We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ready to Explore Options

owsley
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:34:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Everyone,

I am here because I am taking the next step on my journey of self-discovery. My whole life has been building up to the discovery of who I truly am and psychedelics have been the driving force in me trying to achieve that goal.

I have great belief that there is too much suffering in the world and that most people think only for themselves. I believe psychedelics can change this, my first experience with LSD was profound and I really felt connected with everyone in the world for the first time in my life. I am hoping DMT will make me feel the same connectedness with my inner self.

My current research into DMT has involved reading the Dr. Strassman's invaluable book DMT: The Spirit Molecule and spending lots of time reading posts others have kindly posted here over the last few months. I feel I am ready to explore the spirit molecule myself now.

I truly hope what Dr. Strassman said is true for me when I do my first extraction in a few days, that DMT will "give you the trip you need, not the trip you want."

I will be doing Noman's tek with 100g of MHRB, hopefully all goes well and I have some clean spice for my first experience. I plan on smoking it with Mullein via my glass pipe.

I'm looking forward to posting my first experience here and getting some feedback. Thanks so far to the community and thanks in advance for the information I'll surely gain from spending more time here.

जय गुरुदेव ॐ

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 6:29:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi owsley, welcome to the nexus.

Sounds like you got a good plan - it's always good to start with small amounts for extractions and 100g seems to be a good amount. Do you have any means to measure out your final product? eyeballing it can be a bit difficult - I would recommend some kind of milligram scale.

I also agree on the connectedness and I feel very strong about not supporting or continuing anything that causes suffering. That is not to say though that I am against the so called negative emotions, but rather that I believe we need not view them as negative at all and therefor suffer from them. Nor do I believe we can fix the world solely by disidentifying with our emotions - since our emotions are only one form of suffering of the many that exist - like starvation, mistreatment, poverty, pollution etc.
However since we are all part of a machinery that is apparently producing these things, it makes sense to change the components of the machinery, namely ourselves, and hopefully this change will slowly affect or infect the rest of the mechanism. The way we interact and bring ourselves forth into every moment seems to have immediate effects on our surroundings - if we choose, in every moment, the energy which is of the highest principles then perhaps we can initiate true growth and a positive transformation in our surroundings as well.

For me psychedelics help me find this energy, help me see higher or reach higher, help me want to do better. What do they do for you?

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

owsley
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 7:23:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Enoon,

Your reply was beautifully worded and exactly the welcoming response I was hoping for, thank you.

I do indeed have a milligram scale accurate to 0.01mg, I do plan on getting one that is accurate to 0.001mg soon. I plan on my first dose being 50mg, hopefully that's enough to leave me just content enough to not feel underwhelmed on my first experience with the spirit molecule.

Negative emotions are a powerful thing, it would be naïve to wish for a world absent of any negativity because it is the presence of this negativity that serves as a motivation to modify the source of that negativity. The only thing I can truly wish for is contentness with the balance of negative and positive forces in my life and others.

"The way we interact and bring ourselves forth into every moment seems to have immediate effects on our surroundings"

These words definitely hold true for me. Since opening my mind to psychedelics I've noticed just how much the things others say and do have an effect on me, using this amplified awareness I've adjusted the way I engage with others. I've been trying hard to bring that awareness into my unaltered consciousness, so far I really think it's working but there is a lot more to learn and a lot of room for improvement.

I guess psychedelics for me could be summed up as a catalyst for compassion. I do psychedelics not only for myself but for others...even if they don't know it.

Thanks Again.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ