We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attitude before smoking Options

Cowboy5560
#1 Posted : 2/1/2011 12:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For you experienced DMTers, SWIMs, or anyone whos had one or more breakthroughs, what's your attitude/mood before smoking again? How did it differ from your first expectations? Are you more or less anxious about doing it? Does anyone beleive they're communicating with a real (not just in your mind) entity, and do you smoke with the intentions of doing so?

SWIM is waiting for a soon to arrive Vaporgenie, and is looking for his first breakthrough. He has several other trustworthy friends looking foreward to vaping, and have prior non DMT psychadelic experiences themselves.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 2/1/2011 12:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Anxious?... sometimes.

My mood before smoking is always different depending on why I'm smoking. Sometimes I have serious thinking to do or if I've been feeling a bit off I use it as a brain medicine. Sometimes I even just want to behold the experience for no other reason than I know it can be so beautiful on the other side.

I'm pretty sure it's all me in there and have no reason to believe otherwise. To me it doesn't really make a difference. It is what it is and the impact it has on my life doesn't depend on my brain being a hyperdimensional video phone (though that would be interesting Smile ).

Pandora
#3 Posted : 2/1/2011 1:33:35 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Currently/Which Differs From the Past:

Fearful/Used to just be excited
Surrendered/Used to feel more adventurous/warrior-like
Humble/Used to think I knew something about DMT. I do not.
Reverent/Used to be simply atheistic and hedonistic.
Ritualized/Used to be more random/spontaneous.
Open to Learning/Used to think I had learned enough and just wanted healing.
Hesitant/Used to never hesitate.

Wow, this question is real food for thought for me.

I no longer have any theory regarding hyperspace entities, other than facets and levels of my own sub and preconscious mind as activated and chemically catalyzed by DMT. In the early days I really thought I might be opening a high energy door into a kind of hyperdimensionality, possibly even a realm that encompassed human souls upon the death of the physical.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

the Cake
#4 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:25:20 PM
Nat

The preconscious mind, yes, interesting stuff! It seems to me that since we all share a lineage, a common evolutionary ancestor, and maybe experiences from those ancestors are embedded in the structure of our psyche. Those experiences, attitudes, thought patterns etc would have to be buried deep, in order to make room for each new generation of thoughts; not only would they be buried deep but they would probably be consolidated. Maybe those thoughts would even be anthropomorphized, given human and animal (and plant) qualities. Those thoughts, impulses, feelings are then able to take shape in a vaguely recognizable way. So recognizable in fact that we begin to see ourselves in the spirits, our true nature. It is what it is, it is what you make it. Stop

Duraldo
#5 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:48:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is a new space cadet, and have not broken through the two times he's done it. However, before doing it the second time, SWIM was extremely anxious, that it took him over 4 days to go from loading the pipe, to actually taking the hit, even then he did a significantly lower dose (1/2 then the first time he did it). By all means, it was still a pretty nice experience. SWIM couldnt even light the pipe he was shaking so bad. Just try to be relaxed, don't think about it so much, SWIM couldn't figure out why he was so scared/nervous at first, there's absolutely nothing to fear. SWIM hopes to breakthru next time!!

the Cake
#6 Posted : 2/2/2011 4:23:12 AM
Nat

same here. once i opened the jar it was in I could sense my own fear, so i said "i can't follow through with this until i face that fear." it wasn't for a few days later until i took the hit. Very glad i did!

yaxar
#7 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have only had a handful of breakthroughs but even now i start shaking, shivering, jolting at the thought of picking up my pipe. It gets worse when the first scent enters me. I guess at that point, one only looks at oneself, really observe the fear/excitement/astonishment.... soon it goes away and one find's oneself calm and ready for it.
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

Cowboy5560
#8 Posted : 2/3/2011 12:24:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quoting SWIM:

"I'm fairly new to DMT, with only a few trips unde my belt and no breakthrough. I recently had an experience while a friend was over. Not expecting to smoke any spice, I had a cup of coffee. About an hour later, my friend couldnt wait until the weekend and wanted to try some DMT but wanted me to go first.

I was up for it but we didnt have a scale at the time, kinda eyeballed a guesstimate of 30mg and loaded it into the pipe with an herb/ash sandwich. Remembering all of the stories of extreme divinity, bizarre and horror I began shaking as I clicked the lighter. First hit felt pretty strong, and I wansn't exactly trying to have a breakthrough so I left it at that. My friend noted the burnt plastic smell while I enjoyed the "waiting room" visuals.

My friend had a similar open eye and chrysanthemum closed eye visuals. It was enjoyable and not frightening at all. My friend wondered what I was so nervous about, until I told him 'you may think you have died', or 'being strangled by plant vines' with an intensity thats indescribable was a possibility."

I was just wondering if SWIM is not the only one in the same boat. Trying to think "No ego, just watch...no matter what happens, you'll wake up.....yes, you actually ARE breathing, etc."

dzza
#9 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the Cake wrote:
The preconscious mind, yes, interesting stuff! It seems to me that since we all share a lineage, a common evolutionary ancestor, and maybe experiences from those ancestors are embedded in the structure of our psyche. Those experiences, attitudes, thought patterns etc would have to be buried deep, in order to make room for each new generation of thoughts; not only would they be buried deep but they would probably be consolidated. Maybe those thoughts would even be anthropomorphized, given human and animal (and plant) qualities. Those thoughts, impulses, feelings are then able to take shape in a vaguely recognizable way. So recognizable in fact that we begin to see ourselves in the spirits, our true nature. It is what it is, it is what you make it. Stop

Sounds very much like the concept of spice in Dune. In Dune the preborn (as an effect of the spice) had the ability to confer directly with their lineage.

My apologies if this comparison is trite.. it's all new to me Very happy