We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What form of dmt for the uninitiated? Options

dzza
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello-

I'm at the very beginning of my personal DMT journey. I'd like to hear any input you may have on what form of DMT you recommend for a first timer.

I don't know anyone who has even heard of DMT, so one constraint is that I'll have to prepare it myself. Everything I've seen so far has been on how to make the powder/crystal to smoke. I know that I can get all of the materials needed for that process. Are there any forms of DMT you might say are 'off limits' to someone who has no connections and is relying on procuring materials legally on the internet?

Thanks very much

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Apoc
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a low dose either way. I believe an oral trip is potentially more intense than a smoked trip, but others say smoking is more intense. First timers are also probably more likely to fail with smoking because they might not have the right technique. It is easier to control dosage with oral because you know that whatever you swallow, you will get the effects of that. With smoking the success depends on how much is vaped, and how long it takes to inhale it (1 hit vs 3 or more), how long they hold it in, whether they cough or not, or if they burn it, etc.

A low of dose oral spice with harmalas is probably unlikely to cause a scary trip. Say, 20mg spice with 200mg harmalas. Or, in plant terms, 1g of mimosa with 3g Syrian rue, or substitute 20g caapi instead of syrian rue.

Low dose for smoking is hard to say. If 10g is vaped all at once, you might get a really strong trip, but if it takes 3 inhales, only euphoria might be felt.

Xt
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:49:52 PM

40mg freebase, in glass Vapor Genie.
Nuff said.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

landfishd
#4 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, if someone thinks they want to breakthrough on DMT then they should smoke enough for that effect the first time.

dzza
#5 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:12:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies. What I wanted to address is actually a little different though.

This may be a misconception, but I saw it posted on the boards of 420chan that there is a fundamental difference in the nature of the trip when DMT is smoked compared to taking it orally. If I recall, SWIM claimed that to smoke it is to be launched into hyperspace and that the experience is essentially random or misleading in nature. On the other hand, taken orally it may have a more direct spiritual meaning for the user. Now I'm just gearing up for a first time, so I don't know if there's any merit to this. However since my intention going into this is to respect the substance and use it 'correctly', it makes sense to me that if there is truth to the claim that smoking it is a fundamentally different experience that is somewhat more superficial then I should look into oral preparation.

Perhaps an ignorant question, but yada yada only stupid question is one you dont ask..

Thanks

landfishd
#6 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't gotten around to oral dmt yet and I am very excited for the day that I will. That said I think an oral dose can be good for the first time but I wouldn't and would advise any of my friends to try smoking first just based on the duration of the trip. You know that your smoked experience will be very short and if its not nice, then oh well itll be over soon. Oral dmt will have you going for a while and im sure its amazing, I just wouldn't want that to be my first exp if I had the option. Of course you can always do a low dose I still think I would personally rather smoke it first.

dzza
#7 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:10:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

landfishd wrote:
I haven't gotten around to oral dmt yet and I am very excited for the day that I will. That said I think an oral dose can be good for the first time but I wouldn't and would advise any of my friends to try smoking first just based on the duration of the trip. You know that your smoked experience will be very short and if its not nice, then oh well itll be over soon. Oral dmt will have you going for a while and im sure its amazing, I just wouldn't want that to be my first exp if I had the option. Of course you can always do a low dose I still think I would personally rather smoke it first.

Excellent point. That settles any question I had in my mind.

Eden
#8 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:10:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking is certainly "the neural canon", often a breakneck tour through hyperspace that is extremely intense and hard to even begin to comprehend.

Oral dosing can take you on the same tracks, but one has much more freedom to maneuver within the experience on the way there.

Smoking delivers reality shattering experiences, oral allows a greater level of "work" to be achieved, imo.

Ϋ©
#9 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:10:39 AM

Preconceptions do you no good.

Smoalk moar n,n-