration, or I am caught up in the act of role playing.

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:40:38 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I would keep that naphtha in the mix and heat it all together like he said but for future reference deff try heating before you add it to the mix because yes when its warm the spice is more soluble and will hold your spice a lot better.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Enoon
#6 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

1) possibly you have not enough water. I use about 800ml for 100g bark and that's on the low side of what is generally recommended it seems. The liquid-mix has to be liquidy, not viscous
2) if the layers separated after agitation you probably have enough lye in there, but more doesn't hurt
3) agitate. low yield on pulls usually come from too little agitation. if you have enough lye in there i.e. if the ph is high enough you can usually shake the jars and the emulsions will be gone within 30 min. Leaving the naphtha sit ontop of your mimosa brew will do very little even if you let it sit for three days. the trick is to bring the dmt molecules that are suspended in the black soup in contact with the naphtha, so the naphtha has to permeate the soup a little.
If you notice the emulsions aren't going away you might have to add more lye.
Putting the whole thing in a heat bath will also help but beware of pressure building. If you are using glass jars, be really careful since they can explode, because the naphtha will expand...
I get good results using just room temperature naphtha and soup, but I shake well. I don't believe in rolling the jars gently.
finally if you get red colored naphtha there's ways to fix it, pull it anyway. there's various was to clean it up, but no need to fret over it before you've got it.

cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Ljosalfar
#7 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:16:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where did the bark come from? Vendor?
Has SWiY decanted and dried what did drop out? What was the yield/pulls?
Keep pulling till nothing separates out...
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Cosmic Rift
#8 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:17:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ljosalfar wrote:
Where did the bark come from? Vendor?
Has SWiY decanted and dried what did drop out? What was the yield/pulls?
Keep pulling till nothing separates out...
L

Celestial Source was the vendor.

I'll try a bit of all of your ideas, thanks everyone. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.