We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q: Result of Q21 Tek 2: hcl or freebase? Options

Psikotrope
#1 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pardon me for my lack of understanding but I'm wondering if the result of Q21Q21's Tek 2 is a salt or freebase. Also I'm not confident in my understanding of the difference between the two. Maybe someone could clarify this for me.

Obviously the resulting powder is very smokable as is found via bioassay and I'm thinking its hcl. What would the freebase form be called chemically and is it preferable to the salt.

I've had wonderful high yield success with this tek so a big shout out to Q21Q21 for his hard work in putting it together.

Thanks ahead for suffering my ignorance.
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:18:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This tek yield an acetate which seems to be ready to smoked or capped for pharma. Thats were it's practicle.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Psikotrope
#3 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks rOm!

I hadn't even considered it being an acetate. Is acetate what we usually mean by freebase? Or am I way off the mark?
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

LawnBoy
#4 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My dog woke me up this morning and said "The acetate is the salt. The acetic acid easily evaporates off with heat, leaving the freebase. I don't think Q21 mentions HCl."

P.S. oh yeah, I'm such an idiot. I should have thought to mention this before. Q21, you are just brilliant. Your tek is great, just great. It's simple and easy, and just brilliant work. I like the versatility, the directness. It's easy to explain to others, easy to grasp and well written. Thanks so much for the pictures and hard work.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

Psikotrope
#5 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LawnBoy- Right Q21 never mentions hcl, only acetate and thats only in tek 1 I believe.

So I can heat the acetate to remove the acetic acid to leave a freebase? Don't think I'll be doing this but good info none the less!
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass

Shaolin
#6 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:27:02 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Psikotrope wrote:
Pardon me for my lack of understanding.

Thanks ahead for suffering my ignorance.

No need. Really. The desire to learn is more is to be encouraged not "shamed".

As for your question, I presume Q21 TEK 2 is the one that uses naphtha as a solvent ?

If so, then your product is freebase.

You make a salt by adding the acid at the END of the procedure but if you have followed TEK2 (using naphtha as a solvent) you can either let naptha evaporate or recrystallize. In both cases you are still dealing with freebase.

Psikotrope wrote:
Is acetate what we usually mean by freebase? Or am I way off the mark?

Short answer: No.

Acetate (salt of acetic acid)
Phosphate (salt of phosphoric acid)
Fumarate (salt of fumaric acid)
Hydrochloride (salt of hydrochloric acid )

vs. Free base

If I'm clear Coolio, if not let me know.

p.s. If you have followed TEK1 and used xylene/limonene you have to a salt out (acetic acid is used) the DMT since you can't freeze precipitate (like with naphtha).
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

q21q21
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:13:00 PM

SWIM

The result of TEK 2 is freebase DMT.
Freebase DMT is the only thing that freezer-precipitates out of naptha.

The tek was altered and now in the freezer-precipitation step each "DMT" was changed to "DMT-freebase"
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Psikotrope
#8 Posted : 2/5/2011 12:04:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot Q21Q21, and props for the excellent tek.
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass